What's new

What is it to be a Pakistani

@Syed.Ali.Haider

I never expected a sudden change. I'm actually glad to see Nawaz's gang survive two murders. Even more glad to see the Army not granting his wish to be a political martyer despite his best efforts to be one.

He will defeat himself which would mark another blow to the NRO enterprise they've built.

@Syed.Ali.Haider

I never expected a sudden change. I'm actually glad to see Nawaz's gang survive two murders. Even more glad to see the Army not granting his wish to be a political martyer despite his best efforts to be one.

He will defeat himself which would mark another blow to the NRO enterprise they've built.

Let's see how the present crisis is resolved, and then how a fool like NS navigates the rest of his term politically. He just might survive the full term, just like Zardari before him, despite all his faults.

What is it to be a Pakistani - PakTribune

I am almost 84, was 17 and a first year student when Pakistan came into being.

Then things started to happen. On September 7, 1974, in order to appease and placate the maulvis, ulema and mushaikh, Bhutto got the Ahmadies declared non-Muslims through an act of parliament. Imagine, the ba wazoo and ba shariat! sacrosanct politicians giving a purely religious edict on Islam as to who could be a Muslim and who could not be!! Friday was declared a close holiday, only to be annulled soon later. Alcohol, gambling and races were banned, but in reality all were and are still available aplenty. After Bhutto Zia tried to Islamise Pakistan further but did more harm than good..

My dear Jafari Sahib,

to be honest, your generation can claim a lot more than what you are accepting here.

Yes your generation was part of Pakistan movement. We appreciate that.

But it was your generation who brought religious Islamo-fascist mumbo jumbo in the form of "Qarardad-e-Maqasid" aka "objective resolution".

This is where you turned our secular oriented homeland into Mullah-Mawdoodi land.

We were not born at that time.

Even if we were, perhaps the results would have been the same.

This religious insanity didn't start rolling in 1974. But it started rolling in 1949.

Then Mawdoodi brought even more Islamist cr@p druing 1952 riots against Ahamdis.

your generation was part of all that.

So while you want to claim credit for Pakistan's formation (and you should).

But in the same vein, accept your responsibility for adding dirty religious mumbo jumbo into our already cr@PPY politics.

As long as we the Paks do not understand the "modern" concept of a nation state,

We will continue trying to make it a Beduin hell by mixing religion into politics. Sorry to say.

This was true in 1949, 1952, 1974, 1979, and even now.

Sorry I am bit disrespectful.

But I must say what the reality is.

^^

You guys seriously think that Imran Khan and Qadri are your knights in shining armor? what made you think that?

I have heard politicians over the years make a million promises in every election -

the recent phenomena in India - Kejriwal and Hazare promised wide ranging changes and reforms, but when push came to shove they were no where up to the mark. I would much rather prefer someone who 1) has demonstrated with results and, 2) stays within the system and brings about change.

My dear Jafari Sahib,

to be honest, your generation can claim a lot more than what you are accepting here.

Yes your generation was part of Pakistan movement. We appreciate that.

But it was your generation who brought religious Islamo-fascist mumbo jumbo in the form of "Qarardad-e-Maqasid" aka "objective resolution".

This is where you turned our secular oriented homeland into Mullah-Mawdoodi land.

We were not born at that time.

Even if we were, perhaps the results would have been the same.

This religious insanity didn't start rolling in 1974. But it started rolling in 1949.

Then Mawdoodi brought even more Islamist cr@p druing 1952 riots against Ahamdis.

your generation was part of all that.

So while you want to claim credit for Pakistan's formation (and you should).

But in the same vein, accept your responsibility for adding dirty religious mumbo jumbo into our already cr@PPY politics.

As long as we the Paks do not understand the "modern" concept of a nation state,

We will continue trying to make it a Beduin hell by mixing religion into politics. Sorry to say.

This was true in 1949, 1952, 1974, 1979, and even now.

Sorry I am bit disrespectful.

But I must say what the reality is.

The people who brought Objective Resolution were people associated with Pakistan movement, so how you blame, you achieved what the Pakistan movement meant for.

84 years and still confused?

I am impressed at the way in which the few stakeholders of Pakistan are keeping it in a flux and its people eternally confused.

Although, one would wonder if it is by design or it is because of the identity conflict.

By what I know from being here on PDF, I would say that it is by a not so bright and narrow design to derive short term benefits.

The people who brought Objective Resolution were people associated with Pakistan movement, so how you blame, you achieved what the Pakistan movement meant for.

That's prevalent view however it is kind of superficial, and more of a sound bite, rather than well researched stand point.

Do you know who was the main proponent of OR?

And why?

^^

You guys seriously think that Imran Khan and Qadri are your knights in shining armor? what made you think that?

I have heard politicians over the years make a million promises in every election -

the recent phenomena in India - Kejriwal and Hazare promised wide ranging changes and reforms, but when push came to shove they were no where up to the mark. I would much rather prefer someone who 1) has demonstrated with results and, 2) stays within the system and brings about change.

Well said.

What Imran and Qadri are saying is very similar to the university elections.

Every year one of the election promise was to improve hostel food.

student politicians made promises year after year that they will have more chicken and more mutton, less daal.

We voted for one party or the other.

Still hostel food sucked big time.

Long after graduation, I realized that the quality of food was dependent on our money supplied by our subsidized education system.

Had we paid full market price, food would have been better.

so it is all income vs. expense, cost vs. benefit.

and politicians like IK or TuQ cannot change that by waving a magic wand.

Last edited:
That's prevalent view however it is kind of superficial, and more of a sound bite, rather than well researched stand point.
And why?

Bhaiya ji, Liaquat Ali Khan brought objective resolution and I don't think he was any ordinary leader. You can dig out many conflicting comment of League leaders if Pakistan meant to be a secular state or Islamic state.

And why?

Well said.

What Imran and Qadri are saying is very similar to the university elections.

Every year one of the election promise was to improve hostel food.

politicians made promised year after year that they will have more chicken and more mutton, less daal.

We voted for one party or the other.

Still hostel food sucked big time.

Long after graduation, I realized that the quality of food was dependent on our money supplied by our subsidized education system.

Had we paid full market price, food would have been better.

so it is all income vs. expense, cost vs. benefit.

and politicians like IK or TuQ cannot change that by waving a magic wand.
never thought I would say this to you, but on IK & Tuq you are right on the money, & I agree with your assistment 100%

@FaujHistorian agar aap capitalist na hote ,to mere aziz doston mein aap ka naam shumar hota :lol:

:cheers:

Last edited:
84 years and still confused?

I am impressed at the way in which the few stakeholders of Pakistan are keeping it in a flux and its people eternally confused.

Although, one would wonder if it is by design or it is because of the identity conflict.

By what I know from being here on PDF, I would say that it is by a not so bright and narrow design to derive short term benefits.

The problem is not short term benefits, after all the system that you describe has persisted for decades and it still going strong. It is just that the benefit and control is perpetuated among a few to the overall detriment of the nation.

Grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence.

It indeed is greener there unless u have colour blindness:p:

You can still immigrate out of the subcontinent, and reside amongst those who're modern and civilized enough to match your standards....truth be told.

Now i can't........aadat padh gayi hai ab:lol:

It indeed is greener there unless u have colour blindness:p:

Now i can't........aadat padh gayi hai ab:lol:
Yeh aadat kab padi? Bataa sakte ho? pichle mahine, 5 saal pehle, dus saal pehle, ya bachpan se?:)

The problem is not short term benefits, after all the system that you describe has persisted for decades and it still going strong. It is just that the benefit and control is perpetuated among a few to the overall detriment of the nation.

I agree about the system part, what I also meant was the few and the new keep piling up the confusion for their own short term benefits.

It sucks to be born in subcontinent..............it was far better if i was born in europe or usa.
Truth be told.
Europe and USA are really no better. Next life I'll ensure that I am born on Mars or a galaxy far far away!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom