What's new

What is the future of India?

India has a bright future if it stick to a policy of more reforms and liberal market..creating wealth and expertise ..

Not really, though..The health care sector can do with the expat doctors and nurses..but even that has panned out a bit with most preferring to work at home.

The only solution here is to reverse brain drain by making working at home more fruitful. It will happen in due course when the economy grows.

No bro , in health sector, getting into USA is difficult
Like u have leave India right after MBBS otherwise
MBBS 5 .5 years + MD 3 years + USA internship & residency 5 years.
That's like 14 years on the go..

Add some more years in between for PG preparation ( 1pg +1usmle)
Add some more years for compulsory rural service ( 2 years )

Now it takes almost 18 years to practise as doc in USA .

Last edited:
No bro , in health sector, getting into USA is difficult
Like u have leave India right after MBBS otherwise
MBBS 5 .5 years + MD 3 years + USA internship & residency 5 years.
That's like 14 years on the go..

Add some more years in between for PG preparation ( 1pg +1usmle)
Add some more years for compulsory rural service ( 2 years )

Now it takes almost 18 years to practise as doc in USA .:cry:

USA isn't the only country that medical staff goes to..thousands of Indian medical staff were evacuated from Yemen, Iraq..even Somalia and Libya for example.

USA isn't the only country that medical staff goes to..thousands of Indian medical staff were evacuated from Yemen, Iraq..even Somalia and Libya for example.

To go GCC, one need 3 years Experience.

It ll be 30 years , before one go, he / she will be married, my be with kids

people go because no entry exams, good pay, no tax, holidays with pay.

To go GCC, one need 3 years Experience.

people go because no entry exams, good pay, no tax, holidays with pay.

The point is...There is a shortage of hospital beds in India. There is a shortage of medical staff...but medical tourism has helped in panning out the difference to some extent.

The point is...There is a shortage of hospital beds in India. There is a shortage of medical staff...but medical tourism has helped in panning out the difference to some extent.

Yes , one could easily survive here and earn a decent pay.
But not much brain drain is because of difficulty in leaving .

From what I realised based on my observation is that those Indian doctors who came back to India have established themselves in their domain across the country. But still the treatment costs keep middle income and lower income person at a far distance. Villagers can barely afford the treatment meted out by these doctors. The only thing India is benefitting from them is influx of medical tourists from advanced countries. We cannot expect these well-established doctors to go into deep rural locations and treat people there. So we have to depend largely on the doctors educated here in India. But there is huge gap in skill set of domestically trained doctor and foreign trained doctor. So it's like denying the poor the best of the Third World. So there must be more and more reforms in our healthcare system. Like you said our primary health care centres still lack basic necessities like beds and staff.

@911 don't get emotional about India. Take the path of @topgun047 and find a good opportunity in US or Canada.

Seriously dude !!! if its a sarcasm then no comment, if not then:

Is this ur Fcuking suggestion If yes then you r no more worse than ISI to india. Dont put an indian flag on ur profile, rather put another american dat gonna suits u better. BTW what ur president gave you in return , 5000 bucks a month , some clean road to drive, wait!!!!! yahh but he certified you as "service to my white master".

Ahh!!! Are u more smarter than ur Chinese or Taiwanese counterpart ? N o bro never, u survived bcoz you know "English". Still trying to fit in yourself in the so called "American Society", but nobody is giving a damm siht bcoz u r neither white nor black, u r "Brown". Ohh all this secondary social status is compensating by 5000 bucks.

After letting the leftist to loot india morally and ethically and putting some random american out of his job, we the stupid "NRIs" now trying to do a "HINDU COLONIZATION" inside the AMERICA. But sorry frns gun loving white guys , drugs loving black and ever increasing mullas ( hahaah dont need to say anything) will never gonna help you to do that in coming 100 yrs.

Its really frustrating to fathom , that why we migrants sometimes thinks ourself more prouder American than an original american. May be money speaks the volume or it is as usual " American Superiority Complex"

Sorry for any of the harsh words but ur comments r really frustrating and shortsighted.

Seriously dude !!! if its a sarcasm then no comment, if not then:

Is this ur Fcuking suggestion If yes then you r no more worse than ISI to india. Dont put an indian flag on ur profile, rather put another american dat gonna suits u better. BTW what ur president gave you in return , 5000 bucks a month , some clean road to drive, wait!!!!! yahh but he certified you as "service to my white master".

Ahh!!! Are u more smarter than ur Chinese or Taiwanese counterpart ? N o bro never, u survived bcoz you know "English". Still trying to fit in yourself in the so called "American Society", but nobody is giving a damm siht bcoz u r neither white nor black, u r "Brown". Ohh all this secondary social status is compensating by 5000 bucks.

After letting the leftist to loot india morally and ethically and putting some random american out of his job, we the stupid "NRIs" now trying to do a "HINDU COLONIZATION" inside the AMERICA. But sorry frns gun loving white guys , drugs loving black and ever increasing mullas ( hahaah dont need to say anything) will never gonna help you to do that in coming 100 yrs.

Its really frustrating to fathom , that why we migrants sometimes thinks ourself more prouder American than an original american. May be money speaks the volume or it is as usual " American Superiority Complex"

Sorry for any of the harsh words but ur comments r really frustrating and shortsighted.

I don't know how he quoted, but if member of family is starting to earn,
First and foremost will be pay
India - 25 to 50 k month
USA 300-400 k

Next will be all clean society , rules following people, justice for everyone , facilities , adequate holidays , less work.
Rating system to know who is the best ...

In India one have to trial and err to know where we are..
Not to mention various ways to get fooled ..
We are In the process of development ..

So basically going USA is easy way out.
That being said, i really want India to improve that means we need talented good citizens

I don't know how he quoted, but if member of family is starting to earn,
First and foremost will be pay
India - 25 to 50 k month
USA 300-400 k

Next will be all clean society , rules following people, justice for everyone , facilities , adequate holidays , less work.
Rating system to know who is the best ...

In India one have to trial and err to know where we are..
Not to mention various ways to get fooled ..
We are In the process of development ..

So basically going USA is easy way out.
That being said, i really want India to improve that means we need talented good citizens

That's a illusion that every one has before experiencing their American Dream, but truth is much more creepier than that.
over here you can be put behind bars for a wrong parking also, police brutality is on extreme hight, It could be a proud moment for the 1st or 2nd time, but from the third time you start feeling the pain of so called "AMERICAN JUSTICE". Again if u r a foreign national then GOD BLESS YOU SON.

Look man its utter bullshit to compare US and INDIA, becoz they are two democracies. Only people with little learning and information can do things like this. There are a plethora of differences between the two county and people over there. A country cant move ahead by only comparing itself with the richest and strongest one in the block. Its obvious that generations of American and their govs are hardworking , innovative and out of box that why they r now a 17 tr economy and have the largest military in the world . It doesn't stops other country to progress, look at CHINA .

It will be a thesis if i start writing abt goodies and crap abt US, INDIA, and the condition of indians over here. But i know what the actual truth is.

That's a illusion that every one has before experiencing their American Dream, but truth is much more creepier than that.
over here you can be put behind bars for a wrong parking also, police brutality is on extreme hight, It could be a proud moment for the 1st or 2nd time, but from the third time you start feeling the pain of so called "AMERICAN JUSTICE". Again if u r a foreign national then GOD BLESS YOU SON.

Look man its utter bullshit to compare US and INDIA, becoz they are two democracies. Only people with little learning and information can do things like this. There are a plethora of differences between the two county and people over there. A country cant move ahead by only comparing itself with the richest and strongest one in the block. Its obvious that generations of American and their govs are hardworking , innovative and out of box that why they r now a 17 tr economy and have the largest military in the world . It doesn't stops other country to progress, look at CHINA .

It will be a thesis if i start writing abt goodies and crap abt US, INDIA, and the condition of indians over here. But i know what the actual truth is.

Yeah I can understand the plight if something goes wrong there..
I have only commented on what everyone undergoes here, but not the bad side some people undergo..

Like you said, since you know both sides
You are in better position to make judgement.

From what I realised based on my observation is that those Indian doctors who came back to India have established themselves in their domain across the country. But still the treatment costs keep middle income and lower income person at a far distance. Villagers can barely afford the treatment meted out by these doctors. The only thing India is benefitting from them is influx of medical tourists from advanced countries. We cannot expect these well-established doctors to go into deep rural locations and treat people there. So we have to depend largely on the doctors educated here in India. But there is huge gap in skill set of domestically trained doctor and foreign trained doctor. So it's like denying the poor the best of the Third World. So there must be more and more reforms in our healthcare system. Like you said our primary health care centres still lack basic necessities like beds and staff.

1. Most patients come from middle east, central Asia, Afghanistan, saarc nations.

2. When I said hospital beds..In medical parlance it means how many patients a hospital can treat at one time. .For example. That's a 120 bed hospital. As a ratio, in India, there is a hospital bed for every 10,000 Indians and it's skewed towards the urban population.

3. Foreign trained doctors aren't exactly better then Indian doctors, and one cannot study abroad and practice in India without passing the medical exam and getting the certification from the Indian medical association which is a difficult process.

You are right when you say that the disparity between availability and costs between urban and rural is huge.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom