What's new

What it's like Driving in Sri Lanka

And a speed limit of 100. That shows what kind of road it is :rofl:

And a speed limit of 100. That shows what kind of road it is :rofl:

What does it show? The design limit is 120kmph, the legal limit is 100kmph. They also monitor your average speed, between entrance and exit. If you go more than 45kmph over the limit your vehicle will be impounded at the exit.

This is not india mate with no value on life, safety is our main concern.

What does it show? The design limit is 120kmph, the legal limit is 100kmph. They also monitor your average speed, between entrance and exit. If you go more than 45kmph over the limit your vehicle will be impounded at the exit.

This is not india mate, safety is our concern.

250 accidents in since the highways opened in NOV 2011. And you are preaching us about Accidents.

Speed limit tells a lot about the design of the expressway. Across the world expressways have a speed limit of 75 miles/120 Kms. And people generally drive above 85 on the US Interstate. So the design supports much higher speeds. Just because you throw away money (maintainence) doesn't make the highway system better. Infact it just shows the highways is not well made. You just have one highway. Its good one. But learn to be modest. People will only laugh at you if you keep saying the Srilankan highway is better than the US Interstate.

250 accidents in since the highways opened in NOV 2011. And you are preaching us about Accidents.

Speed limit tells a lot about the design of the expressway. Across the world expressways have a speed limit of 75 miles/120 Kms. And people generally drive above 85 on the US Interstate. So the design supports much higher speeds. Just because you throw away money (maintainence) doesn't make the highway system better. Infact it just shows the highways is not well made. You just have one highway. Its good one. But learn to be modest. People will only laugh at you if you keep saying the Srilankan highway is better than the US Interstate.

This has a design limit of 120kmph, which includes the safety factor. The actual engineered limit is around 135kmph. But the Legal limit is 100kmph.

The roads you have would have a design limit of 5kmph in SL standards. You don't bank your road surface, dont even control climbs and descents to within +/- 6degrees.

250 accidents since NOV 2011 is very small!! How much fatalities on mumbai pune expressway? 400? :rofl:

This has a design limit of 120kmph, which includes the safety factor. The actual engineered limit is around 135kmph. But the Legal limit is 100kmph.

The roads you have would have a design limit of 5kmph in SL standards. You don't bank your road surface, dont even control climbs and descents to within +/- 6degrees.

250 accidents since NOV 2011 is very small!! How much fatalities on mumbai pune expressway? 400? :rofl:

You are a moron. There is nothing more to discuss here.

abe chutiye sinhaha ..we been operating those road survey vehicles even before you clowns learned to make decent roads ..:lol:

000002.JPG

Alchemist-2.JPG

Alchemist-1.JPG

Jaipur%20Gate%20-1.jpg

IRSM Professional Network Survey Vehicle Hawkeye-2000
Application:
- Network and project level road and asset collection surveys
- Routine pavement monitoring surveys
-Roadside inventory and asset management
- Road geometry and mapping surveys
- Contractor quality control
- Road safety assessment
- Airport runway maintenance

Details:
The 2000 Series is a professional range of survey products designed to meet the most demanding of survey applications. The modular design of the system enables complete scalability for future growth and it can be installed in a wide variety of vehicles due to its limited requirement of computer hardware. Once your requirements are established, simply customize the Hawkeye 2000 to meet your needs.
Should your requirements grow in the future, simply upgrade your existing Hawkeye by plugging in new modules. Collecting accurate, time stamped data is assured in each Hawkeye system through the use of the Heartbeat. each data stream is time stampted using the Heartbeat module to ensure all processed data is accurately linked and unique to a specific location.
The Heartbeat module also allows for integration of current and future data acquisition modules, making upgrading of your system a simple exercise. All Hawkeye 2000 products include the Onlooker Live acquisition software and the Processing Toolkit for post-survey processing and are backed by ARRB Technology's experienced customer support team and over twenty years of development in equipment for road research.

Falling Weight Deflectometer
IMG_1860.JPG

hahahahahahaha see the symbol on the vehicle "arrb" <---- that's an Australian company, just google it. :rofl:

And your roads are nothing compared to ours :lol: tell me did you survey the big crack? Why do you even need a survey vehicle, I can tell you the road is worthless just with my eye on and a you tube video.

tough to accept Srilanka got better highways than India. they, afterall are a war torn nation. what is with them to show off? imported used jap c*aps, 1970 vintage routemaster buses from london..eh?

hahahahahahaha see the symbol on the vehicle "arrb" <---- that's an Australian company, just google it. :rofl:

if you meant the equipment then yes its Australian ,but then i didn't know mercedes benz were made in a srilanka ..:astagh:

tough to accept Srilanka got better highways than India. they, afterall are a war torn nation. what is with them to show off? imported used jap c*aps, 1970 vintage routemaster buses from london..eh?

Don't be fooled. This guy is a moron. This is their first highway which opened a year ago (NoV 2011). It is 4 lane highway comparable to Delhi-Jaipur highway. Nothing more. Even in that case Delhi - Japipur is over 200Kms while this one is less than 100kms. Doesn't come any where near Mumbai Pune or yamuna exp way. Even the Ahmedabad Baroda expressway is better than this.

Here is a bbc article
BBC News - Sri Lanka opens its first motorway

Regarding YE technical specs.

(15.7-5.1)/3 =3.5 :rofl: you call this 'international standard'

international standard is 3.75 meters. And the road is concrete nothing compare with us.

:lol: I haven't interacted with many Lankans, but they are not usually this dumb. Thanks to you, now that have changed.

15.7 is the pavement width, 5.1 is the earthen shoulder, donno what kinda dumb logic you used to get that 3.5 m lane width.

See the grey part? Thats called Concrete pavement

See the green part? Its grass/earthen shoulder.

Don't be fooled. This guy is a moron. This is their first highway which opened a year ago (NoV 2011). It is 4 lane highway comparable to Delhi-Jaipur highway. Nothing more. Even in that case Delhi - Japipur is over 200Kms while this one is less than 100kms. Doesn't come any where near Mumbai Pune or yamuna exp way. Even the Ahmedabad Baroda expressway is better than this.

Here is a bbc article
BBC News - Sri Lanka opens its first motorway

In what form is it comparable to dehli jaipur? just because you draw a line on map and put some concrete down doesn't make a road. india has no standards. If I was traveling india, i would rather fly or take the train than walk onto a death trap.

India doesn't even have single road comparable to SL roads. All SL roads are in very good condition due to higher income. India poorer so it cant have as good roads. its simple logic.

In what form is it comparable to dehli jaipur? just because you draw a line on map and put some concrete down doesn't make a road. india has no standards. If I was traveling india, i would rather fly or take the train than walk onto a death trap.

India doesn't even have single road comparable to SL roads. All SL roads are in very good condition due to higher income. India poorer so it cant have as good roads. its simple logic.

If you ever decide to come out of your 2by2 island let me know and I will show you around. Till then revel in your own delusions.

@Sinhala, ane ban modayek wage kagahanne nathuva hitapan. Ube moda athal nisa mulu lankavama chater wenava. Uba gana lajjai ban!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sinhala, ane ban modayek wage kagahanne nathuva hitapan. Ube moda athal nisa mulu lankavama chater wenava. Uba gana lajjai ban!

ane mai yanna yako.

mai ganda indians la hithernava india keyanne lanka wage keyerla. maybe 500 years wolling lanka wage. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom