What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A SPOT OF PARADISE NEAR OUR HOME... VOTED AS THE SECOND BEST BEACH IN ASIA... THE HAVELOCK ISLAND BEACH NO.7 @ ANDAMAN ISLANDS.. SIMPLY STUNNING...

33a5gdj.jpg

And yeah, the new low floor buses are awesome. also the wifi connectivity of delhi metro is great too.. food of delhi esp. chat uff.. and new terminal 3 of igi, it has no competition.

When I tried to show off the Metro to my friend:

A friend of mine along with her mother, from Dubai, was visiting Delhi. I decided to show off the Delhi Metro to them (It had been a while since I myself had traveled in it). To get to Chandni Chowk to buy some dresses, we entered the Metro Station at Rajiv Chowk.

She was highly impressed how such a big station was built so deep underground! Inside the Metro Station it was buzzing with all the Delhiites, and non-Delhiites. Just when she thought it was an engineering marvel that it was built so deep, I told her about another level further downstairs from where we will get our train. We took the escalators, and went down. She was highly impressed how skillfully the Metro was manged and the people were so disciplined to stand in a queue... But then, her mother pointed out to the security guards that were busy 'forcing' people to stand in queue. Otherwise, it was the same India.

In about a minute, the train arrived, and Oh My God! Even I was shocked at the rush! We could barely move by ourselves. I lost her hand, and don't know how we ended up inside the train within a few seconds, along with the rest of the crowd. I saw she looked pale and worried, and I told her, don't worry we are in the right train. Her impatient eyes kept wandering around, and she asked me, "Where's my mom???"! Now this was the real shocker. I am of average height, and couldn't see past a few feet. Almost panicked, she started shouting "Mummy, mummy!! Are you here??". Almost the same moment, from another corner of the coach, we heard a gentleman yell back at us, "Yeah, someone's mother is right here". I looked, and confirmed, he was talking about the same mom that we were looking for.

Now, barely able to breath, she requested me if I could help get her momma out. And I told her not to worry, she will be out whether she wants to... or not. Chandni Chowk is barely two stations away from Rajiv Chowk, that is 4 minutes. But that sure gave us ride of a lifetime. However, upon reaching home, just to help her understand, I showed her youtube videos of Japanese trains, and she was relieved she was not in Japan. So in the end, Delhi won. ;-)

METRO_CROWD_IN_DELHI_14828f.jpg

Ranjit Singh Flyover -

406474123b4624a65c6oxd7.jpg

AIIMS flyover

img2636bu3.jpg

Looking south at Aurobindo Marg

img2643va0.jpg

Hyatt Flyover

img2662ds8.jpg

Dhaula Kuan Interchange on Ring Road

62471801716e44e645bqg8.jpg

IIT Flyover

dscn3847iz8.jpg

Here is a rendering for the proposed grade separator at Mukerba Chowk(NH1 with Ring Road)

mukerbaor2.jpg

ITO Flyover on Ring Road - Opened to traffic in 1996. The clover leafs were built later in 1998-99

cloveroh4.jpg

Does anyone have a nice aerial picture of Dhaula Kuan? I mean after the Airport Metro's construction.

Damn ...
U asking for source .
Still living in Stone age ???

It seems that u r the ones of those who believe that Pakistan has more GDP than India

For once put the political rivalry aside as this thread gives Bengalis/Sri Lankans/Indians and Pakistanis a chance to post pics to give the best possible representation of their capital. Secondly i'm not going to waste time wafting through random pics of Delhi considering i'll never go there but seeing pics posted by Indians will give me an insight into how Delhi looks through Indian eyes and inform me of various landmarks which i may have never recognised i.e Lotus Temple.

That mall is epic, now we're talking!

Thanks Vamshik for the link, lotus temple is beautifully designed as for Delhi still not feeling it as being better than Isloo but then again not many European cities i have been too have matched it as for Delhi it is a great deal bigger and is densely populated so maybe it's an unfair comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom