What's new

What's in your Gun Locker?

Do the magazines of the Siaga give trouble in Pakistani heat? I heard the polymer expanded.
Original Saigas don't come with Poly mags....all metal...I had Vepr Molot 12g back in days and later sold it to my buddy.....there are local mags available in Poly and those expand on rapid fire, not recommended, be it in .223 / 556, 12g or 7.62 ....atleast thats what my experience been with .223 & 12g

@balixd can you make out any details about the below AKs? Are both the same version? These russian or chinese ?

DE03EF97-8010-4292-A4BE-2D036730DE24.jpeg

@MilSpec

@balixd can you make out any details about the below AKs? Are both the same version? These russian or chinese ?

View attachment 503063

@MilSpec
few things are off with both AKs.....at first look they may appear same but those who have been around weapons can clearly spot the difference. I have marked few places on both guns for you to review.

- Look at the Front Sight block on both guns, on top one you can see the hole is shaped different then the second one
- at Front Sight Block on 1st weapon you can see it is pined to the barrel on the top too.
- Gas Tube vents are patterened different on the 1st Gun
- Dog Tail / Dust Cover is ribbed on the second gun as compared to first, while the 1st Gun dust cover is lipped at the bottom too
- there is a clearly difference in Trigger Guard on both guns
- there is clear difference on Mag Release on both guns....
- There are few differences to the Trunion too on both guns , just look at the place where dust cover meets the rear sight block on both guns.....

So to answer your first question - No, these both aren't same versions
- Answering your second question will be a bit difficult for me, however to say to the best of my ability, I will say the Gun with Wooden furniture is Chinese Type 56, early model that came with fixed stock.....while the first one can be a Khyber copy / local made.....i can't just make any sense out of this gun tbh, that is why I am saying it is a local made.....

Can you send some close up photos of the Markings on the gun.....just blurout the Serial Number and leave the Alphabet series intact, also share the Safety Lever markings......that whill tell a good tale about the origin of these guns....but am pretty sure the first one is local

DE03EF97-8010-4292-A4BE-2D036730DE24.jpeg

lol....just look at the Safety Lever markings & the serial number.....ruskies have their own way of stamping ALphabets on the receiver, they have very different font

few things are off with both AKs.....at first look they may appear same but those who have been around weapons can clearly spot the difference. I have marked few places on both guns for you to review.

- Look at the Front Sight block on both guns, on top one you can see the hole is shaped different then the second one
- at Front Sight Block on 1st weapon you can see it is pined to the barrel on the top too.
- Gas Tube vents are patterened different on the 1st Gun
- Dog Tail / Dust Cover is ribbed on the second gun as compared to first, while the 1st Gun dust cover is lipped at the bottom too
- there is a clearly difference in Trigger Guard on both guns
- there is clear difference on Mag Release on both guns....
- There are few differences to the Trunion too on both guns , just look at the place where dust cover meets the rear sight block on both guns.....

So to answer your first question - No, these both aren't same versions
- Answering your second question will be a bit difficult for me, however to say to the best of my ability, I will say the Gun with Wooden furniture is Chinese Type 56, early model that came with fixed stock.....while the first one can be a Khyber copy / local made.....i can't just make any sense out of this gun tbh, that is why I am saying it is a local made.....

Can you send some close up photos of the Markings on the gun.....just blurout the Serial Number and leave the Alphabet series intact, also share the Safety Lever markings......that whill tell a good tale about the origin of these guns....but am pretty sure the first one is local

View attachment 503090

lol....just look at the Safety Lever markings & the serial number.....ruskies have their own way of stamping ALphabets on the receiver, they have very different font
A dealer whatsappd me the pic...

Im suspicious about the weapons too.. noted a few of the points u pointed towards...
So whats your final verdict... if u had to buy one of the rifles.... the regular AK?

Im suspicious about the weapons too.. noted a few of the points u pointed towards...
So whats your final verdict... if u had to buy one of the rifles.... the regular AK?
The wooden one looks likes a 1979 Russian AKM while nothing can be clearly said about second one.Better ask him about clear shots of marking via email.

The wooden one looks likes a 1979 Russian AKM while nothing can be clearly said about second one.Better ask him about clear shots of marking via email.
truth be told, its very difficult to make much out of this picture, especially given the Picture quality.....
it is not clear whether the FS is eared or hooded....to me it looks like hooded, that makes it Chinese T-56.....then look at the Trigger guard & Grip, it is the designed similar to one that comes on an AKM...... however look at the Mag release then that resembles the one on T-56.....

all being said i think it will be safe to say it is either AKM or Chinese T-56, more pics can help get a clear picture.....

the top one is for sure a local made.....

if i really had to pick one up from these two, it will be the one with wooden furniture.....
however my advise, leave them and go for something cleaner.....just two months ago we bought my friend a Milled receiver 1956 AK47 T-3.....it is clean as hell....then few years back we bought 1976 AKM for my uncle, again a damn clean chamber.....these are really beaten up pieces......

truth be told, its very difficult to make much out of this picture, especially given the Picture quality.....
it is not clear whether the FS is eared or hooded....to me it looks like hooded, that makes it Chinese T-56.....then look at the Trigger guard & Grip, it is the designed similar to one that comes on an AKM...... however look at the Mag release then that resembles the one on T-56.....

all being said i think it will be safe to say it is either AKM or Chinese T-56, more pics can help get a clear picture.....

True that but on other side that may be a rifle made up with parts from AKM and T56-i,dust cover,muzzle device and front hand guard clearly show that it's a AKM.
Only Marking and Matched body parts number can tell a truth about it,otherwise to many copy cats.

if i really had to pick one up from these two, it will be the one with wooden furniture.....
however my advise, leave them and go for something cleaner.....just two months ago we bought my friend a Milled receiver 1956 AK47 T-3.....it is clean as hell....then few years back we bought 1976 AKM for my uncle, again a damn clean chamber.....these are really beaten up pieces......

The second one looks like a beaten up AKM..

1200px-AKM.jpg

The gas tube ports and mag release are different on both if you compare this pic with them.....this is why am telling you, look at the mrkings on the gun......send pics for those if possible
He was asking 50K (cheap AF).... not buying any more.

Back
Top Bottom