What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamabad is clean, well organised, functional and growing at a fast rate, all of the things delhi is not.

Airport Metro''s new guest -- Pak Interior Secretary

(With pix) New Delhi, Mar 31 (PTI) Delhi Metro's showcase Airport Express had an unusual passenger today. The traveller was none other than Pakistan Interior Secretary Chaudhary Qamar Zaman, who was in New Delhi early this week for talks with his Indian counterpart Gopal K Pillai. Zaman and four other members of his delegation wanted to have an experience of the high-speed rail link to reach the new swanky Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport here, from where they took a flight to return home, sources said. The country's first Airport Express Corridor takes passengers from Connaught Place in the heart of the city to the IGI in just 18 minutes at a maximum speed of 105 km per hour. Zaman, who concluded his talks with Pillai on Tuesday, left for home today and sources said the Pakistani team was keen on using the network to quickly reach the Airport. Arriving at the Shivaji Stadium station, Zaman and his entourage quitely walked into the station where they were received by officials who took them to the platform. Sources said the Interior Secretary and others were keen to know about the functioning of the Airport Metro and were "quite happy" to take the ride. The visitors took the train at around 2 PM and reached the IGI Airport in 16 minutes. During the journey, Zaman was seen enjoying the scenic beauty of Delhi from his window seat, the sources said. Islamabad does not have a Metro facility. After their arrival at the Terminal-3 station, they straight away went to the Airport to catch their flight. Minister of State for Defence Pallam Raju is a frequent traveller on teh Airport line. The Airport Corridor, the first high-speed link in the country connecting the city with its airport, was built jointly by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and Reliance Infra-led Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited

Airport Metro''s new guest -- Pak Interior Secretary, IBN Live News

Epic fail when you use a blog to tell if a city is safe or not.

And I have experienced Delhi - frankly it is like a toilet, no offence. There is no comparison with Islamabad.

You can say anything you want about Islamabad because I am sure no Indian would have gone there. Because no one wants to go to a boring , sterile, military establishment with one mosque , a parliament building and nothing else. Comparing Islamabad with a world city like Delhi is a shame for us.

Islamabad is clean, well organised, functional and growing at a fast rate, all of the things delhi is not.

Islamabad is just like Delhi but without a character and culture.

You can say anything you want about Islamabad because I am sure no Indian would have gone there. Because no one wants to go to a boring , sterile, military establishment with one mosque , a parliament building and nothing else. Comparing Islamabad with a world city like Delhi is a shame for us.

in short u want to say. u want to compare india's capital with our punjab's capital lahore ;)

Islamabad is just like Delhi but without a character and culture.

yeah islamabad is culture less city u r living here na thats y u know soo many things about islamabad :D ///

lets compare ur delhi with cultural capital of pakistan lahore :D

yeah islamabad is culture less city u r living here na thats y u know soo many things about islamabad :D ///

lets compare ur delhi with cultural capital of pakistan lahore :D

Don't bother with him aks, no point in comparing Lahore, aka the 'Paris of the East', with one of the filthiest cities of the world (Delhi). He's clearly blinded by his Hindutva goggles.

Don't bother with him aks, no point in comparing Lahore, aka the 'Paris of the East', with one of the filthiest cities of the world (Delhi). He's blinded by his Hindutva goggles.

I am not the one posting videos of myself ranting in labored urdu, trying to teach the Indians how to speak their own language :lol:. I know you have to try harder than others to prove your patriotism. But try to do it without looking like an @ss.

Paris of the East.. :rofl:

This is a comparison of Lahore with Delhi, written by a white American who visited both cities:

There is an old joke in Lahore. A hajji arrives in Mecca and is asked how he feels to be in the heart of Islam. “This is a dream come true for me,” he says, “and Mecca is more beautiful and inspiring than I ever could have imagined. But,” he adds, “Lahore is Lahore.”

It is impossible not to love Lahore. Impossible.

Were it in India, Lahore would be the cleanest, best cared for, most romantic city in the country. It would also rank among the most culturally rich. And the food is simply stunning.

Lahore is often compared with Delhi, as both cities feel as though they have one foot in this century, and one in centuries gone by. In truth, the comparison flatters Delhi. The old walled cities are quite similar in feel; but architecture from other periods, including an extremely rich collection of interesting buildings from the colonial period, are far better preserved and incorporated into the active life of Lahore than Delhi.

Lahore Lahore Hai « memestream

Jeez! This thread still going? What's the point in arguing. It's not like either side is going to let up so might as well leave it at that.

For me, Bangalore wins. :D

I am not the one posting videos of myself ranting in labored urdu, trying to teach the Indians how to speak their own language :lol:. I know you have to try harder than others to prove your patriotism. But try to do it without looking like an @ss.

wheres that video...whoever made it has my respect

but thats a different subject altogether.

always has been, always will be....

9980d1280069526-masjid-around-world-badshahi-mosque-lahore-pakistan-night-.jpg

lahore36281e.jpg

like Swat will always be the Switzerland of the East

Jeez! This thread still going? What's the point in arguing. It's not like either side is going to let up so might as well leave it at that.

For me, Bangalore wins. :D

I'm sure Bangalore would be better than Delhi. Anything would be better than one of the filthiest cities in the world.

Let me correct you, Lahore was indeed famously known as the Paris of the East before 1947.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom