What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

Errr,,, The iranian ladies I interacted at FB are much modern and liberal. I concur Iranian youth have a strong desire of having a Shah type of era with more check and balances instead of this mulla theocracy.

Iran will have a better economy & much tourism if secular & not anti west, but it depends on you're choice whether that is more important. You won't become USA's allie though like in the 70's, they want to keep the Gulfies afraid so they keep buying weapons.

With the Islamic republic you can have influence on Shi'a around the world, but this religious sect war trash is burning the region

Just wait until Mojtaba gets the chance to become Supreme Leader
Iran's heading into some fun stuff!
Why is it must to have supreme leader? and when you have a supreme leader position... than is it not wrong to call Iran as 'islami jamhooria iran' ?

Where i stand, people who control the world deliver the public what it needs... you need some cool guy Mojtaba,,, you will get it, and you may become good friends with US / UK, but i guess this would not change your state policy of interfering in every Muslim state.

why ban the hijab?

Mate, people lived for centuries with Sharia law and under monarchy. Our transtion to democracy and secularism didn't come from the people but Atatürk bring it in one night.

You know... at that time many mullahs revolted....it was a necessary evil, i think.

Iran and Secularism are too different things. I foresee Secularism in Iran only if such a model was already successful in her neighbouring countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan or Central Asian countries.

Iran and Secularism are too different things. I foresee Secularism in Iran only if such a model was already successful in her neighbouring countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan or Central Asian countries.
What about Turkey?

To be honest, the only reason why Iran is an Islamic republic today is because of the Arab Invasion of the Sassanian Empire after Byzantine-Persian wars of 622, not holy divine wisdom or god's 'Scientific Miracles'. It's pure politics and ideology, simple.

Mate, people lived for centuries with Sharia law and under monarchy. Our transtion to democracy and secularism didn't come from the people but Atatürk bring it in one night.

You know... at that time many mullahs revolted....it was a necessary evil, i think.
Whats wrong with wearing a hijab in a secular country? If people have the right to wear less clothes than shouldn't someone have the right to wear more? Isn't this freedom?

Back
Top Bottom