What's new

What would have Jinnah thought of Ajmal Kasab and gang, wonders SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuego

BANNED
Reaction score
What would have Jinnah thought of Ajmal Kasab and gang, wonders SC - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: In the wanton spilling of blood and mindless destruction during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Pakistani terrorists had scant regard to places, including the iconic Taj Hotel, which were once close to the heart of Pakistan's Quaid-e-Azam Mohd Ali Jinnah.

"One wonders what Quaid-e-Azam would have thought of the terrorist attack on his favourite city in the subcontinent and especially on Taj Mahal Hotel, which he had a personal relationship of a very intimate kind," the Supreme Court said in its judgment on Wednesday while upholding death penalty to the lone surviving Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab.

The bench of Justices Aftab Alam and C K Prasad recalled, "At the Taj Mahal Hotel ballroom on February 20, 1918, at her 18th birthday party, Ruttie had accepted Jinnah's hand in marriage while the band was playing the Chopin tune 'So Deep is the Night'."

It is also reported that Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, and Sarojini Naidu often held court at Taj Hotel, the court said in the judgment.

It went on to describe the special relationship Jinnah had with Mazgaon, where a bomb planted by the terrorists in a taxi killed three people and injured 19. "It is reported that Jinnah devoted Thursday afternoons to visiting the grave of his wife Ruttie at the Khoja Shiite Isna'ashri Cemetery situated at Mazgaon, Mumbai," said Justice Alam, who authored the judgment for the bench and dug into the archives to come across Jinnah's innate connection with Mumbai.

Describing the modus operandi of the terrorists in striking at luxury hotels Taj and Oberoi and Leopold Cafe, the court said the perpetrators knew that these were the places where the upper crust of the country got together with colleagues and peers from across the globe.

"The attack at these two hotels and the cafe had a dual purpose. First, the killing of wealthy and powerful Indians and foreigners would not only send shock waves across this country but would also attract international attention, which is the greatest prize and inducement for any terrorist group," the court said.

"Secondly, the terrorists hoped to take some 'very important people as hostages' there; this would, they believed, enable them to negotiate with the Indian authorities regarding some vague and fantastic demands," it added.

"The attack at Nariman House was intended to somehow involve Israel in the matter and to further internationalize the issue by killing Jewish and Israeli citizens living there. For a short while, the terrorists, who had taken possession of Nariman House, seemed to be succeeding in their objective as they were able to establish contact with someone called Levi in the US, who appears to have rushed in as the self-styled intermediary, negotiating to save the lived of the people taken hostage," the bench said.

Proud maybe of his nation producing so many mard-e-momins against a kafir India?

There is no dearth of Pakistanis who in public post all possible regrets about the incident but in private or private messages rather do point out with glee how 10 Pakistani sher's battled Hindu forces for over 2 days and held a city hostage.

Proud maybe of his nation producing so many mard-e-momins against a kafir India?
There is no dearth of Pakistanis who in public post all possible regrets about the incident but in private or private messages rather do point out with glee how 10 sher's battled Hindu forces for over 2 days.

Call me old fashioned or living in a dream world, but I refuse to believe the bold part

Actually judge Aftab Alam needlessly pondered over many things. Well he is the one hearing the Ayodhya case along with another marxist RS Lodha.

People like Ajmal Kasab and his masters in Pakistan are despised by most in Pakistan.

We hope to send everyone of them to meet worse fates than that of Kasab.

Jinnah would have never allowed a Kasab to be created in Pakistan.

Asim if there are people in Pakistan who don't despise the militants for what they are doing in Pakistan then what hope do Indians keep.

If you haven't tuned in, you should've taken a look at what some anchors were saying about Ttp that they 'only' want sharia and can't be blamed and whatnot.

Asim if there are people in Pakistan who don't despise the militants for what they are doing in Pakistan then what hope do Indians keep.

If you haven't tuned in, you should've taken a look at what some anchors were saying about Ttp that they 'only' want sharia and can't be blamed and whatnot.

There are one or two (like 1%) of them who have not been violent and just give lip service to support implementation of a Taliban state. Anchors are wrong as this is not the Khilafat state (although its debatable if its even necessary in modern day Pakistan), this is a Taliban state that they are implementing.

This 1% unfortunately appeal to the larger masses who can't go against the argument "We are with Islam, you are against us so you must be against Islam". For a common uneducated man this is a powerful argument and one that can make him or her be blinded to further arguments.

Which is why most of their blind followers always appear to be screaming and stomping their feet so to quell any further debate. Debate is where they will lose.

It's a blatant lie and one that hasn't properly been debated on. We hope to supply proper grounds for that debate and let the chips fall where they may.

Asim I have grown up with and around Muslims in Bihar.

Even today in spite of what many of you may believe, my closest friend is a Muslim, and I still have college day Muslim friends in some of Mumbai's most hardcore Muslim strongholds.

The general sentiment even here in India is that the educated moderate few silently watch what's happening to their uneducated youth and maintain a low profile - not so much for fear of backlash of the the Hindu majority around them but terror of the fundamental indoctrinate youth of their own community.

I will give you an example.

Muslims in Mumbai know what is happening. They are also well aware what happened in 1992. Many of them (educated, moderate) still argue that had it not been for Dawood and his bomb blasts, many more of them would have been killed.

I know well the stories of POTA, of the police, of door to door Muslim markings, etc. We do not live in a vacuum.

So the Muslim moderates in spite of knowing what's happening in their community, keep quiet, and go along with the community flow.

They know they will be targeted should anything happen. So they choose to live within or close to Muslim dense pockets for the safety of numbers.

And they dare not speak up and out against what anti-national thing is happening under their nose, because the repercussions then will be even worse.

What then can you do in Pakistan? Where there is no counter-weight worth its name?

And the government and military is strongly Islamic in hue - even beyond the class of 1971 / Zia-era cadres moving on?

There is no dearth of Pakistanis who in public post all possible regrets about the incident but in private or private messages rather do point out with glee how 10 Pakistani sher's battled Hindu forces for over 2 days and held a city hostage.

On the contrary, Jinnah never ruled over India, but one wonders how Babur must be turning in his grave.
One wonders how many Bharat Mata Sapoots are keen to condemn the destruction of one of India's ruler's heritage.

My Muslim friend incidentally keeps warning me, because I enjoy fingering him with some of my posts.

He is convinced that very soon there will be either a Pakistani or Iranian or Arab hit squad abseiling down from stealth choppers over my home.

Why on earth is he being referred to as the Quaide Azam in an India court:confused:

Why on earth is he being referred to as the Quaide Azam in an India court:confused:

Exactly the first thing I thought when I read the piece a few days back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom