What's new

What ya eating?

I normally user ready made nandos peri peri dry rub and sauces.

Have seen so many recipes havent tried home made yet

went to a place in gabz ... good lord tried this for the first time. very good. Took the photo of next table people eat; decided to then order it. Good.

I normally user ready made nandos peri peri dry rub and sauces.

Have seen so many recipes havent tried home made yet
nope. try the one i have posted; this from my portugese friend moms' hand me down recipe - tried and tested for 30 yrs. You dont need nandos at all.

hands down best fried chicken - Chicken Licken.

Attachments

• IMG_2792.JPG
    IMG_2792.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2173.JPG
    IMG_2173.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 66
Guess i need to find myself a potato curls cutter!! ring cutter?

You can do that or go for the easy version and buy them ready made and ready to fry from them supermarket.
You cook? :what:

812BHzqn+QL._SX425_.jpg

Good to see thread still going.

So I thought I'd just do regular grilled teriyaki chicken (marinaded the chicken thighs and everything in teriyaki sauce)....but I figured I had a cabbage I needed to use up, so I went more for oven roast kinda casserole method with cabbage lining the bottom of dish etc....made some roast potatoes too. Turned out pretty good all in all, everyone was happy.

View attachment 569754

Definitely will be trying that peri peri chicken soon!

That looks yum. I wonder what teriyaki would taste like if I roast it on charcoal. Sofar I have used it in the oven or for sirtfeying only.

I wish u were my roommate, damn
i could use a roommate who cooks lol.

The other night I was bored so i messed around with chicken and ended up with one of the best dishes I had ever created. I'm gonna refine the recipe and then post it here.
Why didn't you take pics already?

I wonder what teriyaki would taste like if I roast it on charcoal.

Should be fine, I have done this, turned out great (charcoal grill or gas grill). In fact thats what I meant to do with this batch initially. Charcoal will give it bit more typical BBQ flavour for sure.

Just keep an eye and dont over do the time...there should be good balance of moistness.

Also I mixed in some sriracha garlic chilli paste into marinade for a little heat.

You can do that or go for the easy version and buy them ready made and ready to fry from them supermarket.

View attachment 569839

That looks yum. I wonder what teriyaki would taste like if I roast it on charcoal. Sofar I have used it in the oven or for sirtfeying only.

i could use a roommate who cooks lol.

Why didn't you take pics already?
Huh? But your the one cooking stuff. I usually burn stuff

View attachment 569839
The ready to cook fries are the easy thing, will want to find the cutter. I saw a manual one with someone but the one you shared looks interesting. Will look for it.

I stayed in an apartment as a Bachelor for two three years away from family. :D
So yeah, i cook.

However its not very regular now with the work routine and living with family and all but i still do when i get a chance, its quite rare now however, once a month may be!

Last edited:
Women are like fruits; each of them has its own shape, size, taste and aroma. That's why I like fruit salad. :smitten:

tenor (7).gif

Looking good. Tagine is very easy.

Man this thread is becoming more on ..... WHAT CAN JIE COOK!!!.

Tagine is indeed easy and very tasty and you can make it in so many ways. But it's all about the right balance of ras el hanout (arab version of garam massala) and the texture and colors of the dish. It all worked well today and my guests liked it. Me too :agree:

View attachment 570625

Tagine is indeed easy and very tasty and you can make it in so many ways. But it's all about the right balance of ras el hanout (arab version of garam massala) and the texture and colors of the dish. It all worked well today and my guests liked it. Me too :agree:
yes but not required. just simple steps - have 2 sister in laws from maroc who do it daily :).

What is key also is preserved lemons. Very easy to do.

I absolutely adore the stuff turned out by this little but extremely good Pan Asian place in Lahore. The way they do fish and prawns is finger licking, lip smacking good.
Sriracha Wings
2019-07-21 09.16.58 1.jpg
2019-07-21 09.16.48 1.jpg

Garlic Pepper Prawns with Egg Fried Rice:
2019-07-21 09.46.08 1.jpg

2019-07-21 09.45.12 1.jpg

Thai style chicken with ginger, birds eye chilies and onion with Garlic fried rice
2019-07-21 09.45.04 1.jpg

2019-07-21 09.45.22 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom