What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Delhi Monorail is a proposed monorail system for the city of New Delhi.

There are three lines proposed in phase I are as follows:[1]

* From Rohini Sector 21 to Red Fort via Wazir Pur - Shakti Nagar - Anand Parbat - Ajmeri Gate - Delhi Gate. Length of this line would be 28.5 km
* From Kalyanpuri to Pul Mithai via Scope Toweer - Geeta Colony - Shanti Van - Red Fort - Old Delhi Railway Station. Length of this line would be 15.5 km
* From Gulabi Bagh to Delhi University via Shakti Nagar - Kamla Nagar - Guru Teg Bahadur Road. Length of this line would be 3.8 km

Total length of Phase I would be 47.8 km.

Other lines which are being proposed in addition to Phase I are:[2]

* From Badarpur to Mehrauli.
* From Qutab Minar to Dwarka via Vasant Kunj - IGI airport.
* From Saket to IG Stadium via Siri Fort - South Extension - JLN Stadium - New Delhi Railway Station.

Feasibility study has been completed for Phase I corridors. Work likely to start after Commonwealth Games.[1]

Delhi Monorail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Delhi Chief Secretary has seen review about monorail project: Sheila Dikshit

New Delhi, Jan 22(ANI): Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday said that a presentation of the much awaited monorail project has been sent to Delhi Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta, and decision would soon be taken.

Dikshit said this while inaugurating a foot over bridge in the national capital.

"Chief Secretary has seen a review about the monorail. I do not know the details of the review. We will get to know about it on Monday (January 24) or Tuesday (January 25)," Dikshit said.

According to reports, the Delhi monorail project would have three lines as proposed by the government, and the speed of the trains is anticipated to be faster than the currently running Delhi metro rail.

On the sidelines of the foot over bridge's inauguration ceremony, Dikshit wished a safe and prosperous Republic Day to be celebrated nationwide on January 26.

"I give my best wishes to the people. I pray that our country prospers more. The Republic Day is one of the major festivals for Indians," the Delhi Chief Minister said. (ANI)

this is not a news thread

common wealth games in delhi

69101_10150101280795200_200700820199_7471235_6661428_n.jpg

67273_10150101280890200_200700820199_7471239_5804883_n.jpg

68967_10150101280865200_200700820199_7471238_7513142_n.jpg

610x.jpg

Do you know that the National Stadium Abuja, Nigeria is greater than anything Delhi has ever hosted? They host Manchester United & other big European clubs almost every other year, yet they have the dignity of not comparing themselves to Paris or London, unlike people of Delhi. Indians need to get a grip on themselves, they're completely losing their minds.

A few pictures of Islamabad's Jinnah Stadium which has hosted numerous international events as well:

1407870.jpg

1407885.jpg

1276233401_59153036_1-Pictures-of--Best-Gym-in-Islamabad-1276233401.jpg

You know what the funny thing is? Indians admit the reason why Islamabad is cleaner, more beautiful, has better infrastructure, is more upper class and overall better quality of life than delhi is because it is a new city. But they seem to forget this when they compare Delhi's high rises, old historical architectural buildings that were build hundreds of years ago; when Islamabad doesn't have them because is only 63 years old. Yet, Islamabad has pretty much everything Delhi has to offer in its first 63 years (except the subway system), which puts Delhi to shame. Comparing Lahore to Delhi would be a more apt comparison, although Lahore is ten times cleaner than Delhi, and has more cultural & historical diversity as compared to Delhi. And unlike Delhi, Lahore was actually referred as the Paris of the East.

You know what the funny thing is? Indians admit the reason why Islamabad is cleaner, more beautiful, has better infrastructure, is more upper class and overall better quality of life than delhi is because it is a new city. But they seem to forget this when they compare Delhi's high rises, old historical architectural buildings that were build hundreds of years ago; when Islamabad doesn't have them because is only 63 years old. Yet, Islamabad has pretty much everything Delhi has to offer in its first 63 years (except the subway system), which puts Delhi to shame. Comparing Lahore to Delhi would be a more apt comparison, although Lahore is ten times cleaner than Delhi, and has more cultural & historical diversity as compared to Delhi. And unlike Delhi, Lahore was actually referred as the Paris of the East.

Except for delhi's GDP is close to entire Pakistan GDP let alone Islamabad.

You also have 7 times the population of Pakistan my friend. Maharashtra itself has over 100 million people, comparable to Pakistan's 170 million. Yet, you feel so insecure about Pakistan in every way that you have to join every Pakistani forum, comment on every Pakistani youtube video, comment on anything Pakistani. The sad reality of sorry Indians. Maybe you should provide toilets for over 700 million of your people before you start talking about Pakistan and its GDP.

You also have 7 times the population of Pakistan my friend. Maharashtra itself has over 100 million people, comparable to Pakistan's 170 million.
Who asked you about population of maharashtra(which is a state)?He was saying that the
City
of delhi with a population of 13 million have a gdp equal to(or slightly higher than) entire pakistan with population of 190 million..by the way the gdp of mumbai city alone(not maharashtra)is $209billion which is way higher than total pakistani gdp...

Who asked you about population of maharashtra(which is a state)?He was saying that the
City
of delhi with a population of 13 million have a gdp equal to(or slightly higher than) entire pakistan with population of 190 million..by the way the gdp of mumbai city alone(not maharashtra)is $209billion which is way higher than total pakistani gdp...

You are familiar with the concept of GDP per capita, right? It's the total GDP divided by the GDP of the entire population. New Delhi total GDP (PPP) is $167 billion, Bombay's total GDP (PPP) is $209 billion; Pakistan's total GDP (PPP) is about $451.972 billion, & $2713 per capita.

Pakistan has had a higher GDP than India for almost 50 of the past 63 years, and it is pretty much equal today. As I said, provide toilets for over 700 million Indians first, & then talk about Pakistan & its GDP with your f***hy mouth.

You are familiar with the concept of GDP per capita, right? It's the total GDP divided by the GDP of the entire population. New Delhi total GDP (PPP) is $167 billion, Bombay's total GDP (PPP) is $209 billion; Pakistan's total GDP (PPP) is about $451.972 billion, & $2713 per capita.

Pakistan has had a higher GDP than India for almost 50 of the past 63 years, and it is pretty much equal today. As I said, provide toilets for over 700 million Indians first, & then talk about Pakistan & its GDP with your f***hy mouth.

India/Pakistan - A factual comparison - Politics & Economics - ArabianBusiness.com

Yeah Karachi's GDP is almost all Pakistan's GDP AFAIK, so don't compare that, and obviously situation in Pakistan is very unstable these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom