What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

kseeker

Reaction score
Country
India
Gentlemen/Ladies,

I am fascinated about languages, I couldn't find any thread pertaining to thread title so starting this thread.

There are many languages I haven't even heard of, I am sure PDF has visitors from all over globe and would be interested to know more about the languages the members speak.

Here are the questions...

What is your mother tongue ?

What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

~~~~~~~~~~~

To begin with...

My mother tongue is :Konkani

I can read: Kannada, Hindi and English

I can write in : Kannada, Hindi and English

I can speak in : Konkani, Kannada, Hindi and English

Wiki's:

Konkani language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kannada language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindi language - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please include info (Wiki article may be) about the languages if it's not listed on this thread already :)

Last edited:
my mother tongue..punjabi....:)
i can read/write/speak...punjabi english hindi,......almost all indian folks present on pdf will b familiar with atleast 3 languages...
hindi, english+mother tongue

I heard that @Secur 's Mother Tongue is actually Punjabi ! :unsure:

Whilst @Talon 's Mother Tongue is Swahili ! :undecided:

And @levina 's Mother Tongue is Arabic - Shes a 4th Generation Indo-Arab ! :whistle:

Apnaaa @Ayush 's Mother Tongue is English - Gora Sahib keh baad yahiii ayaa haiii idhar Subcontinent peiii hakoomat karneii ! :mad:

Inni zurrat???:angry:
ZW5e4txqbPVbiNxY8YNTQXYaqYmVezGfCaKGIROpmb59IdNld3eILWLmV0Fkc6JBCOauhDXJ9Bqrm_fwa9yHGxQJy1TvU6PR=s0-d-e1-ft
Once

ZW5e4txqbPVbiNxY8YNTQXYaqYmVezGfCaKGIROpmb59IdNld3eILWLmV0Fkc6JBCOauhDXJ9Bqrm_fwa9yHGxQJy1TvU6PR=s0-d-e1-ft
Twice

Thrice

Last edited:
An excerpt from Wiki

A significant number of Konkani speakers are found in Kenya, Uganda, Pakistan, the Persian Gulf, and Portugal. During Portuguese rule many Goans had migrated to these countries. Many families still continue to speak different dialects that their ancestors spoke, which are now highly influenced by the native languages.

@Armstrong,

Any idea on that ?

Back
Top Bottom