What's new

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

• Total voters
Thanks. You also have them for ground forces? Like AGTM?

Not yet, but we are working on a manpad version of UMTAS
30866916408783042532719.jpg

Man Portable Fire and Forget Medium Range Anti-Tank Weapon Project

@500 | I would rate UAEAF higher than EAF purely based on technology and armament. UAE has the best of F-16 and Mirage-2000-9s and a crap load of world's most advanced weaponry. Egypt has crap loads of F-16s but have outdated BVR missiles on them.
EAF has big quantity, experience and super massive air defence force, which is basically an army within army.

@500

Airforce is understandable, as Israel's Air Force is her biggest and most lethal weapon and has been the protector of Jewish nation for decades, but why did you rank Israel's land forces as superior to that of Turkish land forces?
Turkish tanks are mostly outdated while Israeli Merkava Mk4M are most advanced in the world, other army equipment of Israel is also much more modern (Spike NLOS which can take out tanks and other targets at 25 km, UAVs for each brigade, Apache Longbow and so on), Israel has much more experience.

EAF has big quantity, experience and super massive air defence force, which is basically an army within army.

You are giving extra credit to EAF where it doesn't belong.

In the region and close by where F-4, F-7, Mirage III/V, Mig-21 [All four non updated and poorly maintained] are no Match for israelAF and TuAF that is against whom we are going to put EAF to test in quality/BVR and other weaponry if not quantity.

Left is some 20 Mirage 2000, and 220 F-16s [minus undelivered 20 Block 52], A sizable Fleet but still out matched by IAF and TuAF...

Europeans consider Turkey to be a Middle-Eastern country like everyone else in the world.

No, not really. But it depends who is ask, I guess...

Anyway, voted Israel because I don;t consider Turkey as ME

Turkey followed closely by Israel.

Would be interesting to know which countries would take position 3,4 and 5 out of Egypt, Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Has Israel something similar to SOM missile?

Iran is very powerful unconventionally but weak conventional.
Turkey is strong conventionally but weak unconventionally.
Israel is strong both conventionally and unconventionally (nicely balanced) but not strong enough in both to be greatly superior to Iran and Turkey.

@500 what do you think? Does my view make sense?
What makes you think Turkey is weak unconventionally? That was in the past. See what happened to Assad.

We are planning to produce total of 1000 at the end and large (unprecedented) t-129 attack helicopter fleet.

Turks come first, followed by the Israelis, then the Egyptians and Saudis (who would come first if they weren't incredibly inexperienced) and then the UAE and Iran.

The Israelis are uniquely aware of the EAF's capabilities even if when handicapped.

In the region and close by where F-4, F-7, Mirage III/V, Mig-21 [All four non updated and poorly maintained]

Wrong, F-4 Phantom has been retired. Mig-21 was last upgraded in the Ukraine in the late naughties: Egypt, Yemen fund MiG-21 upgrades - 10/3/2008 - Flight Global

At least two Mirage III/IV squadrons were upgraded in France to Horus standards i.e Rose: http://www.sagem.com/IMG/pdf/D1374-2.pdf

Nothing is known of the cooperation between the Egyptians and the Chinese but it perceived the F-7 did undergo upgrades recently as they appeared with a new paint job and new bubble canopies.

Your claim that they are poorly maintained is simply an assumption that isn't based on any actual facts.

no Match for israelAF and TuAF that is against whom we are going to put EAF to test in quality/BVR and other weaponry if not quantity.

You're exaggerating the difference in quality. The TuAF and IAF are however superior to the EAF, there is a reason however why the Egyptian Armed Forces invests heavily in air defence systems.

Left is some 20 Mirage 2000, and 220 F-16s [minus undelivered 20 Block 52], A sizable Fleet but still out matched by IAF and TuAF...

With new Russian platforms soon to be inducted would you say the same, especially the ones with an AESA radar?

Last edited:

In the region and close by where F-4, F-7, Mirage III/V, Mig-21 [All four non updated and poorly maintained] are no Match for israelAF and TuAF that is against whom we are going to put EAF to test in quality/BVR and other weaponry if not quantity.

I rated EAF on 4th place. After IAF, TuAF and RSAF.

Has Israel something similar to SOM missile?
Delilah (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Popeye (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spice (bomb) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Who can defeat Isreal and make nukes, who is the great military power in Middle East.

0_20100109054042295ZdpL.jpg

Last edited:
Out of those listed, Israel, apart from it's military prowess in other areas, is the only one that is a nuclear power. I don't see how that can't make her the logical 1st.

Out of those listed, Israel, apart from it's military prowess in other areas, is the only one that is a nuclear power. I don't see how that can't make her the logical 1st.
Only shows how much people know about warfare.

In case of war, the first move won't be to use nuclear warheads on the enemy.

When war erupts Turkey will already have maneuvered their troops that Israel can't use nuclear weapons against them.

In case of nuclear attack, it will mean Turkey won't exist. But we will make sure Israel won't exist too.

So Nuclear weapons shouldn't be counted in conventional war. Nuclear button is suicide button.

Back
Top Bottom