Whats the Best Looking Fighter Jet?

F15
SU30 MKI
F16
Spit fire
P51 Mustang
F14

JgktAI5.jpg

:lol: well from a layman POV if i were to ask u to choose 1 aircraft from any category, and from all around the world both modern and yr era which one will it be?
If it was any fighter, then how about the Boeing P-12? America's last biplane fighter and a work of art...

071022-F-1234S-010.jpg

6th Aero Squadron, Wheeler Field Hawaii, circa 1931.

I do still love the phantom. When I was a kid in Trier....those guys would go over on full after-burner (and no, they don't really do that at air-shows). You would see them blur over head....a few seconds later it was like lightning had struck right next to you....would literally bring you an inch off the ground.

Were you in Germany during your childhood?

I have a bit of a soft corner for the Su 24 fighter bomber. An absolute beast!
Sukhoi_Su-24_inflight_Mishin-3.jpg

Su-24_armement.jpg

Were you in Germany during your childhood?

I have a bit of a soft corner for the Su 24 fighter bomber. An absolute beast!
Sukhoi_Su-24_inflight_Mishin-3.jpg

Su-24_armement.jpg
Yes, Germany during the 70's (many places, Trier and Spangdahlem are where I had the most exposure to the F-4). Trier was on the path to the Fulda gap....so the jets would practice getting there as soon as possible. In this day of political correctness...I doubt they do the full-speed runs due to local feelings. I kinda hated them at Spangdalhem, they would test the engines on the ground....the BOQ would shake at midnight from the test.

If it was any fighter, then how about the Boeing P-12? America's last biplane fighter and a work of art...

071022-F-1234S-010.jpg

6th Aero Squadron, Wheeler Field Hawaii, circa 1931.
Damn u really are hard to crack :lol: Pictures are not showing..........

Yes, Germany during the 70's (many places, Trier and Spangdahlem are where I had the most exposure to the F-4). Trier was on the path to the Fulda gap....so the jets would practice getting there as soon as possible. In this day of political correctness...I doubt they do the full-speed runs due to local feelings. I kinda hated them at Spangdalhem, they would test the engines on the ground....the BOQ would shake at midnight from the test.

Nice! I guess except Rammstein Airbase, the other German airbases are pretty much redundant for the US now. They recently stopped flying the A-10s from Spangdahlem.

Nice! I guess except Rammstein Airbase, the other German airbases are pretty much redundant for the US now. They recently stopped flying the A-10s from Spangdahlem.
I used to go to the airshows at Rammstein before the Italian incident. Good fun. Also Michelowe, Wurzburg, Schweinfurt, Nurnberg, Furth, etc. Was born in Furth. Ps...when I was there, the Iron curtain was very real....still have never been to the eastern areas.

Back
Top Bottom