What's new

What Stupid Manjrekar, Alan Donald and ian Cheppal

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Australia and South Africa have the best bowling attacks in world cricket today, with Pakistan, led by Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, and England not too far behind, according to Ian Chappell, Allan Donald and Sanjay Manjrekar. Speaking on the latest episode of Time Out, they also agreed that India and Sri Lanka didn't measure up to the rest.

Among the parameters used to rate the line-ups was their effectiveness in all conditions. The ability of Australia and South Africa's bowlers to challenge batsmen on placid surfaces gave them an edge over the others, said Manjrekar. "When you look at bowling attacks from around the world Australia will still perhaps be No.1, because you can imagine that attack being pretty good on Indian conditions, in Sri Lanka as well," he said.

"Getting everything in the air, trying to beat batsmen in pace and not using the surface at all by bowling the ball full - that's where Australia are good. They have got Mitchell Johnson who uses the length well. Doug Bollinger is also quite happy pitching the ball up. Australia and South Africa to me are the attacks that can perhaps make an impression in all sorts of conditions."

England, with a strong pace attack and a successful spinner in Graeme Swann, Donald said, were formidable in home conditions. But he felt they would be tested in Australia later in the year. "It'll be very interesting for them to go to Australia during the Ashes and bowl on those flat pitches," Donald said. "With the new ball, they're pretty good. James Anderson is the bowler for me who really stands out in that regard. Stuart Broad is pretty much a line bowler, he's quite aggressive. But in conditions with the Kookaburra ball, they're going to need something off the deck as well. So they're going to be tested during the Ashes."

Bowling attacks: Marks out of 10 Australia England South Africa Pakistan India Sri Lanka
Allan Donald 6-7 6-7 6-7 5 4 4
Ian Chappell 6.8 6.95 (home) and 6.5 (away) 6.2 6.75 6.1 5.9
Sanjay Manjrekar 7-8 6 7 7 6 6

The success of the Pakistan seamers in England would have earned them more points among the experts had it not been for some poor catching and a "horrible" slip cordon. "You never know what you are going to get from Kamran Akmal, some days he has got bricks in his gloves. So that makes it very hard for the bowlers, when sometimes you have to get the guy out three times," Chappell said.

Donald rated Dale Steyn as the best fast bowler in the world, though Chappell had his doubts. "There was a classic example when Phil Hughes got his hundred in Durban. Steyn did not go after him, after Hughes at all until he got the hundred. I was starting to wonder when you had a handicap in Test cricket where they let you get a hundred before they get after you. So that's my query with Steyn. When he is good, he is very good; but he is a little bit moody."

The uncertainty with Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh's lack of form in the recent past meant India were among the bottom-placed teams while Sri Lanka had much to thank Lasith Malinga for. "These are the sides that will struggle bowling people out," Donald said

Australia and south africa has best bowling attack hell with that both teams even dont have good spinners south africa struggled since they have got in cricket to produce single good spinner

they are saying only australia and south africa have good attacks who suffered in asia pitches all the time they play only two good bowlers they have steyn and johnson yet they are best

Pakistan who is full of best bowler you name it pakistan have it all fast bowling medium pace off spin leg spin yet they are not best bowlers

pakistan have best bowling attack in the world in reality Saeeed Ajmal,Shahid Afridi,Umer Gul, Shoaib Akhtar,Mohammad Asif,Mohammad Aamer, these bowler prove themselves on every pitches in the world best bowling figures off all time in T 20 pakistan have not australia and south africa what the hell these stupid saying

sanjay manjrekar was saying that i dont give more points to pakistan becoz of their catching well man we are talking about bowling who craete opportunity who have ability to creat opportunity sometime cathces be taken some times not we are talking about bowling not fielding as indian we deserve from him this expectly

as indian we deserve from him this expectly

He is not biased! Wasim Akram is his all time favourite players to watch.

Do you know what he said about Sachin Tendulkar ?
1. "Tendulkar, an elephant in the dressing room that no one wanted to talk about"
2. "Tendulkar seems to let the team down".
3. "The Tendulkar of today gives me the impression that his main focus is not to fail! And he wants to give himself the best shot at that. By competing only when he feel he is in his prime, physically and mentally".

-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Sanjay Manjrekar was once the biggest star in Indian cricket. He was considered technically as good a batsman as anyone else in the world and he scored consistently. He was the new master batsman from Bombay.

The all of a sudden his batting started to come apart and with that his psyche.

Just then a new star emerged on the Indian horizon and so strongly did it start burning that the fading away of the budding giant in Sanjay Manjrekar went, welll not un-noticed but not as lamented as one would have imagined in a country like India. Sanjay just , kind of, 'lapsed' from the Indian fans' collective memory and faded away from the scene despite some desperate efforts to get back.

The impact on Sanjay's psyche was evident when he was trying to make a come back and later this emerged as a latent resentment against the batting stars on the Indian firmament. Anyone who has been following Sanjay's career as a broadcaster would have noticed how Sanjay's strange negativity when commenting on India's test matches. But it is with Tendulkar, the man who quietly replaced him from the pedestal he was so sure belonged to himself.

------

It was destiny man !!!!!!!

when asked question to alan donald that we will give you three best bowling attack pairs what you pick Moahmmad Aameer and Mohammad Asif, Steyn, Morkel and Johnsong and tait he says steyn and morkel man i cannot belive it morkel is best bowler i cannot believe and given 5 points to pakistan bowling attack man do your team has any good spinnner that you rate them first man pakistan have best fast bowler pace swing revese swing leg spin off spin yet they are not good enough

sir we are talking about best bowloing attack here not about crap manjrekar and donald who always think they are best in bowling not manjrekar that much but do south africa have any good spiner manjrekar should be told there is no mcgrat and warne in australia

Who said Pakistan has the best swing/pace/ or any type of bowler currently ? Mohd. Amer and Asif are good but not the best, what the experts said is dead on.

Australia and South Africa to me are the attacks that can perhaps make an impression in all sorts of conditions.

Absolutely correct, In Pakistan attack, Only Ameer is 'clever', he will be successful in sub continent dead pitches too, same can't be said about Asif and Gul.

To me South Africa currently has best pace bowling combination, They have tall guy who can discomfort batsmen on dead flat sub continent wickets, They can swing bowl, they can consistently bowl above 90mph+

England has 'balanced' bowling attack, Graeme Swann is awesome.

Bhai I just responded to this - "as indian we deserve from him this expectly ", he is actually Anti-India, I gave reason too, In early 90s buzz leading up to matches was more about Manjrekar, than it was Tendulkar, but guy just faded!

sir we are talking about best bowloing attack here not about crap manjrekar and donald who always think they are best in bowling not manjrekar that much but do south africa have any good spiner manjrekar should be told there is no mcgrat and warne in australia

well other than steyn who is good in south africa no spin they have pakistan have umer gul u might forgotten him he is as good as anyone and steyn remember his two best bowling figures against NZ and AUS and shoaib akhtar Asif you thareshed the stumps of your batsman in pakistan i think you forgotten him when you talk about best bowling you consider all bowling attack not just one bowler and for south africa you are only saying steyn who other is better than him morkel who got tharashed in every IPL sir you might be kidding me we should consider all bowling pakistan has spiner like ajmal who is as hard as swaan afridi best bowler in T 20 you forgot him razzaque is also good all package and quality pakitan has in its attack where aussies and south africa lacka spinner and pak has two good spinner in like afridi and ajmal noone can all out australia in 88 but pakistan did sir

well other than steyn who is good in south africa no spin they have

Paul Harris is a lot better than you give him credit for. SA has '5' man attack.

Pace - Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Dale Steyn
Swing - Charl Langeveldt, Wayne Parnell, Jacques Kallis
Spin - Johan Botha, Paul Harris

LOL see their bench strength, no match.

Last edited:
u guys r talking abt the stupidest commentator who shrills like lady when india is good in matches and cries like a baby or shuts up when other side is good aganist india, hey ram??

Mohammed Asif is a very consistant bowler and has excelled in all conditions. Our Indian friends here forgot that Indian middle order has been owned by Asif on more then 1 occasions in the sub-continent. The same goes for Sri-lanka. I remember that Shewag personally called Asif to make sure he will be playing for his team in IPL 1, shows the respect he had for the bowler.
Umer Gul is more like Mitchell Jhonson, they are both 1st change bowlers and can both be very good or very ordinary.
Australia's opening test bowlers are Siddle and Hilfenhouse/Bollinger. Compare them to South Africans or Pakistani's... i think they rank in the 3rd place.
South Africa 1st and a very close 2nd is Pakistan.
Sanjay Manjrekar has always shown a soft spot for Pakistani cricket. I dont feel he is biased.

It was a descent talk and the points they made are solid. Pakistan attack is good and ian chappel mentioned that. Ajmal has yet to prove in test. And what about the back up. Wahab was erratic in second innings. If he continues like this he will not be able to get anywhere in international cricket. Few guys in Pakistan A are better than him. I am sad that He was in team after taking just 15 wickets in the season and those who got more than 50 are sitting outside.
Now he will play for next 5 6 matches without contributing anything.

But thats how pakistan works.

@ Usama86 -

Asif must be a vampire - he dies when the sun comes out :rofl:

2006 tour was Jan-Feb, conditions favouring Asif. He owned Indian batsmen in 1st session. :agree:

Sanjay Manjrekar has always shown a soft spot for Pakistani cricket. I dont feel he is biased.

True. :agree:

i feel pakistan bowling setup at present is best if oly tey were supported by their fielding mates

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom