What's new

What it's like Driving in Sri Lanka

r u blind or what ???
go watch post no.10 on this thread itself.

n try keep the thread limited to SL driveways only else we all know how one such comment can destroys the whole thread...

BTW once again congrts to SL:cheers:

idiot these r all whether roads, go get ur glasses checked...:)

These are somethings I did not see on the YE, dont fool yourself, if you visit any highways forum you will know indian roads are a laughing stock. 'world class' rofl.

- Roadside service areas
- Reflector lane separators
- 3 time alert exit/entry signs
- Exit sign system which tells you which km/mile you are exiting
- can you miss an exit and get back on the highway quickly
- Expanded lanes near exit/entry
- Sound dampeners - are there walls (in the US you can see plenty of them) that are built to dampen sounds for neighborhoods?
- Dedicated approach lanes for exit
- traffic alert warning systems (electronic boards that warn delays, temporary speed limits etc.)
- wrong way alerts (people end up driving on the wrong side of the road)
- bridges on the way also have similar or higher lanes or does it get squeezed out there? (larger bridges mean more expenditure, which I doubt would be built)

@Sinhala dude, dont wanna bilittle your country's achivement but you are comparing one road with 100's of roads here in India.. There are many highways which can match the quality of the road you have shown here.. So don't start a dick measuring contest..

Last edited by a moderator:
These are somethings I did not see on the YE, dont fool yourself, if you visit any highways forum you will know indian roads are a laughing stock. 'world class' rofl.

- Roadside service areas
- Reflector lane separators
- 3 time alert exit/entry signs
- Exit sign system which tells you which km/mile you are exiting
- can you miss an exit and get back on the highway quickly
- Expanded lanes near exit/entry
- Sound dampeners - are there walls (in the US you can see plenty of them) that are built to dampen sounds for neighborhoods?
- Dedicated approach lanes for exit
- traffic alert warning systems (electronic boards that warn delays, temporary speed limits etc.)
- wrong way alerts (people end up driving on the wrong side of the road)
- bridges on the way also have similar or higher lanes or does it get squeezed out there? (larger bridges mean more expenditure, which I doubt would be built)

i have only 5 words for people like u :
BLIND HATE HAS NO END.

@Sinhala dude, dont wanna bilittle your country's achivement but you are comparing one road with 100's of roads here in India.. There are many highways which can match the quality of the road you have shown here.. So don't start a dick measuring contest..

Name one.

I was referring the YE only.

Delhi Gurgaon Expressway

j8nzo5.jpg
[/IMG]

Andra Pradesh

2hxaj2w.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahmedabad

4t6d7c.jpg
[/IMG]

Mumbai-Pune

25swvgy.jpg
[/IMG]

North Eastern

35btagm.jpg
[/IMG]

These are just samples.. As I said, I dont want any dick measuring contest with you.. My last post here :wave:

I had been to SL 3-4 years back. It is similar to TN...including the roads.... just a tad better due to low traffic. Also SL has very strict driving regulations, I remember our driver getting pulled over for driving 2kmph above regulations. Traveled a lot, the roads are a tad cleaner and neater(but the rules are followed strictly :tup: ), but please don't delude yourself my dear Lankan friends by thinking India doesn't have comparable roads. :)

Delhi Gurgaon Expressway

j8nzo5.jpg
[/IMG]

Andra Pradesh

2hxaj2w.jpg
[/IMG]

Ahmedabad

4t6d7c.jpg
[/IMG]

Mumbai-Pune

25swvgy.jpg
[/IMG]

North Eastern

35btagm.jpg
[/IMG]

These are just samples.. As I said, I dont want any dick measuring contest with you.. My last post here :wave:

None of these roads comes anyway near 'world class'

Look at the last road, steep climbs, steep decent. No regard to bank angles. on top of the problems I listed above. you have got to be fooling yourself to think India has 'world class' roads.

Read and weep buddy.

Yamuna Expressway | Greater Noida - Agra | 165 Kms | 6 Lanes | Completed - Page 57 - SkyscraperCity

Indian Expressways Thread - News, Pics & Discussion - Page 82 - SkyscraperCity

Yamuna Expressway | Greater Noida - Agra | 165 Kms | 6 Lanes | Completed - Page 55 - SkyscraperCity

Tell me why this expressway has cracks all over the surface?

Are you still arguing with me that india has 'world class' roads.

just found this also lol

r u blind or what ???
go watch post no.10 on this thread itself.

n try keep the thread limited to SL driveways only else we all know how one such comment can destroys the whole thread...

BTW once again congrts to SL:cheers:

idiot these r all whether roads, go get ur glasses checked...:)

So you want to see our driveways?

Here's some colombo street from Bangladeshi friend.

Why? You want to clean them? I didn't know economic situation in Pakistan is so bad that you want to come to India to clean toilets and earn your daily bread. :(

gal kr gal....Bongiyaan nai marniyan meri jaan...:blah:

Why? You want to clean them? I didn't know economic situation in Pakistan is so bad that you want to come to India to clean toilets and earn your daily bread. :(

How can he clean the Ganga river?

Instead of being laughed at for bragging about chinese made roads , SL'ans should think on how to buy first hand cars :P

Its funny to see second hand cars (95% of all cars in SL) running on their 1 and only good road where they have to pay a toll fee of 2000 Rs :P

Back
Top Bottom