What's new

what was her fault?

I don't have exact details but
Pellets gun should not be used on public.
Well their parents wanted to put more pressure on by using its children.
But there is only one case so there is probability that this cute little child hiding among the public.

Use of pellet guns as a non lethal crowd control measure is up for debate. That’s not the topic of discussion.

The point is, let’s assume you know that the police is brutal and uses pellet guns for riot control. Knowing this, would you bring your child in the middle of a riot that’s being fired upon? Let alone leave the child unattended? That to me is clearly endangering the child, knowingly.

Most PDF Pakistanis are focusing on the political aspect of whether the Indian armed forces should even be in Kashmir. But fact is, Indian armed forces are there (that’s not going anywhere) that a fact. Pellet guns have been used, to control violent stone pelting mobs. That’s a FACT
So after knowing all this, if a parent decided to bring the child in the middle of this, shouldn’t the onus be on the parents who put the child in harms way, KNOWINGLY?!

What do you think?
Was your army aware of it?

My personal view on this, is that in a riot situation, in the heat of the moment, you tend to focus on the clear and present danger rather than collateral damage.
The Kashmiri police are humans too. They are trying to control a violent mob baying for their blood. One tends to overlook the fact that there maybe children present in the crowd.

Do you really believe in your heart that iIndians are that heartless that we would willingly fire on a child with the intent to harm?
Hurting the child obviously wasn’t the aim, but collateral damage as I’ve said before. What would we gain by hurting a child? If anything we would only fuel the separatist propoganda which is exactly how this story is being pandered.
Take the bias for India away and think objectively.

Use of pellet guns as a non lethal crowd control measure is up for debate. That’s not the topic of discussion.

The point is, let’s assume you know that the police is brutal and uses pellet guns for riot control. Knowing this, would you bring your child in the middle of a riot that’s being fired upon? Let alone leave the child unattended? That to me is clearly endangering the child, knowingly.

Most PDF Pakistanis are focusing on the political aspect of whether the Indian armed forces should even be in Kashmir. But fact is, Indian armed forces are there (that’s not going anywhere) that a fact. Pellet guns have been used, to control violent stone pelting mobs. That’s a FACT
So after knowing all this, if a parent decided to bring the child in the middle of this, shouldn’t the onus be on the parents who put the child in harms way, KNOWINGLY?!

My personal view on this, is that in a riot situation, in the heat of the moment, you tend to focus on the clear and present danger rather than collateral damage.
The Kashmiri police are humans too. They are trying to control a violent mob baying for their blood. One tends to overlook the fact that there maybe children present in the crowd.

Do you really believe in your heart that iIndians are that heartless that we would willingly fire on a child with the intent to harm?
Hurting the child obviously wasn’t the aim, but collateral damage as I’ve said before. What would we gain by hurting a child? If anything we would only fuel the separatist propoganda which is exactly how this story is being pandered.
Take the bias for India away and think objectively.
Well if I were them I would never bring my child along with me
Pellet guns are not allowed in developed countries and not commonly used and
Headshots are specifically not allowed.

Last edited:
Indian Nationalism and Hindu Religious Chauvinism at it's worst !!
The Kashmiri Muslims hate you to the core because you guys deserve it
Pitiful sub-human creatures are those who are trying to defend/justify this barbaric act on different pretexts

i couldn't have come up with a better comparison with Today's India.

between your fight with India/Afghanistan, civil war in Bangladesh and internal mismanagement you have left a lot of equally sad people

You see
That the blind hatred snd extremism in Indian society weakens the claim over kashmir when kashmiris that should be their fellow Indians are extended no fair consideration or empathy.
Its the civilian Kashmiri people i am talking about.
Not the militants.
Sirjee,,u too.
I mean,,what happened,,less thn dozen of indian posters didnt feel sad n emphatic as u did.
So what???
Blaming indian govt,tht too only to an extent,i can agree with but the whole indian society,,seriously.
How many indians have u met in ur lifetime n out of thm how many were non bhayyas?
Btw What do u expect,,,some kid in kashmir got hurt n all of india shud pour in to criticize forces operating in a restive region n support the kid who most probably has ghatiya parents.
What exactly pakistanis expect of indians,,,better what exactly pakistanis want for kashmiris,,yaa yaa i know freedom n all but freedom for what?
I sure hope,,its freedom to have a dignified,prosperous life.
But the discussions here dont allude to that.does anyone here even look beyond the usual hindu muslim shit.i actually thought u did.
Ok ,,,here we have got a hurt kid,, atleast the kid isnt dead.but oh look at the passionate concern of pakistanis.
Now how many pakistanis actually know or even care about the high infant mortality rate in the kashmir.(or even there own country for that matter)
Or such deaths(often due to diarrhoea,sepsis mostly curable diseases)r nothng to he bothered about.
I know asking such question on this "defence" site is meaningless,,where even mods n admin r,,well dissapointing.
i generally refrain frm commenting on such threads but ur post made me rant this much.
Have a gud day

Well if I were them I would never bring my child along with me
Pellet guns are allowed but not commonly used and
Headshots are specifically not allowed.

Well that’s the point I was making ie. Don’t bring a child to an obviously dangerous situation.

Lastly, I think the pellet guns you’re thinking of vs the ones being used for riot control are two different versions.
The ones used in riot control are sprayed as opposed to targeted shots.
The reason why they can go in the eye is for this reason as it is not controlled or aimed at a specific body part, but towards the general direction of the crowd. It’s a method of dispersion.

So there is no issue with “headshots” as these aren’t targeted shots. The Kashmiri police is not aiming for the eyes, but a spray of pellets can go into the eye or any other body part for that matter.

Well that’s the point I was making ie. Don’t bring a child to an obviously dangerous situation.

Lastly, I think the pellet guns you’re thinking of vs the ones being used for riot control are two different versions.
The ones used in riot control are sprayed as opposed to targeted shots.
The reason why they can go in the eye is for this reason as it is not controlled or aimed at a specific body part, but towards the general direction of the crowd. It’s a method of dispersion.

So there is no issue with “headshots” as these aren’t targeted shots. The Kashmiri police is not aiming for the eyes, but a spray of pellets can go into the eye or any other body part for that matter.
But she got blinded....
I think these parents bring there children in such situation only if there livings are so badly disturbed....
But they should keep their children away from it.....

Well then congratulate each other and celebrate as you shamlessly have been, you have just blinded an other terrorist!!

And all that for the land they claim to be an "Attot Aang"!! Pathetic!!
their claim falls on its face when they (general Indian public influenced by RSS) dont recognize the basic rights of the natives of that land. it makes them look no different to the invaders.

But she got blinded....
I think these parents bring there children in such situation only if there livings are so badly disturbed....
But they should keep their children away from it.....

I feel bad for the child (this was not her choice to be there), perhaps the parents too, for no parent wants to see their child hurt..forget being blinded.
But the parents have themselves to blame.

Whatever the reason for the parents to be there ( nationalism, kashmiriyat, freedom whatever) they have to secure their child’s future before anything else.
Mind you, I’m a pretty nationalistic myself, but it would never superceed the safety of my child, especially an infant.

I feel bad for the child (this was not her choice to be there), perhaps the parents too, for no parent wants to see their child hurt..forget being blinded.
But the parents have themselves to blame.

Whatever the reason for the parents to be there ( nationalism, kashmiriyat, freedom whatever) they have to secure their child’s future before anything else.
Mind you, I’m a pretty nationalistic myself, but it would never superceed the safety of my child, especially an infant.
Yes you are right in that case no one want to bring his child in it.....
Althoigh I am unmarried....
No need to bring her in the protests
But after that Indian police should also not use pellet guns.

Water canons can also be used it this regard.

Yes you are right in that case no one want to bring his child in it.....
Althoigh I am unmarried....
No need to bring her in the protests
But after that Indian police should also not use pellet guns.

Water canons can also be used it this regard.

As much as I agree with you about water cannons, as things stand, water is more precious to India and Pakistan than even the lives of its citizens.

Plus for water cannons, you need that kind of infrastructure and resources, which neither country has. Water supply being the primary element there.
I’ve seen water cannons being used only once in Delhi.

As much as I agree with you about water cannons, as things stand, water is more precious to India and Pakistan than even the lives of its citizens.

Plus for water cannons, you need that kind of infrastructure and resources, which neither country has. Water supply being the primary element there.
I’ve seen water cannons being used only once in Delhi.
You live in Delhi.?
Well I live in southern Punjanb where. There is always an allert of flood so there is no shortage of water if you are considering pure drinking water than its a different Case was there is a strike in Delhi for which water canons are used??

You live in Delhi.?
Well I live in southern Punjanb where. There is always an allert of flood so there is no shortage of water if you are considering pure drinking water than its a different Case was there is a strike in Delhi for which water canons are used??

I live in NYC.
Sorry should have clarified, I meant I saw water cannons being used on rioting protestors in Delhi in a news report.
But that’s the only instance I have seen of this in India (news).
Lathi charge is the favorite way to quell protests, followed by tear gas, chili pepper bombs and rubber bullets which might actually be more lethal than pellet guns.
Either way, yes, water cannons should be the way of choice among the non lethal methods (though I’ve heard water cannons are no joke either, they can do their own damage by throwing people off their feet causing concussions, blunt force trauma among other injuries).
But definitely something to consider for Indian forces, though I’m certain there must be a reason (cost, infrastructure or inefficiency) that prevents the govt from investing in them.

Anyone who want to have friendship with India is for sure going to rot in hell.

Back
Top Bottom