What's new

Whats Wrong with ISPR Press release emphasizing "BETTER GOVERNANCE" from Political Leadership

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Shafqat Mehmood said on Wednesday the military’s media wing’s statement a day earlier highlighted the incumbent government’s incompetence.

“We have told the government to perform from time to time but they have no interest,” Mehmood said, while addressing the National Assembly.

Further, the PTI leader said the ISPR statement was a matter of concern for the federal government.

Arif Alvi, another PTI leader, aslo supported the ISPR statement and said that military and civilian courts should operate in a complementary manner.

Lack of governance initiatives worries army

On Tuesday, army chief General Raheel Sharif used a corps commanders’ meeting to call for taking ‘governance initiatives’ in order to complement efforts of the security forces in the fight against terrorism.

Further, commenting on ISPR’s statement, Leader of the Opposition in the National assembly Khursheed Shah said ISPR’s announcement is a clear message for the government and Prime Minster Nawaz Sharif.

“We hope the premier will understanding the army chief’s message and bring his cabinet in order,” Shah said.

“The government hasn’t taken Parliament seriously even after being in power for over two years. Why would ministers show up, if PM himself doesn’t come to the Parliament,” he questioned.

Army, FC soldiers’ indomitable courage bedrock of Zarb-e-Azb: Gen Raheel

According to the military’s media wing, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the corps commanders’ meeting – presided over by the army chief at the GHQ – extensively reviewed the internal security situation.

The army chief, appreciating the achievements and effects of the military offensive and intelligence-based operations (IBOs) against terrorists, acknowledged the full support of the nation for ‘our ongoing’ efforts to eliminate terrorism and extremism.

Gen Raheel, however, underlined the need for matching complimentary governance initiatives for long-term gains of the operations and enduring peace across the country.

As if the Army has a better moral compass? It does not.

You seem to only love whining sitting at a safe distance.

Your picture above and your comments about Pakistan army are disgusting to say the least.

Pakistan Army is not Musharraf or Zia or Yahya. Pakistan army is those brave boys who give up their lives so the rest can live in peace. You don't have to be Einstein to know that.

So what is it then? some sort of hidden agenda or just a screwed up head?

You seem to only love whining sitting at a safe distance.

Your picture above and your comments about Pakistan army are disgusting to say the least.

Pakistan Army is not Musharraf or Zia or Yahya. Pakistan army is those brave boys who give up their lives so the rest can live in peace. You don't have to be Einstein to know that.

So what is it then? some sort of hidden agenda or just a screwed up head?

That photo is a matter of record, Sir, and all my comments are respectful of the facts and the truth.

Is this the right Army?

538607681223e.jpg

Like I said, looters and thugs. Thugs and looters. This is the fate of Pakistan.
Hi,

Salute and hats off to the men-in-uniform, this picture is most humane as compared to American bombing in Iraq for non existent WMD. Power will always manifests itself, players change but power remains. Its just how USA abuses it power and invades other countries killing millions of innocents, but in much more civilized and bloodless manner to protect it from jahil fraudiye thugs. God bless Pak army

Hi,

Salute and hats off to the men-in-uniform, this picture is most humane as compared to American bombing in Iraq for non existent WMD. Power will always manifests itself, players change but power remains. Its just how USA abuses it power and invades other countries killing millions of innocents, but in much more civilized and bloodless manner to protect it from jahil fraudiye thugs. God bless Pak army

Have you ever seen the US Marines scale the walls of the White House in a similar shameful manner? Or disobey any order of the Constitutional Commander-in-Chief?

i have seen your beloved USMC's work in Iraq & Afghanistan and it is praise worthy. not*

What is praise worthy is their dedication to their sworn duties in accordance with the Law and the Constitution as directed by the civilian C-in-C. Truly admirable in that regards, yes, Sir. That is the real lesson for the Pakistani Army here.

Have you ever seen the US Marines scale the walls of the White House in a similar shameful manner? Or disobey any order of the Constitutional Commander-in-Chief?
Hi,

I have seen far worse, I have seen them shooting killing, raping and bombing the shit out of a sovereign country far more sickening

What is praise worthy is their dedication to their sworn duties in accordance with the Law and the Constitution as directed by the civilian C-in-C. Truly admirable in that regards, yes, Sir. That is the real lesson for the Pakistani Army here.
Hi,

Yes, going extra miles to protect and safeguard the nation from bastards is far better than invading another country

Have you forgotten what happened in East Pakistan so quickly, Sir?
Hi,

No I haven't, But I do clearly remember how in the pretext of WMD a whole nation was destroyed and raped for the last 10 years

Yes, we can all see just how well that policy has worked out for Pakistan, right?
Hi,

Yes, and how the policy has also diminished the global supremacy of US too, I have seen that all too well

Hi,

No I haven't, But I do clearly remember how in the pretext of WMD a whole nation was destroyed and raped for the last 10 years

Is that why you do not see the US military ordering the civilians to govern better?

Hi,

Yes, and how the policy has also diminished the global supremacy of US too, I have seen that all too well

Yes, we can all see the reality of that claim too. :D

Is that why you do not see the US military ordering the civilians to govern better?

Yes, we can all see the reality of that claim too. :D
Hi,

Yeah but i can see all too well extending the foreign policy by bringing freedom in your neighbourhood

Yes, we can all see the reality of that claim too.
Hi,
Yes failure to fight ISIS or to confront Iran or North korea for that matter :D

Hi,

Yeah but i can see all too well extending the foreign policy by bringing freedom in your neighbourhood

Sure, anybody and everybody is welcome to try and do that. Of course, sovereign nations are free to pursue their foreign policies as best as they can, equally. But, usually, nations that can do that generally have good rule of law and order within their own borders first, as is the topic here.

Back
Top Bottom