What's new

What is the future of India?

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Every year around 100,000 Indians leave for US alone to study. These are those brightest of studends who receive scholarships to study abroad. Western countries, to sustained economic growth need immigrants as thier population growth is less. This seem western countries' long term plan. And what could be better than taking immigrants who succeed in schools, colleges with confidence levels high and have higher IQ than average population. Out of these brightest students, most are cherry picked and adviced to stay in abroad for furthur studies or offered a job. While rest mediocre of those bunch brightests are deported back after thier studies. Although most of them are actually picked. India does not excel in intelligence in average terms. Since India has huge population, there are indeed brightest of minds, which is goldmine for developed countries who eventualy end up leaving the country. Developed countries target those students. Around 50,000 immigrants are naturalized every year in US alone. These same people reffer thier immediate relatives/spouses to leave for US. Many of them never consider returning back. Most children of the immigrants, who are born, grown up and studied in US, learn US history instead of Indian history, so them having any connection with India is very rare. Same end up growing as an India basher. The reason most Indians don't return is because its true that western countries are indeed better to live in. Few of them end up like self hating India bashing Bobby Jindal or Regha Jha because of the steriotypes created by western media as a slumdog country. No matter how much we progress, the news which echo the most are the bad ones. The more India is in bad light, the less people want them to relate themselves with India eventualy making up mind of never moving back. Indians themselves, especially 2nd+ generation end up becoming India basher more than naives to prove thier loyality or liberalism or thier worth, covertly supported by US, most of the time seen in posts of Indian origin people posted on western news websites. Although most people make excuses for not returning to India such as lack of research centers, environment and other things, the reasons are thier self interests. But did these people ever thought that if same brightest of minds won't help India change then how the average minded leftovers can? Who builds research centers anyways? This is a never ending cycle. Will people ever stop thinking about thier immediate future and start thinking about the future generations of India which are yet to be born? Its just one time effort and our future generations will never have to leave India ever. We can make India on par with developed countries only if this brain drain stops. Average intelligence of the country is slowly decreasing, it will eventualy reach the critical point of no return. We will have leftovers who will never be able to compete on international level. It may happen in 50 years or 150 years, but remember we are independent since almost 69 years. Its such a small time.
I don't doubt this man's intentions, but he alone can't change things. We people have to change ourselves. We have to over come the trends they set which seems 'cool' and end up selling thier brands here which cost them pennies to manufature, be it phones of drinks. We have to come out of religious drama. It don't help at all. This is not the same Modi of 2000s, he is a changed person, if no one noticed his attitude yet towards Muslims generally and Pakistan particularly. We have to demolish reservation system too. Don't care about western media propaganda they will create after that. Once done it will become history. Every Indian should be equal, and only intelligence should prevail. We don't have much time but i have hopes.

Any thoughts on this? Tell me i am paranoid or that i am missing something. Sorry that if you find it difficult to read without paragraphs and broken english.

Every year around 100,000 Indians leave for US alone to study. These are those brightest of studends who receive scholarships to study abroad. Western countries, to sustained economic growth need immigrants as thier population growth is less. This seem western countries' long term plan. And what could be better than taking immigrants who succeed in schools, colleges with confidence levels high and have higher IQ than average population. Out of these brightest students, most are cherry picked and adviced to stay in abroad for furthur studies or offered a job. While rest mediocre of those bunch brightests are deported back after thier studies. Although most of them are actually picked. India does not excel in intelligence in average terms. Since India has huge population, there are indeed brightest of minds, which is goldmine for developed countries who eventualy end up leaving the country. Developed countries target those students. Around 50,000 immigrants are naturalized every year in US alone. These same people reffer thier immediate relatives/spouses to leave for US. Many of them never consider returning back. Most children of the immigrants, who are born, grown up and studied in US, learn US history instead of Indian history, so them having any connection with India is very rare. Same end up growing as an India basher. The reason most Indians don't return is because its true that western countries are indeed better to live in. Few of them end up like self hating India bashing Bobby Jindal or Regha Jha because of the steriotypes created by western media as a slumdog country. No matter how much we progress, the news which echo the most are the bad ones. The more India is in bad light, the less people want them to relate themselves with India eventualy making up mind of never moving back. Indians themselves, especially 2nd+ generation end up becoming India basher more than naives to prove thier loyality or liberalism or thier worth, covertly supported by US, most of the time seen in posts of Indian origin people posted on western news websites. Although most people make excuses for not returning to India such as lack of research centers, environment and other things, the reasons are thier self interests. But did these people ever thought that if same brightest of minds won't help India change then how the average minded leftovers can? Who builds research centers anyways? This is a never ending cycle. Will people ever stop thinking about thier immediate future and start thinking about the future generations of India which are yet to be born? Its just one time effort and our future generations will never have to leave India ever. We can make India on par with developed countries only if this brain drain stops. Average intelligence of the country is slowly decreasing, it will eventualy reach the critical point of no return. We will have leftovers who will never be able to compete on international level. It may happen in 50 years or 150 years, but remember we are independent since almost 69 years. Its such a small time.
I don't doubt this man's intentions, but he alone can't change things. We people have to change ourselves. We have to over come the trends they set which seems 'cool' and end up selling thier brands here which cost them pennies to manufature, be it phones of drinks. We have to come out of religious drama. It don't help at all. This is not the same Modi of 2000s, he is a changed person, if no one noticed his attitude yet towards Muslims generally and Pakistan particularly. We have to demolish reservation system too. Don't care about western media propaganda they will create after that. Once done it will become history. Every Indian should be equal, and only intelligence should prevail. We don't have much time but i have hopes.

Any thoughts on this? Tell me i am paranoid or that i am missing something. Sorry that if you find it difficult to read without paragraphs and broken english.

1) Don't blame IIT, NIT, IIM for leaving the country. What does India offer for their careers? There was hardly any private sector. Public sector is full of incompetency due to reservation and labor union policies

2) It's better to learn American History which is taught as-is rather than staying in India and learning communist version of the Indian History which projects invaders as saviors and Hinduism as a cruel religion/culture.

1) Don't blame IIT, NIT, IIM for leaving the country. What does India offer for their careers? There was hardly any private sector. Public sector is full of incompetency due to reservation and labor union policies

2) It's better to learn American History which is taught as-is rather than staying in India and learning communist version of the Indian History which projects invaders as saviors and Hinduism as a cruel religion/culture.
Yes we know this is the problem. But what is the probable solution? Who is eventually going to change India? Its never the politicians, its always the people. I guess we just don't have much intelligent people in the country to start with or the ratio is way too low.

Anyways your solution?

Yes we know this is the problem. But what is the probable solution? Who is eventually going to change India? Its never the politicians, its always the people. I guess we just don't have much intelligent people in the country to start with or the ratio is way too low.

Anyways your solution?

I am not going to hold my breath.

These are the Indians in US

These are Indians in India

Solution is to promote a meritocratic system along the lines of US.Infact US is so meritocratic that they give jobs to immigrants over their own citizens.
Sadly India is doing the exact opposite giving reservations to children of IAS officers among others and now groundwork is being laid for reservation in private sector too.
I think it is fitting punishment to Indian society for thier shameless demand to give reservation to undeserving that every year thousands of intelligent motivated people like Sundar Pichai leave India to make US even richer.I too am leaving for the same reason along with other bright ppl in my batch.
You guys will remain satisfied with third world lifestyle as long as you dont have to work hard.

Solution is to promote a meritocratic system along the lines of US.Infact US is so meritocratic that they give jobs to immigrants over their own citizens.
Sadly India is doing the exact opposite giving reservations to children of IAS officers among others and now groundwork is being laid for reservation in private sector too.
I think it is fitting punishment to Indian society for thier shameless demand to give reservation to undeserving that every year thousands of intelligent motivated people like Sundar Pichai leave India to make US even richer.I too am leaving for the same reason along with other bright ppl in my batch.
You guys will remain satisfied with third world lifestyle as long as you dont have to work hard.

@911 don't get emotional about India. Take the path of @topgun047 and find a good opportunity in US or Canada.
Maybe you are right.

Can it be that we are already well beyond critical point of no return? Hence we can't stop it?

Maybe you are right.

Can it be that we are already well beyond critical point of no return? Hence we can't stop it?

We are 1.2 billion people. 5% of our population own passports..that's 95% who do not intend to go anywhere.

We are 1.2 billion people. 5% of our population own passports..that's 95% who do not intend to go anywhere.
I'm don't have passport either :undecided:. I'm here in India till my last breath and i refuse to give up :D. Its easy to become a part of something, but creating something own your own is always challenging.

India is an old country, with old infrastructure, have huge population, less resources with social problems. This is a very difficult mess to deal with. Most importantly we need change in peoples thinking and have to give up certain cultural taboos.

Maybe you are right.

Kriyaa hi vastoopahutaa praseedati.

Knowledge imparted only to a fit recipient will yield the desired result.

There is no hope, unless India replaces Democracy with Meritocracy form of government.

My advise to all intelligent Indians would be to emigrate to US and Canada as soon as you can while the doors are still open. You will not regret your decision.

My advise to all intelligent Indians would be to emigrate to US and Canada as soon as you can while the doors are still open. You will not regret your decision.
How is the life in US? What stops Indians from going back exactly?

I'm don't have passport either :undecided:. I'm here in India till my last breath and i refuse to give up :D. Its easy to become a part of something, but creating something own your own is always challenging.

India is an old country, with old infrastructure, have huge population, less resources with social problems. This is a very difficult mess to deal with. Most importantly we need change in peoples thinking and have to give up certain cultural taboos.

Bro..college kids are opening companies nowadays..I consult a bunch of such entrepreneurs.

What is your exact problem..Let me know. .Maybe I can help you out.

Kriyaa hi vastoopahutaa praseedati.

Knowledge imparted only to a fit recipient will yield the desired result.

There is no hope, unless India replaces Democracy with Meritocracy form of government.

We dont need your advice. .Even I have bright friends that opted railway engineering sector even if they got opportunities to work in west .Those who migrated for greener pastures are not eligible to advise us .

On topic:
Those who want to leave this nation can do that .We dont care .
We founded and developed some world class establishments in this nation just after the independence .At that time India's situation was very pathetic .Almost all IITians at that time left these nation for their own purpose .
But we established our ISRO,BARC and Nuke research .Now ISRO is the pride of these nation .
Trust me .most of that engineers that created this mighty establishment is from tier 2 &tier 3 engineering colleges including former chairmans like Madhavan Nair.Radhakrishnan etc .

So those who want can leave this nation .But brave and brightest minds will always here to protect these nations S&T

Bro..college kids are opening companies nowadays..I consult a bunch of such entrepreneurs.

What is your exact problem..Let me know. .Maybe I can help you out.
Thanks. I just want to know if bright minds leaving for abroad has any long term effects on future of India or not.

Thanks. I just want to know if Indians going abroad has any effects on future of India or not.

Not really, though..The health care sector can do with the expat doctors and nurses..but even that has panned out a bit with most preferring to work at home.

The only solution here is to reverse brain drain by making working at home more fruitful. It will happen in due course when the economy grows.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom