What's new

What type of hand to hand combat training do Pakistani forces get or should they get?

We dont have that type of borders where hand to hand fight can occur with Indians
Hand to hand fight has occurred many times in combat with Indians (Read: L/N Mehfooz shaheed).
Indian commander said he fought like a boxer with fists and punches.

But that sort of training does not trickle down to the average PA grunt.
See if you can find any videos of Pakistan Marines training in hand to hand combat.

Yes PM train in Taekwondo

5:36 to 5:56

Hand to hand fight has occurred many times in combat with Indians (Read: L/N Mehfooz shaheed).

See if you can find any videos of Pakistan Marines training in hand to hand combat.

Police ATS / CT units get trained in Karatedo ...am trying to find the image of Chest insignia unable to find it though

Only scenario I can think of where both forces goes into hand to hand combat will be if they both ran out of all the amunition they have including NASR.
Then it will be a kicking fight to death.

Other scenario will be if ones soldiers are captured and they will face slaps and kicks.

But I agree it's good to have hand combat training to kill or subdue the opposing soldiers.

Another scenario is, you're clearing out buildings or called to riots or in crowded spaces attacker might ran with full strength, may try to grab your weapon or try to stab with knife or hit you with baton..

Probably gandasa.

images

images

Marines and special forces train in Taekwondo.
Boxing and hand to hand combat is mandatory for officers in the armed forces, even since the extra anti-terror training started a larger emphasis was laid on it. I don’t believe there’s a specific style normal soldiers train in but a lot of it is derived from Taekwondo. They’re taught how to disarm an enemy, use their weapon as a Melee weapon and basic hand to hand combat. Of course it’s not on par with with the Special forces would have, but that’s understandable.
Rest assured A soldier will know how to handle himself if need be, especially against the kind of enemy we’re facing, could it be better? Of course, there’s always room for improvement, is it better than what it was 10-20 years ago? By several hundred miles. So I think we’re good.

using baseball bats with cortina wires and nails to smash heads is just cold savage.

the PLA death squad must be feared,,

reminds me of negan from the walking dead
------------------

the pak army trains every foot soldier in hand to hand, its karate mostly

There was a video where a regular army captain or lieutenant hit a ttp prisoner with a flashing flying kick, seems like they are proficient in hand to hand combat.

They all have good ol Taekwondo. Same moves rehearsed over and over again which probably some foreign training contingent taught us.

No progress. No experimentation with newer techniques. I worked with a Bulgarian conscript, he knew at least 3 styles. So standardization and sticking with what works is great but there should be forward thinking.

Too much of our military seems to be being content with what we have(sitting on your behind with glee) until it dawns, that India has acquired something new and then the scramble to match them begins(not all the time but most of the time)

I do realize some of what we might have must remain a secret.

Pakistanis give hand to hand combat training to their soldiers in ASPT ( Army school of Physical Training ) the name of the course is UCBC ( Unarmed combatants) every year a course comes I don't know about the strength of the course...........

One nishan-e-haider recipient in 1971 earned his award for strangling an Indian in a bunker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom