What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhopal

6p9sib.jpg

vr6bg8.jpg

Infamous Carbide​

30biqlf.jpg

53a9eq.jpg

Since when did Bhopal become a capital of any country? We are talking about capital cities of South Asian countries.

I thought it meant capital of a city in S. Asia, meaning any state as well..

Top 10 Cheapest Cities In The World
delhi on 4th. but islambad is not there

Top 10 Cheapest Cities In The World
Yeah But Karachi is :azn:
The least expensive city in the world in which to live is the Pakistani city of Karachi. There are several large cities within Pakistan, but Karachi is the largest with a population which according to the United Nations is in excess of 12 million. Whilst the political capital of Pakistan is Islamabad, Karachi is definitely the economic centre. It is home to the largest port in Pakistan situated in a sheltered natural harbour, and it is this which originally provided the conditions for the city to grow. Whilst the port continues to play an important part in economy of Karachi, the economy has diversified. Karachi is the location for the headquarters for many of the largest Pakistani companies, as well as being the location for the Pakistani offices of many international firms. Manufacturing plays a big part in the local economy, and increasingly outsourcing of services from richer countries plays a part, particularly with call centres. All of these factors combine to result in Karachi having what has been claimed to be the highest average wage of any city in south Asia. However, despite the regionally high wages, Karachi is still located in south Asia, and so many of the prices for goods and services reflect this. In addition the excellent infrastructure links further reduce the price of imported goods. These high wages, coupled with low prices of goods and services, result in Karachi being the cheapest major city in the world in which to live.

Omar1984 check the site out Karachi is number 1 in this, I know that Karachi isn't the capital city but it is still there.

The best 3 capital cities in Asia, is more difficult. But mine is.

1. Tokyo
2. Delhi
3. Moscow

we were comparing capital cities these guys started comparing whole india with islamabad :undecided:

we were comparing capital cities these guys started comparing whole india with islamabad :undecided:

ahahhahha lolololol:rofl:

BTW i saw one video on utube.

Isloo looks as if it is some European city & New Delhi(truly speaking, no hate intended) seems more South Asian city.

Last edited by a moderator:
39 Indian cos in Forbes' Best Under A Billion Asia list

39 Indian cos in Forbes' 'Best Under A Billion' Asia list | mydigitalfc.com

You are here » Home » My World
39 Indian cos in Forbes' Best Under A Billion Asia list

By PTI Sep 02 2010 , New Delhi
Tags: Emami, Forbes, Jubilant Organosys, News
Thirty nine Indian companies, including Jindal Drilling & Industries and Emami have made it
RELATED ARTICLES

Diddy named richest hip-hop artiste by Forbes
Carlos Slim remains world's richest person: Forbes

to Asia's 'Best Under A Billion' 2010 list of companies compiled by the Forbes magazine.

Among the 200 companies listed by the magazine, 39 are from India while 71 firms are based in China and Hong Kong. The number of Indian companies has increased from 20 in last year's list.

"India is in second place with 39 entities, 19 more than last year, thus making it the biggest gainer. More Indian companies made it to the list this year as the country is less open than many other Asian economies and was therefore less affected by the global downturn," Forbes said in a statement today.

Other Indian firms in the list include Allied Digital Services, Exide Industries, Jubilant Organosys, Spice Mobility, Zydus Wellness, Amara Raja Industries, Compact Disc India, Everonn Education and Micro Technologies.

The 'Best Under A Billion' list is chosen from nearly 13,000 publicly-listed Asia-Pacific companies with actively traded shares and having sales in the range of USD 5 million- USD 1 billion.

The selection of the best 200 companies is based on earnings growth, sales growth, and shareholders' return on equity in the past 12 months and over three years.

According to Forbes, the latest list has 151 new entrants as compared to 136 last year. Information technology, health care and electronics companies accounted for nearly half of the 200 entities.

Indian entities such as Ashiana Housing, Banco Products (India), Bliss GVS Pharma, Deep Industries, Glodyne Technoserve, Kaveri Seed, KNR Constructions, ELGI Equipments and ICSA (India) are also part of the list.

2010 Pakistan 25

The Pakistan 25 is an interim list of companies that have applied for the Asia Fast Growth 500. The list is made up of 24 ranked companies that reach AllWorld's international standard for competitive fast growth companies, and 6 "companies to watch" that tend to be younger or smaller but otherwise have a strong growth trajectory that should qualify them in the near future.

Company Name
Revenue Range
Industry

EXCEED
5-10 million USD Construction and Engineering

Naya Tel
1-5 million USD High-Tech and Telecommunications

Advanced Research Projects & Technologies

E2E Supply Chain Management
5-10 million USD Transportation and Aviation

TRADEKEY
1-5 million USD Professional, Scientific and Tech Services

Sofizar

S. K. Stones /Amish Marble
1-5 million USD Construction and Engineering

i2c Inc

Meskay & Femtee Trading
10-50 million USD Agriculture and Mining

Abacus Consulting Technology
10-50 million USD Professional, Scientific and Tech Services

Folio3
1-5 million USD Professional, Scientific and Tech Services

Faysal Asset Management
1-5 million USD Finance and Insurance

Corvit Networks

iTextiles
5-10 million USD Textiles and Fashion

Multilynx
10-50 million USD High-Tech and Telecommunications

Independent Media Corporation
10-50 million USD Public Relations, Media and Publishing, Advertising

Cotton Web Pakistan
10-50 million USD Textiles and Fashion

Egas
1-5 million USD Energy and Power, Water

SPEL - Synthetic Products Enterprises Pakistan
5-10 million USD Automotive

Roshan Packages
5-10 million USD Agriculture and Mining

Khushhal Feed & Farms
1-5 million USD Agriculture and Mining

Rozee.pk

GCS

Riaz Textile Mills
10-50 million USD Textiles and Fashion

Interwood Mobel
5-10 million USD Construction and Engineering

Rawalpindi Flour & General Mills
5-10 million USD Agriculture and Mining

can we be part of top 500 companies of asia ??? :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

The best 3 capital cities in Asia, is more difficult. But mine is.

1. Tokyo
2. Delhi
3. Moscow

2 of the 3 arent even in South Asia

and while im sure delhi is a vibrant and very active city with some hidden treasures and some good fun, i highly doubt it comes even close as ''top'' south asian city. No offence, but from the pictures I have seen, it looks very dirty and the traffic is horrific.

delhi got NOTHING on the city of Lahore.....no doubts on this.

one thing we do need (in all Pakistan, especially cities) is proper public transportation system.....Turks have done a magnificent job (look at Istanbul). We must emulate. It would be one of the best investments ever made.

2 of the 3 arent even in South Asia

and while im sure delhi is a vibrant and very active city with some hidden treasures and some good fun, i highly doubt it comes even close as ''top'' south asian city. No offence, but from the pictures I have seen, it looks very dirty and the traffic is horrific.

delhi got NOTHING on the city of Lahore.....no doubts on this.

one thing we do need (in all Pakistan, especially cities) is proper public transportation system.....Turks have done a magnificent job (look at Istanbul). We must emulate. It would be one of the best investments ever made.

Indian cities are already working on traffic and transportation problems with Metro and BRT projects...
and to those who complain why other cities are being mentioned here...i no where see country capital city in title...so cant we bring state capital's also here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom