What's new

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

• Total voters
[
@DESERT FIGHTER Well, yes, Turkey can overhaul their own F-16's provided they receive upgrade kits/parts from USA, etc. However, they don't produce main components of their aircraft like engines. That also goes for Turkish Tanks which are mostly American and German.

TAI produces F-16s under license... Turks are developing Altay mbt...which although uses foriegn tech is "awesome" .... but still even Abrams using a foreign gun? and so on... mutual cooperation..

@King Of Persians Does Iran produce its own Tank engines?? How good are Iranian Tank compared to Turkish and other regional countries Tanks??

What about Iranian Fighter/attack Jets?? Are they superior to Turkish and Arabian jets??

Iran has old ageing tomcats,mig-29s?? (how many?) and reverse engineered F-5 clones... tanks? zulfiqar based on t-72 n M60... i

@NACIONALISTA

Iranian airforce is weak and outdated, in that regard we are way behind.

Turkish tanks are better , because they imported the german leopard 2 and are also currently working on a modified south korean K-2 tank under the name "altay".

Iran is developing her own tank called Zulfiqar tank: Current model is zulfiqar 3 but is constantly being improved until it become mass produced:

File_5159_92870.jpg

All parts you see will be made in Iran. Iran cannot import anything. The Americans won't let that happen.

I think, that only second to israel, Iran has the lead in unconventional warfare/weapons with its short, medium, and long range missiles.

Iranians are a very intelligent people. They understand that they do not have the large funds and material to build up powerful air force and army to compete with regional rivals like Turkey, israel, and Arabians so they built up a massive missile arsenal and air defense system to thwart any misadventure from their enemies.

Ballistic missiles are very difficult to intercept. @King Of Persians

@NACIONALISTA

Iranian airforce is weak and outdated, in that regard we are way behind.

Turkish tanks are better , because they imported the german leopard 2 and are also currently working on a modified south korean K-2 tank under the name "altay".

Iran is developing her own tank called Zulfiqar tank: Current model is zulfiqar 3 but is constantly being improved until it become mass produced:

File_5159_92870.jpg

All parts you see will be made in Iran. Iran cannot import anything. The Americans won't let that happen.
Nice Tank. looks a lot like the Abrams which is a very good design. Do you know the exact specifications of the Tank?? If so do share it with us.

Why do people keep opening troll fested pissing contest threads like these :)

Oh and p.s

İ would rather have a proper semi-indigenous weapon, than a sh!tty full indigenous weapon.

I think, that only second to israel, Iran has the lead in unconventional warfare/weapons with its short, medium, and long range missiles.

Iranians are a very intelligent people. They understand that they do not have the large funds and material to build up powerful air force and army to compete with regional rivals like Turkey, israel, and Arabians so they built up a massive missile arsenal and air defense system to thwart any misadventure from their enemies.

Nice Tank. looks a lot like the Abrams which is a very good design. Do you know the exact specifications of the Tank?? If so do share it with us.

Actually Iran is number 1 in the region when it comes to unconventional warfare.
The Israelis has nukes and ICBM but they would not have the range of different types of missiles as Iran. Remember it's not just that Iran has missiles. It's we have missile with pin point accuracy. We have missile which can hit moving ships (search khalije fars missile), anti radiation quasi ballistic missile (Hormoz-1) and so much more ;)

Israel is stronger due to their nukes and are stronger when it comes to conventional military.

TAI produces F-16s under license... Turks are developing Altay mbt...which although uses foriegn tech is "awesome" .... but still even Abrams using a foreign gun? and so on... mutual cooperation..

I read the Turks still import the major components of the aircraft from America like the Engine and other parts in kits. They don't produce them in Turkey because they don't possess the manufacturing plants and the experience in metallurgy to treat metal for aircraft standards.

Regarding altay Tank. I don't know much about it so i can't comment on that.

Iran has old ageing tomcats,mig-29s?? (how many?) and reverse engineered F-5 clones... tanks? zulfiqar based on t-72 n M60... i

Yes, their aircraft are mostly from 1970's and 80's. Its due to sanctions. But from what i read in recent news the Sanctions will be uplifted after a few months. Does that mean Iran would be able to purchase/build more advanced aircraft and weapons?? @King Of Persians

@NACIONALISTA

The arms sanctions will not be lifted any time soon and even so, Iranians have made it very clear that they want to pursuit the path of self sufficiency. It's much harder to be self reliant but much more worth it in the end.

Actually Iran is number 1 in the region when it comes to unconventional warfare.
The Israelis has nukes and ICBM but they would not have the range of different types of missiles as Iran. Remember it's not just that Iran has missiles. It's we have missile with pin point accuracy. We have missile which can hit moving ships (search khalije fars missile), anti radiation quasi ballistic missile (Hormoz-1) and so much more ;)

Israel is stronger due to their nukes and are stronger when it comes to conventional military.
I would have to say, that if israel did not have nukes, it would be in 2nd place in my opinion.

Turkey and Iran are equally matched since Iran's non-conventional arsenal of ballistic missiles closes the conventional gap between them and the Turks.

2nd place reserved for the israelis (excluding the nukes) because although they have superb conventional force they are outnumbered by their potential enemies and thus have to resort to their nukes are a form of insurance to ward of any potential overwhelming enemy force.

3rd would be Arabians, but they heavily depend on foreign military assistance in terms of training and piloting/maintaining their aircraft.

Nice Tank. looks a lot like the Abrams which is a very good design.
Do you know the exact specifications of the Tank?? If so do share it with us.

More like korean K2..

Turkey's national MBT Altay Introduction | Page 5

Yes, Iranian ballistic missile arsenal sounds to be very impressive.

Is it too much to ask if you could post some vids and pics of Iranian missiles with info about details?? I would appreciate some eye candy :yahoo:

I would have to say, that if israel did not have nukes, it would be in 2nd place in my opinion.

Turkey and Iran are equally matched since Iran's non-conventional arsenal of ballistic missiles closes the conventional gap between them and the Turks.

2nd place reserved for the israelis (excluding the nukes) because although they have superb conventional force they are outnumbered by their potential enemies and thus have to resort to their nukes are a form of insurance to ward of any potential overwhelming enemy force.

3rd would be Arabians, but they heavily depend on foreign military assistance in terms of training and piloting/maintaining their aircraft.

As I said in the beginning, I think these rating are not worth anything because at the end of the day, no country in the region has the capability to invade another regional power. Only superpowers have that power. But even the superpower don't do so well when it comes to fighting an unconventional army. If you're interested in defending your country only, then go with unconventional.

That's why no country has yet dared to strike Iran ;)

Yes, Iranian ballistic missile arsenal sounds to be very impressive.

Is it too much to ask if you could post some vids and pics of Iranian missiles with info about details?? I would appreciate some eye candy :yahoo:

Brother, please go to the Iranian section and get your fill. There are many threads about our missiles.

@500 | I would rate UAEAF higher than EAF purely based on technology and armament. UAE has the best of F-16 and Mirage-2000-9s and a crap load of world's most advanced weaponry. Egypt has crap loads of F-16s but have outdated BVR missiles on them.

@500

Airforce is understandable, as Israel's Air Force is her biggest and most lethal weapon and has been the protector of Jewish nation for decades, but why did you rank Israel's land forces as superior to that of Turkish land forces?

Why do people keep opening troll fested pissing contest threads like these :)

Oh and p.s

İ would rather have a proper semi-indigenous weapon, than a sh!tty full indigenous weapon.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom