What's new

What is really holding India back?

Corruption in India has its root in its political parties and if corruption is finished or even minimized then the other factors can easily be overcomed. It all interlinked. Corrution-education-sanitation...If one is corrected it starts a kind of positive domino effect and other things start to fall in place automatically.

But do you think education can help overcome 'cultural aspects' & 'ancient/traditional mindsets' of people? India has 'pretty decent' education levels, even in its rural areas, but in terms of social indicators, it still does poorly. Is education the solution to this?

But do you think education can help overcome 'cultural aspects' & 'ancient/traditional mindsets' of people? India has 'pretty decent' education levels, even in its rural areas, but in terms of social indicators, it still does poorly. Is education the solution to this?

One word - Yes.

Reduction in corruption and improving the literacy rate are two areas where the maximum push should be given in coming years. If these two are achieved then anything else is possible.

NO--all the govt employees are educated and almost all of them are corrupt

What part of "reducing corruption AND increasing literacy should be the two major areas of concern" you did not understand ?

NO--all the govt employees are educated and almost all of them are corrupt

I will have to accept with you, but it is not uncontrollable as this one has a top down approach. There is a saying in Hindi or Sanskrit or whatever "Yadha Raaja, tadha Prajaa" (translation "the subjects are the same as the ruler"). So once the top cream is quashed or controlled they will make sure nothing flows under them.

My reasons why India lags behind China
1.Nehru
2.Population.....
Why India can still sill cross China
1.Modi
2.US
3.FGFA

Definitely corruption is the r00t cause, but several other fronts which are mostly underdeveloped.
1. R&D infra in India is still a far cry as India spends very less in R&D.
2. Educational bottleneck - Still most of the ambitious students opt for Foreign universities for Higher education. The premier educational institues are not catering to the demands, thus more than 30% of best brains leave India every year to prsue their higher education elsewhere.
3. It takes longer to start a business India as compared to other developed nations.
4. Health sector is still not adequate.
5. No focus on balanced development.
6. Very poor Public Distribution system. The Govt schemes never reach to the end users.
7. Poor Infra - Roads, Railways, Ports, Power etc.

The things that are holding back India are

1) Corruption
2) Corruption
3) Corruption

If Corruption is rooted out, everything can be sorted out within months

Simply put;It's demographics.It doesn't matter whether India clocks up double digit growth figures for decades to come,unless there is a proper handle on ever-rising population levels there always will be more mouths to feed,more social infrastructure to build,more jobs to employ everyone and more poverty to be handled effectively.Till then,all government/NGO efforts are tantamount to throwing pebbles in the ocean in hopes that a dam will rise out of it.

China understood this simple mantra years back,when will we?

Factors holding India back -

Politics..more precisely political parties.

The corruption arising out of them.

Bad neighbourhood.

^^^Blaming others will not get India ahead !!!

It is the prevalent attitude that is present in all developing countries, "chalte hai" thinking - people get numb and just accept corruption and other problems.

^^^Blaming others will not get India ahead !!!

Hafiz, look at the other 24 replies as well. Not one of them has blamed any of our neighbours. It is his opinion and he has the right to that. Majority thinks otherwise.

For me, corruption. lack of education and mindset of people are concerns that affect growth of India. Let us see how we tackle them.

Its not education but the low level of moral values is what is holding India back. I have seen so many brightest of minds during my engineering days, who wants to study hard to become IAS coz such positions are cash cows....

At the slightest chance most will swindle some money from any money which was meant to be spent publicly.... at the slightest hint of threat ( police matter or in politics ) first solution is the time tested bribe the way out formula..

My take: Excess of idealistic and lack of practical leaders in all sectors.

new industrial, agricultural & state level reforms are the need of the hour. controlling corruption is also a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom