What's new

What is everyone's opinion on Aurangzeb?

Punjab is also partly in India, also I'm not sure if this is correct but weren't the Hindu Shahis Rajput aswell?

Indian? East Punjab is tiny and dominated by jatts and dalits 95%. These people were not Hindu Shahis. Biraderis belonging to ruling Hindu Shahis are Kamboh, Janjua etc

Gandhara was the northern most territory of Uttarapatha(ancient name for Northern India). ;)

Well gawar bihar was also the place where aryan aborginal originated and spread indo-europeans languages.

age old question. aurangzeb was definitely arrogant and killed preachers like sirmed who was respected by followers of sufis. despite having rajput hindu grandparents he couldnt appreciate the unique culture of subcontinent. dara shikhoh, had he taken over as planned, would have likely led empire to greater heights and probably been able to ward of east india company or atleast cause irreparable damage when needed! but only the strong survive, not the righteous necessarily.

I
Well gawar bihar was also the place where aryan aborginal originated and spread indo-europeans languages.

Well my nordic snowwhite, friend you go back to school to learn both history and Urdu language. :haha::haha:

There is no doubt that Aurangzeb was the worst Mughal ruler. He was responsible for the
collapse of the Mughal Dynasty as he started the war against the Marathas. It was because of
Aurangzeb that the Marathas invaded and conquered northern India and destroyed the Mughal
Dynasty in the 18th century.

Afghans were not muslims then they were hindus

You mean Khushal khan khattak, aimal khan mohmand and darya khan afridi who fought against Aurangzaib, were hindus?
The fact is Pashtuns were never hindus or buddhists in the history.......when we came upon across hindus in the present day KPK we called them hindi or hindki and their language was called hindko by us.......i.e Pashtuns are not the oldest inhabitants of KPK and eastern afghanistan.......historical homeland of Indo-iranic pashtun tribes was sulieman mountains of present day balochistan for the long time.....from there they spread to kandahar and from kandahar afghan tribes moved towards eastern afghanistan and from eastern afghanistan towards KPK......in eastern Afghanistan we also absorbed some persio-turkic tribes e.g ghauris, suris, ghiljay/khilji etc and pashtunized them......in kpk we absorbed hindu and buddist converts

Kunar , bajaur and nooristan were once greater kafiristan inhabited by kalash like kafir tribes......now kunar and bajaur are inhabited by Afghan/pashtun tribes while kalash people are reduced to some villages in chitral......demographics changed a lot during medieval times specially during mongol invasion, e.g sur tribe had large population and were once very powerful but most of them got annihilated by mongols.....at the time of sher shah suri, sur tribe was considered small and insignificant.

Now coming back to orangzaib, his war against sunni afghans indicate that he was not exactly following ati-hindu and anti-shia agenda, he was crushing any one who was rising against mughals.........

@Aeronaut, @ghilzai, @EyanKhan, @Spring Onion, @Abu Zolfiqar @Armstrong, @farhan_9909

The fact is Pashtuns were never hindus or buddhists in the history.......when we came across hindus in the present day KPK we called them hindi or hindki and their language was called hindko by us.......i.e Pashtuns are not the oldest inhabitants of KPK and eastern afghanistan.......historical homeland of Indo-iranic pashtun tribes was sulieman mountains of present day balochistan for the long time.....from there they spread to kandahar and from kandahar afghan tribes moved towards eastern afghanistan and from eastern afghanistan towards KPK...
Many tribes through out history have been absorbed and become pahtuns
So some tribes were probably hindu/buddhist , Zoroastanism was also the religions of some eastern Iranic tribes (pashtunized)
and the turks who followed tengrism.
So Pre-Islam pashtuns were polytheists , though a jewish ancestry/history is also quiet possible for some!

So some tribes were probably hindu/buddhist , Zoroastanism was also the religions of some eastern Iranic tribes (pashtunized)
So Pre-Islam pashtuns were polytheists , though a jewish ancestry/history is also quiet possible for some!

The Iranians practised the monotheist religion Zoroastrianism while Scythians(another Iranic people) practised the polytheist Iranic religion.

It is a wrong statement on your part that Eastern iranian people were absorbed by pashtuns, pashtuns themselves are east iranian people....genentic studies have proved that pashtuns and tajiks have largest indo-iranian markers R1a1a

Pashtun identity is formed by about 60 major tribes and 300 sub-tribes......few of them claim to be of non-pashtun origin otherwise pashtunized people usually live as hamsaya of pashtun tribsemen.....
e.g mashwanis i.e tribe of @Spring Onion claim syed ancestory, so is the case with kaka khels

.The Pashtuns crossed the Suleiman ranges in 9th century and settled in Peshawar valley since then, before that the region was inhabited by Indo-Aryan speaking Gandhari people.The Pashtuns have nothing to do with the Hindu-Buddhist history of the Gandhara region, Pashtuns speaks an East Iranic language and they practised Iranian religion before becoming Muslims, the Hindowans people of Pakistan are said to be closest people to Gandharians.

You mean the Hindko people right? So they were the natives. I know Pushtuns are East Iranic people similar to Ossetians.

It is a wrong statement on your part that Eastern iranian people were absorbed by pashtuns, pashtuns themselves are east iranian people....genentic studies have proved that pashtuns and tajiks have largest indo-iranian markers R1a1a

Pashtun identity is formed by about 60 major tribes and 300 sub-tribes......few of them claim to be of non-pashtun origin otherwise pashtunized people usually live as hamsaya of pashtun tribsemen.....
e.g mashwanis i.e tribe of @Spring Onion claim syed ancestory, so is the case with kaka khels

How true are the claims that some Pushtun tribes maybe of Jewish origin? I have heard of this theory. Could tribes like yousafzai be of Jewish origin?

indo-iranian markers R1a1a

R1A1A is very markedly missing from the Iranian population , following is map of R1A1A

R1a1a_distribution.png

You mean the Hindko people right? So they were the natives. I know Pushtuns are East Iranic people similar to Ossetians.

I don't know much about Hindko ancestry many of them have Pashtun ancestry but I heard their language is closest to the language of Gandhara. The Hindu Shahis were Janjuas. People of Gandhara spoke a North-West Prakrit, an Indo-Aryan language.

Gandhara was where some of the greatest Sanskrit literatures were composed, I am baffled to see some people try to associate ancient Gandhara with Pashtun culture knowing the fact that ancestors of Pashtuns didn't practised Hinduism.

How true are the claims that some Pushtun tribes maybe of Jewish origin? I have heard of this theory. Could tribes like yousafzai be of Jewish origin?
The bani israel theory was fabricated by khan e jehan lodhi, a pashtun noble in the mughal court of jehangir........he sent his men to native pashtun areas, collected histories of every tribe, and connected those histories, genealogies of every tribe to one fictional person qais abdul rasheed, a jew who converted to islam at the hands of holy prophet in medina........
there was mughal-afghan rivalry going on at that time, as basis of superiority was religion so khan e jahan lodhi tried to establish superiority of pashtuns over mughals by making false claim that pashtuns are descendants of prophets and a sahabi.......this false theory was propagated by religious circles, genetic studies shows that pashtuns have nothing to do with jews........i have also head about a theory, popular among mullahs, that pashtuns are descendants of hazrat khalid bin waleed....
Qais Abdur Rashid

Iran doesnt have r1a1a much, and there is one study which said 51% pashtuns tested showed r1a1a haplogroup. Iranian main marker is R1b. Here is map of r1a1

4391f4ec9283.jpg

Iran doesnt have r1a1a much, and there is one study which said 51% pashtuns tested showed r1a1a haplogroup. Iranian main marker is R1b. Here is map of r1a1

4391f4ec9283.jpg

shhh , dont tell him that he might go an commit suicide :lol:

also the clustering of R1A1 around Pakistan is quite unique

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom