What's new

What is the future of India?

Bro..college kids are opening companies nowadays..I consult a bunch of such entrepreneurs.

What is your exact problem..Let me know. .Maybe I can help you out.

Most of the people in India just ape. There is no independent thinking and creativity.

Just look at the below at @2:14

@911

We are 1.2 billion people. 5% of our population own passports..that's 95% who do not intend to go anywhere.

It shows that there are 5% Indians who are intelligent enough.

What kind of independent thinking and creativity.

India has a pressure cooker environment. It has lot of competition which can identify intelligent people but does not provide environment to groom critical thinking which leads to innovations.

India has a pressure cooker environment. It has lot of competition which can identify intelligent people but does not provide environment to groom critical thinking which leads to innovations.
Sir you are lucky one to go US before 2000s. You havn't seen competition. And how is the environment fot critical thinking created :o:.

It shows that there are 5% Indians who are intelligent enough.
No sir here in India passport is used for travel not for entrance exams :D

Kriyaa hi vastoopahutaa praseedati.

Knowledge imparted only to a fit recipient will yield the desired result.

There is no hope, unless India replaces Democracy with Meritocracy form of government.

My advise to all intelligent Indians would be to emigrate to US and Canada as soon as you can while the doors are still open. You will not regret your decision.

The meritocracy system only works in those societies that believe equality. I don't see too much discussion about the impact of Hinduism on India's national psychic. If the casteism has been enshrined in Hinduism for thousands of years, how the reservation that is designed to level the playground for SBC is going to work in a long run without reforming Hinduism?

The meritocracy system only works in those societies that believe equality. I don't see too much discussion about the impact of Hinduism on India's national psychic. If the casteism has been enshrined in Hinduism for thousands of years, how the reservation that is designed to level the playground for SBC is going to work in a long run without reforming Hinduism?

Current day Casteism is neither based on Hinduism nor is limited to Hinduism.

It's created for political purposes. Nothing to do with the welfare of the people at large.

You do not understand what your talking about.

its a misnomer that best and brightest go to USA. some of them are quite good and some of them pretty average. Besides its a very small fraction of people that graduate from Indian unis.
The earth belongs to average hard working people, India can sustain development by work of average people. brilliant people can be hired from anywhere in the world, you need only a few of them. Dont worry too much about India, our worst days are over.

Thanks. I just want to know if bright minds leaving for abroad has any long term effects on future of India or not.

India is a country with huge population suffering from both unemployment and underemployment.

Talking about brain drain is just silly.

I would say as many people as possible should emigrate and find opportunities outside the country.

This has nothing to do with being patriotic or not.

This is the only practical approach to solve the issues at hand. Anyone who advising otherwise is just being untruthful.

People emigrating is just a drop in the ocean. This emigration really does not make a difference to India at all.

On the other hand think about the opportunities that people of Indian origin create for India by emigrating starting with the money they send back to India.

its a misnomer that best and brightest go to USA. some of them are quite good and some of them pretty average. Besides its a very small fraction of people that graduate from Indian unis.
The earth belongs to average hard working people, India can sustain development by work of average people. brilliant people can be hired from anywhere in the world, you need only a few of them. Dont worry too much about India, our worst days are over.

Very well said. I would even say majority of people who emigrate are actually below average or average.

Sir you are lucky one to go US before 2000s. You havn't seen competition. And how is the environment fot critical thinking created :o:.

No sir here in India passport is used for travel not for entrance exams :D

You are correct. Those were the lucky ones.

I will be returning to India next year. Initially I was planning to go back to Hyderabad but people tell me that things have changed drastically for the settlers like me in Hyderabad.

Hence started looking at buying an apartment in Bengaluru instead but they are very pricey. Now I am looking at tier two cities so that I could afford. Let's see how it goes.

What stops Indians from going back exactly?

Most of the people are forced to return due to expiration of the visas. Lucky ones would get a GC & citizenship which would take more than a decade at the least. After spending a decade in US, they are afraid to come back and live in India.

How is the life in US?

Can you be more specific on this question.

Any thoughts on this? Tell me i am paranoid or that i am missing something. Sorry that if you find it difficult to read without paragraphs and broken english.
Thanks. I got my answers. I was being too conservative maybe. Its too early to say anything. Experts are doing thier work i guess common citizen like me don't need to worry. No one knows future so furthur conclusions and dicussion on this topic would be bogus.
Can you be more specific on this question.
Is there politics at jobs in USA too since you mentioned only lucky ones get GC after living for years? I'm little bit aware of that infrastructure is way better and people are more dependent on themselves. But on micro level what things you dislike and like about US than India?

Improving society, culture and getting rid of superstitions and taboos is very important. But it doesn't mean removing Hinduism and becoming athiest :-). We have to get rid of reservations, caste and religion politics and look every citizen equal. And it applies to citizen of every religion. A party which wins elections is always opposes by the other on every move and the loser is common citizen. We need a different governing system for few years untill things are sorted out then we can switch back :D. I wish things were this simple :pleasantry:. Nothing better than seeing your own country progress than taking shelter outside :ph34r:.

Btw what you want to convey through those videos, you don't like American culture while living there? Is it really bad to talk about s3x? Although i know those videos are a bit over the top, to generate views. Maybe America didn't suit you? :azn:

There's is still no competition, don't look at the sheer number of students coming to US from India. Most of them are typically from Andhra trying to get a US degree to raise the dowry amount, or just to find a meager job in a sub standard consultancy in US, and just pray their petition for H1B gets approved.

If you want to pursue a career in research, or get some top quality industrial and education exposure, there's still no competition.

@911

You are unnecessarily being paranoid,

Most of India's brightest visionaries were all Western educated like Vikram Sarabhai, Homi J. Bhabha, Ratan Tata, Ambanis etc

Besides our NRI population has immensely contributed to outsourcing industry and trade ties with other nations.

I remember Singaporean premier Lee, advising India Congress Govt to make full use of Indian diaspora in South East Asia to improve ties.

There is a reason Modi is addresses the diaspora community specifically.

Thanks. I got my answers. I was being too conservative maybe. Its too early to say anything. Experts are doing thier work i guess common citizen like me don't need to worry. No one knows future so furthur conclusions and dicussion on this topic would be bogus.

Is there politics at jobs in USA too since you mentioned only lucky ones get GC after living for years? I'm little bit aware of that infrastructure is way better and people are more dependent on themselves. But on micro level what things you dislike and like about US than India?

Improving society, culture and getting rid of superstitions and taboos is very important. But it doesn't mean removing Hinduism and becoming athiest :-). We have to get rid of reservations, caste and religion politics and look every citizen equal. And it applies to citizen of every religion. A party which wins elections is always opposes by the other on every move and the loser is common citizen. We need a different governing system for few years untill things are sorted out then we can switch back :D. I wish things were this simple :pleasantry:. Nothing better than seeing your own country progress than taking shelter outside :ph34r:.

Btw what you want to convey through those videos, you don't like American culture while living there? Is it really bad to talk about s3x? Although i know those videos are a bit over the top, to generate views. Maybe America didn't suit you? :azn:

Of course there are politics at work.

The reason I posted those videos is to prevent people from stereo typing and generalizing.

Desi mentality is to choose all the things that are useless from the developed countries while totally being indifferent to the key qualities that made those countries developed

What are qualities that Indians have adopted from the west

-- Alcoholism/Pub culture
- Smoking
- Vice
- Divorce
etc. etc. Nothing useful to the society at large

What are the good qualities they could have adopted

- Dignity of Labor : Whether it's the CEO or a Janitor they are all called by their name and do their job as expected for their role with no credit or contempt

-Quality of Work : People take accountability very seriously and deliver the goods as expected

- Work Ethics : People are punctual to work and work. Not sit, chat or browse internet

- Law enforcement : Anytime you have a problem, you feel safe to call the police. Couple of times when I pulled over on the highway to check the directions, I had police stop by to help me out. In India, people would completely try to avoid police due to their dubious record

- Armed Forces : Armed forces command a great respect from the people for their services and you can see it at schools, work, airports, amusement parks etc.

Many Indians do not know that most of the communities in America are very conservative. People attend church punctually every Sunday. Will Indian Hindus adopt such behavior and pray at least once a week if going to the temple is deemed a hassle?

For Indians in India, west symbolizes a glib talker in English wearing Ray ban glasses, torn up jeans, watching pop songs in a Pub talking about **** or ****. These people will neither succeed in India nor in US.

That is way I prescribe that every Indian should visit the west at least once in their career to experience it and not misinterpret / misrepresent the west in India.

When you ape at least ape it correctly.

Last edited:
Of course there are politics at work.

The reason I posted those videos is to prevent people from stereo typing and generalizing.

Desi mentality is to choose all the things that are useless from the developed countries while totally being indifferent to the key qualities that made those countries developed

What are qualities that Indians have adopted from the west

-- Alcoholism/Pub culture
- Smoking
- Vice
- Divorce
etc. etc. Nothing useful to the society at large

What are the good qualities they could have adopted

- Dignity of Labor : Whether it's the CEO or a Janitor they are all called by their name and do their job as expected for their role with no credit or contempt

-Quality of Work : People take accountability very seriously and deliver the goods as expected

- Work Ethics : People are punctual to work and work. Not sit, chat or browse internet

- Law enforcement : Anytime you have a problem, you feel safe to call the police. Couple of times when I pulled over on the highway to check the directions, I had police stop by to help me out. In India, people would completely try to avoid police due to their dubious record

- Armed Forces : Armed forces command a great respect from the people for their services and you can see it at schools, work, airports, amusement parks etc.

Many Indians do not know that most of the communities in America is a very conservative. People attend church punctually every Sunday. Will Indian Hindus adopt such behavior and pray at least once a week if going to the temple is deemed a hassle?

For Indians in India, west symbolizes a glib talker in English wearing Ray ban glasses, torn up jeans, watching pop songs in a Pub talking about **** or ****. These people will neither succeed in India nor in US.

That is way I prescribe that every Indian should visit the west at least once in their career to experience it and not misinterpret / misrepresent the west in India.

When you ape at least ape it correctly.
True to the core.

Actualy more than investment first we need these qualities. In our societies we need this kind of exposure.

True to the core.

Actualy more than investment first we need these qualities. In our societies we need this kind of exposure.

I always tell people in India who ask me about US that "West is about being wise not vice"

There's is still no competition, don't look at the sheer number of students coming to US from India. Most of them are typically from Andhra trying to get a US degree to raise the dowry amount, or just to find a meager job in a sub standard consultancy in US, and just pray their petition for H1B gets approved.

If you want to pursue a career in research, or get some top quality industrial and education exposure, there's still no competition.

You have become a "Sir"??o_O:D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom