What's new

What is it to be a Pakistani

Err a retired army personal:

Col. Riaz Jafri - almost penniless and with a monthly pension of Rs. 1,600/- only ??

Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd) - PakTribune
What?? :woot: I can't believe a Pakistani retired Colonel gets just Rs 1,600/- as pension!!! In contrast a retired Col of the IA gets Rs 72,000 as pension! And with no liabilities left at that age like spending on children's marriages, schooling, higher education etc and with free medical/health schemes, canteen facilities, scotch at discounted rates and plenty of free time for golf and tennis in posh clubs and so on, that's some good pocket money and a good life after retirement! :-)

Cheers! :cheers: ( By the way, I don't drink alcohol!! :no: )

Future of Pakistan lies in Pakistaniat. An Ummah where all citizens regardless of beliefs get a fair fighting chance and no stigma is attached to one's identity.

This is exactly what the author highlights as missing thanks to the mixed policies & signals the state has given all along.

What?? :woot: I can't believe a Pakistani retired Colonel gets just Rs 1,600/- as pension!!! In contrast a retired Col of the IA gets Rs 72,000 as pension! And with no liabilities left at that age like spending on children's marriages, schooling, higher education etc and with free medical/health schemes, canteen facilities, scotch at discounted rates and plenty of free time for golf and tennis in posh clubs and so on, that's some good pocket money and a good life after retirement! :-)

Cheers! :cheers: ( By the way, I don't drink alcohol!! :no: )
Thats what I was thinking...either author is lying or exaggerating the truth or someone thinks too much of PA "corruption" :whistle:

It sucks to be born in subcontinent..............it was far better if i was born in europe or usa.
Truth be told.

Could be more suckier if you were born in say Africa or Afganistan or other SA countries than in India. Be happy what you have.

Could be more suckier if you were born in say Africa or Afganistan or other SA countries than in India. Be happy what you have.

Have some shame before making these statements...................look at ur flag first:sick:

Well said.

What Imran and Qadri are saying is very similar to the university elections.

Every year one of the election promise was to improve hostel food.

politicians made promised year after year that they will have more chicken and more mutton, less daal.

We voted for one party or the other.

Still hostel food sucked big time.

Long after graduation, I realized that the quality of food was dependent on our money supplied by our subsidized education system.

Had we paid full market price, food would have been better.

so it is all income vs. expense, cost vs. benefit.

and politicians like IK or TuQ cannot change that by waving a magic wand.

:lol:

Nice example, but not very relevant, I wouldn't compare a basic college election (which I had won very easily for 2 years in a row) with this mess up though.

Nice example, but not very relevant, I wouldn't compare a basic college election (which I had won very easily for 2 years in a row) with this mess up though.

Thanks.

What promises did you make?

I double you were making the same hostel food related slogans.

Were you?

Bhaiya ji, Liaquat Ali Khan brought objective resolution and I don't think he was any ordinary leader. You can dig out many conflicting comment of League leaders if Pakistan meant to be a secular state or Islamic state.

your knowledge about Pak history is impressive.

I have done extensive study on LA Khan

1. Why did he leave ML/Jinnah and form his own party "Agriculturist party"
2. Why did he start quota system in Pakistan
3. Why did he couldn't get along with likes of Daultana when LA Khan's brother could.
4. Why did he start ethnic cleansing of the then Pakistani capital and its major organizations
5. who really murdered him

And many more questions you must ask before forming an opinion about him.

Thank you

never thought I would say to this you, but on IK & Tuq you are right on the money, & I agree with your assistment 100%

@FaujHistorian agar aap capitalist na hote ,to mere aziz doston mein aap ka naam shumar hota :lol:

:cheers:

Thank you.

Please consider me centrist.

I believe for a good economy, both right and left are necessary.

ying and yang, night and day.

One can't survive without the other.

Last edited:
Thanks.

What promises did you make?

I double you were making the same hostel food related slogans.

Were you?

A bunch of them - but nothing extraordinary, I had to give a few speeches, promise better student representation, better canteen, better sports facilities, an annual youth fest and a long tour.

A bunch of them - but nothing extraordinary, I had to give a few speeches, promise better student representation, better canteen, better sports facilities, an annual youth fest and a long tour.

Seems like you didn't have to face a stiff opposition. Right?

Something to do with the Process of Evolution, is it?
Like how Man evolved from the Ape?
no evolution has nothing to do with culture or changing how you live over time….
evolution is biology …

Yeah, sure I do. :D

But otherwise; methinks that it must be the Ape that must be feeling left out ........of the change.
you do know that we didn't evolve from monkeys but just from a common ancestor which we both share….

You can still immigrate out of the subcontinent, and reside amongst those who're modern and civilized enough to match your standards....truth be told.
how??? is it that easy to get a visa from india to europe??

About Pakistan
Pakistan’s culture is enrich in traditions and represents history of this region. Pakistani people and society is unique in its way of life, thoughts and morals. The inhabitants of each province have diverse cultural values which make them different from other groups of the society.

Our Culture:
Pakistan has a rich and unique culture that upholds traditions and conventions. Pakistani culture is rich in variety of dresses; these dresses are very colorful and prominent and give attractive look during national fairs and festivals

Fairs and Festivals:
The culture of Pakistan has great tradition of fairs and festivals. These fairs are held in all parts of the country, Polo festival of Gilgit is prominent at national and international level.

Sports:
Pakistani people are great lovers of sports and games. Modern games like hockey, cricket, football, badminton, squash, table tennis and lawn tennis are played throughout the country. Pakistan has produced great sportsmen in the past.

Handicrafts:
Pakistan enjoys great distinction in handicrafts at international level. Wooden furniture of Chiniot, sports goods of Sialkot and embroidery of Multan and Hyderabad is world famous.

Language:
Pakistan has a burgeoning tourism industry, due to the smorgasbord of cultures, peoples and landscapes it has to offer. Ancient civilization ruins of Mohenjodaro, Harappa and Taxila, to the hill stations of Murree, and the hiking tracks of Shogran and Siri Paaye, all have something to offer to each type of traveler. The northern parts of Pakistan have many old fortresses and towers. The Gilgit, Hunza and Chitral valleys are exceptionally beautiful sights to behold, along with the people here with typical costumes, folk dances, music and sports like polo and buzkashi.

Music:
Pakistani music is represented by a wide variety of forms. It ranges from traditional styles such as Qawwali and Ghazal to more modern forms that blend traditional Pakistani music with Western music

Tourism:
Pakistan has a burgeoning tourism industry, due to the smorgasbord of cultures, peoples and landscapes it has to offer. Ancient civilization ruins of Mohenjodaro, Harappa and Taxila, to the hill stations of Murree, and the hiking tracks of Shogran and Siri Paaye, all have something to offer to each type of traveler. The northern parts of Pakistan have many old fortresses and towers. The Gilgit, Hunza and Chitral valleys are exceptionally beautiful sights to behold, along with the people here with typical costumes, folk dances, music and sports like polo and buzkashi.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom