What's new

Whats the deal with /r/wallstreetbets and can Pakistani's benefit?

Can you please explain this phenomenon in easy words for us illiterates of stock business ? Like I am 5 year old kid.

A short summary would be nice.

Thank you so much.
There is a toffee costing 2 rupees.

You find out the price of this toffee will drop to 1 rupee in the next 10 days due to any factor.

You are clever so you decided to play a wicked game.

You ask your friend to lend you his 100 toffees only for 10 days.

You pay him rent for his toffees (a meagre amount) so he lends you.

You sell his toffees for 2 rupees (current price) and wait for 10 days.

When toffee price falls to 1 rupee (as you per your calculations), you buy it back from the market at 1 rupee each and return it to your friend again.

Now, you are (100 rupees - rent for the toffees) richer than you were before this game began.

Replace the toffees with shares, yourself with a hedge fund and your friend as any broker.

What happened instead is:

The toffees instead of dropping down to 1 rupee climbed to 10 rupees each since some of the other friends discovered your evil plan. And you lose big in the process.

have you seen their reddit page ?

5000 sign ups a second

5.7mn members

this movement is going global

regulators would shut the whole markets than let this play out

I don't think they could move the market, nor are they organised enough to manage it. This is just one midcap stock they've moved and forced out the shorts. I would be very surprised if those involved in this still have that much dry powder or the stomach to see some pointless losses to send a message. What do you think?

I don't think they could move the market, nor are they organised enough to manage it. This is just one midcap stock they've moved and forced out the shorts. I would be very surprised if those involved in this still have that much dry powder or the stomach to see some pointless losses to send a message. What do you think?

i cant say , never seen anything like this in my 6 yrs of trading

the problem is not these retail buyers driving the stock , the problem is that the hedge funds HAVE NO MORE STOCK to buy at a reasonable price to close their short positions . ( their only bet is that stock crashes well below 30USD )

at this price level , the money hedge funds have to pay is insane and most likely will bankrupt a lot of funds

unless ofc, the company GAMESTOP itself issues more stock and sells to these funds ( it can,in theory, demand any XYZ price for its stock )

the 'toffee' in the above post example is not 100, but 1000 rs each .

this is a nuclear bomb ...............

I'm a member of this Reddit forum and I must tell you it's the craziest place in the world. Think of it a pack of fraternity boys, drunk and high, with a few dollars in their pocket. It's profane. Crazy.

Some of the trades are just crazy, especially the YOLO ones, where they place outsized bets on trades with little chance of success.

For every winner, there are 100 losers.

I trade in options myself. If you short stocks, you are better off buying put options.

I will advise that if you are new to trading stock or options, please be careful and do your homework, otherwise, you will end up in the poor house.

A bunch of Neckbeards on reddit crashed the biggest hedge funds on wallstreet. If you want to help you can buy GME stock and hold. It will hurt the american economy

They are determined to crash those hedge funds on wall street. Problem is they are not organized. Most of the people will not hold on long enough to really let this thing go nuclear.

So I came across this on my twitter, apparently day traders are organising to by stocks that hedge funds are shorting, forcing them to buy them back and eventually making a profit from it. My nephew i think is doing something similar, he's a student.

View attachment 711296

Is this something any of you guys are involved in? Is it worthwhile getting into? Can the average Pakistani benefit from it?

Depends if the average Pakistani can access RH or WeBull....but it's too late now. GME is hit the ceiling imo.

Better jump on AMC, SNDL and others. ;)

One of those autists* made $50 million.

*it's not a slur, they call themselves that

The proper term is "degenerates". :lol:

I'm a proud one too. I not only follow the sub but am in 3 different discord servers related to WSB.
A bunch of Neckbeards on reddit crashed the biggest hedge funds on wallstreet. If you want to help you can buy GME stock and hold. It will hurt the american economy

Not really....it's helping the economy by spreading the wealth to the people. It's better than the 1% hoarding it.

One of those autists* made $50 million.

*it's not a slur, they call themselves that

His reddit name is DeepFuckingValue. He has a YT channel by the name of Roaring Kitty. Awesome dude too.

1611990684960.png

^that's actually him.

If you want to get in now, don't, you'll just end up losing a lot of money.

It was only worth getting this stock when it was still below 100$.

If you want to get in now, don't, you'll just end up losing a lot of money.

It was only worth getting this stock when it was still below 100$.

It was at $20 a week, or two, ago. Sadly, I didn't jump on it. :cry:
I'm a member of this Reddit forum and I must tell you it's the craziest place in the world. Think of it a pack of fraternity boys, drunk and high, with a few dollars in their pocket. It's profane. Crazy.

Some of the trades are just crazy, especially the YOLO ones, where they place outsized bets on trades with little chance of success.

For every winner, there are 100 losers.

I trade in options myself. If you short stocks, you are better off buying put options.

I will advise that if you are new to trading stock or options, please be careful and do your homework, otherwise, you will end up in the poor house.

Everyone's winning this month. Especially if they bought GME below $100. :D

It was at $20 a week, or two, ago. Sadly, I didn't jump on it. :cry:
I actually bought stock for GME (not a lot) around the time when the PS5 was going to release, because I thought it would pick up. Nope.

Sold it, because it was clear that GME was going to fail.

While I kind of regret selling, I'm not too sad about it. The current situation with GME is waaay too insane for me to get involved. Maybe next time when WSB decides to pull something similar I'll get involved.
Depends if the average Pakistani can access RH or WeBull....but it's too late now. GME is hit the ceiling imo.

I'm a proud one too. I not only follow the sub but am in 3 different discord servers related to WSB.

Not really....it's helping the economy by spreading the wealth to the people. It's better than the 1% hoarding it.

His reddit name is DeepFuckingValue. He has a YT channel by the name of Roaring Kitty. Awesome dude too.

View attachment 711873

^that's actually him.
It should be noted that despite his stock being valued at tens of millions of dollars, he still hasn't cashed out yet. Seems he's in it for the long haul.

I actually bought stock for GME (not a lot) around the time when the PS5 was going to release, because I thought it would pick up. Nope.

While I kind of regret selling, I'm not too sad about it. The current situation with GME is waaay too insane for me to get involved. Maybe next time when WSB decides to pull something similar I'll get involved.

LOL

This was like a once in a lifetime opportunity which we both missed sadly...

The closest thing was the VW (VolksWagen) short squeeze.

1611991588477.png

Very similar to GME...

1611991694969.png

View attachment 711873

^that's actually him.
Can these madlads be sued for insider trading? CNBC along with many other channels are fuming over this and now all these hedge funds want regulations:omghaha:.

It should be noted that despite his stock being valued at tens of millions of dollars, he still hasn't cashed out yet. Seems he's in it for the long haul.

I did buy 100k doge coins tho (a month ago when Elon tweeted about it)....hoping they'll hit $0.5 or even $1 lol

LOL

This was like a once in a lifetime opportunity which we both missed sadly...

The closest thing was the VW (VolksWagen) short squeeze.

View attachment 711879

Very similar to GME...
I mean WSB has pulled stunts like this before, though on a smaller scale.

Knowing how those memelords at WSB act, I guarantee you that after this is all over, they'll pull something similar.

As it is, WSB has won this war against the hedge funds. The best part is that these hedge funds can't even demand regulation because they've benefited for years from the exact same stunt that WSB is currently pulling.

Still, by the end of it, at least 1 short seller is gonna probably become an extremely wealthy person. Game's stock is eventually gonna plummet, as it's extremely overvalued. Its stock price should be no more than 20$, so its hyper inflated. This bubble is going to burst sooner or later.

Can these madlads be sued for insider trading? CNBC along with many other channels are fuming over this and now all these hedge funds want regulations:omghaha:.

Nah lol

WallStreet does that all the time....and nothing happens. We do it and all hell breaks lose...

But.....these guys did try to hurt us.....for example, RH (Robinhood) and other brokerage accounts stopped the selling of GME stocks....as you can see below of my RH account. That blatant market manipulation caused the big dip you see after it hit $460 whatever.

1611991927848.png

Then, WSB sub went private (by Reddit) and their discord server got taken down by Discord. These hedge funds and other folks need to be shafted good.
I mean WSB has pulled stunts like this before, though on a smaller scale.

Knowing how those memelords at WSB act, I guarantee you that after this is all over, they'll pull something similar.

As it is, WSB has won this war against the hedge funds. The best part is that these hedge funds can't even demand regulation because they've benefited for years from the exact same stunt that WSB is currently pulling.

Still, by the end of it, at least 1 short seller is gonna probably become an extremely wealthy person. Game's stock is eventually gonna plummet, as it's extremely overvalued. Its stock price should be no more than 20$, so its hyper inflated. This bubble is going to burst sooner or later.

Yea, they're already betting on PLTR, BB, AMC, SNDL & some others...

My watch list:

1611992112417.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom