What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delhi is truly horrible IMHO - I have spent a bit of time there, and to say it's ghastly is a huge understatement. No one in their right mind - would describe it as the best capital city, except maybe for patriotism. Nuff said. :)

if i had a glock to my head and had to choose indian city i guess i'd go for jaipur...mumbai's elitist areas look like they can be a good time; however for same reasons i'd prefer to remain aloof from there

as for Islamabad ---in terms of cleanliness, organization, law enforcement and beauty -- it wins. All the developers need to do is create more entertainment and fun for the people living there. Sometimes it gets so sleepy and boring there. Maybe things are changing, am not 100% sure. Of course Isloo is expanding a lot as the population has been growing.

Being an avid traveller and seeing many capital cities i have to say Islamabad is a unique, an extremely green city which is a nice change, beautifully well planned city and a cool climate whether it's the best in South Asia i couldn't say as i haven't been to other capital cities.

If i can fit some time in my schedule i would love to travel to Sri Lanka and B'desh.

Agree with AbuZ, Isloo needs some entertainment and fun not just for the people who live there but also for tourists who visit.

Being an avid traveller and seeing many capital cities i have to say Islamabad is a unique, an extremely green city which is a nice change, beautifully well planned city and a cool climate whether it's the best in South Asia i couldn't say as i haven't been to other capital cities.

If i can fit some time in my schedule i would love to travel to Sri Lanka and B'desh.

Agree with AbuZ, Isloo needs some entertainment and fun not just for the people who live there but also for tourists who visit.

tourists who visit our countries do not want fun and entertainment they already get that a lot in their home cities...
what they want is ancient monuments,historical sites etc etc which no newly built city can offer.

Delhi is truly horrible IMHO - I have spent a bit of time there, and to say it's ghastly is a huge understatement. No one in their right mind - would describe it as the best capital city, except maybe for patriotism. Nuff said. :)

beauty is not all that makes it best capital.... what makes delhi a best south asian capital are:
1) history ( about 2000 yrs old)
2) culture (represents all India within a boundary of a city level area)
3) modernity (metro train- one of its kind in whole south asia, IGI treminus 3)
4) economy
5) entertaining tourists (delhi receives most number of tourists than any of her counterparts in south asia)
6) education (Delhi University is one of the top most universities of the world)
etc

Which Capital City is best in terms of Shopping options(general),hang outs etc? that'll be interesting.. :D

tourists who visit our countries do not want fun and entertainment they already get that a lot in their home cities...
what they want is ancient monuments,historical sites etc etc which no newly built city can offer.

Vast amounts of tourist flock to Dubai so please don't tell me they go there to see their culture/historical monuments. Lahore/Quetta/Peshawar/Karachi and Northern cities in Pakistan offer the historical aspect to the country so there is plenty to visit should a tourist want that aspect for his visit as for Isloo it's a newly built city compared to Pakistans other major cities so it lacks in that regard but it should make up for it in enjoyment and look at places like Barcelona/Beirut as an example. Isloo is a serene city and it needs some attractions to liven it up!

''shopping'' is a vague term...

for what?

clothes? guns? food? iphones?

Also don't forget that Taxila is within reach from Islamabad, which is a very ancient place, and is frequented by many tourists. Also Islamabad, has all the modernity and culture, because of the many migrant workers who live there.

beauty is not all that makes it best capital.... what makes delhi a best south asian capital are:
1) history ( about 2000 yrs old)
2) culture (represents all India within a boundary of a city level area)
3) modernity (metro train- one of its kind in whole south asia, IGI treminus 3)
4) economy
5) entertaining tourists (delhi receives most number of tourists than any of her counterparts in south asia)
6) education (Delhi University is one of the top most universities of the world)
etc

if i am not wrong ur delhi is not more older than taxila :D

Which Capital City is best in terms of Shopping options(general),hang outs etc? that'll be interesting.. :D

Ofc Delhi .
But the best shopping and hangouts is purely Mumbai .
First Mumbai was very much ahead of Delhi , but Delhi has done terrific development in these areas
Coastal area of Mumbai adds + point too

if i am not wrong ur delhi is not more older than taxila :D

Islamabad has nothing to do with Taxila. It is just a destination near the new city of Islamabad. Islamabad city doesn't have a history.

Islamabad has nothing to do with Taxila. It is just a destination near the new city of Islamabad. Islamabad city doesn't have a history.

in previous posts u guys were saying old delhi is a different and new delhi is different why double standards in comparison :D 30 km is nothing taxila is near to Islamabad so the people who lived in taxila in ancient times must also have lived in islamabad :p

here is some thing interesting for u guys :D

Islamabad Capital Territory, located on the Pothohar Plateau, is regarded to be one of the earliest sites of human settlement in Asia.[11] Some of the earliest Stone Age artifacts in the world have been found on the plateau, dating from 500,000 to 100,000 years ago. The crude stones recovered from the terraces of the Soan River testify to the endeavours of early man in the inter-glacial period.[12] Items of pottery and utensils dating back to prehistory have been found.[13]
Excavations have revealed evidence of a prehistoric culture. Relics and human skulls have been found dating back to 5000 BC that show this region was home to Neolithic people who settled on the banks of the Swaan River.[11] The Neolithic people developed small communities in the region at around 3000 BC.[12][14] A Buddhist town once existed in the region.[15]
Situated at one end of the Indus Valley Civilization, the area was the first habitation of the Aryan community in Central Asia.[11] Their civilization flourished here between the 23rd and 18th centuries BC. Many great armies such as those of Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Timur and Ahmad Shah Durrani used the corridor through Islamabad on their way to invade the Indian Subcontinent.[11] Modern Islamabad is based on the old settlement known as Saidpur. The British took control of the region from the Sikhs in 1849 and built Asia's largest cantonment in the region.[15
:cheesy:

now islamabad is ahead in historical point of view :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom