What's new

Whatever

Sent by a friend from Karachi:

A very old friend of mine, Mr. Farhan, who himself has voluntarily been contributing to every election since last many years as a polling agent, shared the following, FYI:

"I was personally involved in the election process as a polling agent and reason for delay is huge turnover and very strict rules inside polling booths. This is unlike any election i have seen previously atleast in our locality. Everything is happening by the book and no one is allowed to leave the station once all documentation and signing off is complete. Everything happened very candidly, with cctv coverage with multiple counts despite clear pti victory. No stone is being left unturned.

Many areas where polling continued till 8 due to enormous turnover. The election staff is not used to it. Its also partly because election staff is no longer representing a certain party who had experience in dealing... Current staff is new and not experienced as far as what i witnessed.

We were done counting by 8 and came out by 12. Too much focus on documentation, double checking plus new staff.

I was actively involved on ground in gulshan and then johar area and this is not happening here. And i was not representing PTI for the record, nor was there a significant polling agent representation by pti. Their workforce in karachi compares nothing to well established parties like mqm and jamat islami.

In our station, not a single PTI polling agent was present to celebrate khan sahb victory.

This (IT issue) is unfortunate...its a new system and the staff as such was not trained either. We had to help them out in documentation and it was unnerving.

Even women staff who generally leave by 7 were told to sit till final result (form 45) is handed over.

Manipulation ki zaroorat hi nahi pari, public nay vote diya hai atleast in various parts of karachi. I was personally stunned by the results when we were counting votes. And this was not the first time I was involved, things went very differently this time. Not everything has to be an international conspiracy, sometimes its just the bitter truth that is too difficult to digest.

More than one actually, because i was with a third party (niethet pti nor mqm) and our entire team reported similar stuff otherwise we would be making fuss about dhandli too. Also i myself went to a couple of booths.

Our team even tried to bring counting complication and we personally help reject many pti votes on technical ground. 2 army men were sitting right next to me, none objected or forced a different outcome.

Army is an organization, its not mqm or pti, it has a chain of command. If the commanding office didn't interfere here, its safe to assume they weren't doing it in general. Plus everything from a sneeze to a yawn is recorded on cctv."

This has been shared here so we should know the actual situation directly from the hourse's mouth!

jIcj6PV.png

@django @PakSword @SherDil @BHarwana

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom