What's new

What is everyone's opinion on Aurangzeb?

I agree with all of the above points, I also believe Pakistan needs strong Presidential system.
Interesting. But would the Caliph be Sunni? If he is Sunni would Pakistani Shias be happy with him?

Both Sunni or Shia - 'Rotating' structure is what i stated.

Both Sunni or Shia - 'Rotating' structure is what i stated.

Interesting you want a Caliph only as a Spiritual guardian/leader but not to involve in politics. But many Muslims want powerful Caliphate as a political entity. I fear people like Jamaat Islami would disagree with this reasonable solution.

Interesting you want a Caliph only as a Spiritual guardian/leader but not to involve in politics. But many Muslims want powerful Caliphate as a political entity. I fear people like Jamaat Islami would disagree with this reasonable solution.

• What we need is a 'ceremonial role' which has to be constitutionally recognized though zero political power.

• How many seats JI has? - Zilch!

• What we need is a 'ceremonial role' which has to be constitutionally recognized though zero political power.

• How many seats JI has? - Zilch!

I agree but they do seem to have street power and a brainwashed army of youths. It would be interesting to see how and from where Pakistan can produce such a strong leadership which can stand up to not just JI and similar so called Islamic parties but also so called Liberal bureaucracy in Rawalpindi & Islamabad.

He was cunning, good military commander.

He had foresight, he warned Adilshaha to keep eye on Shivaji when Shivaji was barely 18-19 years old and his kingdom was very tiny.

Aurangzeb was the last strong leader of Mughal Empire. He expanded the Mughal Empire to its greatest extent.

Marathas never fought a well-organized conventional campaign against him, as he was too powerful. Marathas were only "terrorists" hitting and running..hitting and running...

Those terrorists fought aurangjeb for 27 years and finally Aurangjeb's dream to defeat marathas reamined dream only.

I agree but they do seem to have street power and a brainwashed army of youths. It would be interesting to see how and from where Pakistan can produce such a strong leadership which can stand up to not just JI and similar so called Islamic parties but also so called Liberal bureaucracy in Rawalpindi & Islamabad.

For that we need to develop a strong system. JI is destined to doom!

For that we need to develop a strong system. JI is destined to doom!

Lets hope so. Pakistan needs to move in the right direction. Maybe if NS can complete his five years we will see Pakistanis becoming more mature and not electing same idiots. If democratic institutions are given a chance to rule Pakistan i believe we may be able to produce quality leadership. Same political parties themselves will stop giving tickets to corrupt people as they know Pakistan's middle class is becoming more educated and influential. Media has sometimes played negative role but it also shows the true character of politicians.

10-20 years for Pakistan will be very important. I hope there is no military coup. Terrorism can only be dealt with strong leadership. Get rid of terrorism and Pakistan will attract a lot of investment. Gwadar Port should be developed faster, Gwadar can easily leave behind the likes of Dubai.

He lost to Ahoms but that was an invasion of territory he did not yet have the rest of his invasions were successful, I am pretty sure Rajputs got land back from his successors.

:disagree:

Shivaji's swarajya consisted territories won from adilshaha and mughals.

At time of his death Shivaji had 240 forts, many of them were under mughal control earlier.

Plus the invasion Aurangzeb launched against marathas was not successful in meeting its objective: completely defeating marathas.

Lets hope so. Pakistan needs to move in the right direction. Maybe if NS can complete his five years we will see Pakistanis becoming more mature and not electing same idiots. If democratic institutions are given a chance to rule Pakistan i believe we may be able to produce quality leadership. Same political parties themselves will stop giving tickets to corrupt people as they know Pakistan's middle class is becoming more educated and influential. Media has sometimes played negative role but it also shows the true character of politicians.

10-20 years for Pakistan will be very important. I hope there is no military coup. Terrorism can only be dealt with strong leadership. Get rid of terrorism and Pakistan will attract a lot of investment. Gwadar Port should be developed faster, Gwadar can easily leave behind the likes of Dubai.

I wish that NS completes his term. I hate him, but i hate the instability more than him. I don't want my country to end up like Syria.

Great Warrior.

Poor Strategist.....

Someone should have given him the SUN TZU Book " The Art of War " to read.:P

BTW, I am a direct Descendent of the MAN.
Course you are buddy.:enjoy:

Maratha's were numerically small against conventional army of Mughals.. Aurangzeb did not dared to come to our place what is now Maharashtra, until our great King Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj were alive... Such a coward Aurangzeb...
And Maratha's being Terrorist?? there was nothing called terrorism by then.. Maratha's were fighting for their survival against a tyrannical ruler who destroyed a good number of religious places of Hindus and many cultural places of almost all other religions... Maratha's were to so brave that they brought the pinnacle of Aurangzeb's Tent by raiding him... Terrorism means threatening and killing of peaceful peoples, and by that logic, mughals, turkik and Afghans were the terrorist who killed and destroyed peaceful Hindu's.. Non hindu king went to those muslim territories as aggressor..
I am a descendant of Maratha's, and I don't take a Shit from you... Keep that terrorism shit to yourself and your nation... We marathas are proud of our history and ancestors..
I am also proud of Marathas, you even kicked the *** of us Rajputs though. :(

Hindu-Muslim bhai bhai. Hindus fought for the Mughals. While Muslims fought for the Marathas. The Indo-Pak Subcontinent had brave sons in Sikhs/jains/Bhuddists/Hindus/Muslims, it's okay, brothers fight sometimes. We just divided ourselves and lost to foreign powers because our hatred for our brother was greater than our love for the motherland.:hitwall:

Lets see , even if you post photos of a dozen random dudes and dudettes it still won't make you a direct descendant of Aurangzeb as Sultana bibi is the one . Also don't tell me you are one of those people with "mughal" as their surname as if that is believable .

obama_laughing.jpg
I commend you for exposing him, he once said his origin was from some valley in Uzbekistan.:rofl:

If #Pakistan can produce one Aurangzeb, there would be no one raising his head against us.
Why is that? He single handedly brought down the Mughal Empire?

Lone man responsibe for the process of disintegration og mughal empire,killer of a sikh holy guru, imposed jizya on hindus, irritated the rajputs, strong personality, islamist.

I am indifferent towards him. For me hes neither a Hero or a Villain. He did what any emperors do to stay in power or whatever they feel like. I don't think he was good at diplomacy though.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom