What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once put the political rivalry aside as this thread gives Bengalis/Sri Lankans/Indians and Pakistanis a chance to post pics to give the best possible representation of their capital. Secondly i'm not going to waste time wafting through random pics of Delhi considering i'll never go there but seeing pics posted by Indians will give me an insight into how Delhi looks through Indian eyes and inform me of various landmarks which i may have never recognised i.e Lotus Temple.

Exactly my words :tup:

I do not see the point of posting thousands of random pictures of Delhi here. If you feel such pride, go to "India Developing..." thread. I would say no more than 5 pictures be allowed if proper comparison is to be carried out. I wanted to see pictures of Islamabad, Colombo, even Kabul and Kathmandu and Dhaka... but all I see are poorly taken blurry pictures of Delhi from stupid angles. (Well, my post can be excused, it was for reference, and not a show off :D )

GateIndia.jpg

Jantar_Delhi.jpg

Birla_Mandir_Delhi.jpg

Delhi_Montage.jpg

first tell me what does best mean you?

if best means peace then i will go for colombo and Islamabad

if best means business and metro city then its delhi

if best means clean and beauty then this is islamabad

and so on

@Vamshikrishna,

All the pictures you are posting are already posted like 10 times in other threads. Please do not degrade the cities by showing the same pictures again and again, lest everyone shall think there is nothing more about India.

Im slightly confused here because pictures have been posted of what looks like an underground system yet is labelled by Indians as a metro system, just for clarification does Delhi have an underground system?

On a side note, Lahore surely could do with one to help ease the traffic congestion problems that occur within the city.

Im slightly confused here because pictures have been posted of what looks like an underground system yet is labelled by Indians as a metro system, just for clarification does Delhi have an underground system?

On a side note, Lahore surely could do with one to help ease the traffic congestion problems that occur within the city.

Yes PakistaniPacifist. Almost half part of the Delhi Metro is underground since it is not feasible to keep it above the ground in some historical (Like Cannaught Place, Red Fort, Chandni Chowk) and sensitive (Airport, Parliament House) areas.

Yes PakistaniPacifist. Almost half part of the Delhi Metro is underground since it is not feasible to keep it above the ground in some historical areas.

Interesting, just looking at some pictures and it is rather peculiarly designed compared to London or Prague underground system, how many lines run on the metro network?

first tell me what does best mean you?

if best means peace then i will go for colombo and Islamabad

if best means business and metro city then its delhi

if best means clean and beauty then this is islamabad

and so on

Exactly. Delhi and Islamabad are like apple and oranges.

Interesting, just looking at some pictures and it is rather peculiarly designed compared to London or Prague underground system, how many lines run on the metro network?

Haha, no your comparison is not right. Those trains in those countries were built decades ago, with an inferior technology. We have a better technology at even cheaper rates, simply because we are in 21st century. If they were to build their trains today, they would beat us in no time. We should always bow to the pioneers.

In some places, the network had to go underground so as to keep the distance as short as possible.

This is the map of network and stations that are functioning currently:

delhi_metro_route_map.jpg

And this is how the Metro network will cover all the areas of Delhi after the project is complete:

metro+2021+map.jpg

P.S. Different colors denote different phases.

true...agreed upon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom