What's new

What is a leader

The most important things in a leader are:-
  • Vision: A leader has to be able to have a plan... Study history and every great leader had a vision
  • Humility: The ability to see what is wrong in oneself or one's policies and admit it.
  • Honesty: This goes without saying
  • Charisma: To be able to draw people towards themselves, to feel the pulse of the crowd and see what they want to hear is a big part of leadership, to inspire greatness.
  • Hard work: To understand leadership we must read some books by Japanese businessmen. No job is too little and there is nothing they did not do to understand it. An easy example in a book I read was to understand how much time it takes to mop the floor do it for a week, only then can you understand the work that goes in doing it.
  • Delegation: Leaders need to be able to pick out other leaders and delegate to them tasks... Micro managing things ruins them
  • Education: This does not only mean degrees but real world experiences are just as important.
  • Patience: This may be the most important quality which a leader must have, any one who has read the art of war will understand the importance of being patient
A leader is someone who is trusted, who one can relate to and does not think of small goals, long term advantages out weigh small gains, and most importantly who feels for the people he leads and can put himself in the shoes of those he leads. Do the most work, and stand by what you do.
The people are a mirror of the leader not the other way round...Another point also brought this up
That is not always true, people elect those who they agree with, they trust those they feel is most like them or who they look up...

someone who is mellow, very humble, down to earth, you will never sense an iota of fear in approaching him, yet he is assertive who wont compromise on values and will make it widely known through his actions , he will be sensitive to the feelings of those below him, never push his views on his subjects and he ensures he gets everyone on board before heading on for a decision unless he sees people are acting irrational and unreasonable,in that event he excercises his authority to make a decision per his choice.

Aaaaaaaand last but not the least he should be a wild Partaayyyyy animallllll!!!!

(Got none of the aforementioned traits but yet)
Omg!!!!! Wait guys i am gonna contest for the pm position in upcoming e-lekshuns . Who will vote for Shamain??

Chaiti chaitii daso.

@Akheilos

Good thread, thanks.

Talking about Charisma, I believe it is a "soul" thing. It is a result of "soul degree and strength." Difficulty in live, higher desire, and constant challenge in live can create charisma as well. For example Hitler's life. There is God hands also in this matter (charisma)

Last edited:
@Akheilos @xyxmt
04nara.jpg

This man was titled most corrupt Prime Minister in Indian History ( I don't know its true or not).
But this man was responsible from turning to bankrupt economy of India with total reserve of only $ 1.25 billion to current $ 356 billion .
This man was reason to your nation fail to take Kashmir through deadliest active insurgency when India was in weakest position in his history.
He is the most under appreciated PM of India despite being architect of modern liberal India.

If you start searching leaders for your choice of qualities then you never find anyone because leaders also are humans & humans makes mistake.
So, choose your leader to make job done neither if we choose people like Arvind Kejriwal type ( good person but incompetent & naive) as our PM in 90s then we could ended up as international beggar today.
Honesty is good but it would not come with the cost of competence & smartness.

@Akheilos @xyxmt
04nara.jpg

This man was titled most corrupt Prime Minister in Indian History ( I don't know its true or not).
But this man was responsible from turning to bankrupt economy of India with total reserve of only $ 1.25 billion to current $ 356 billion .
This man was reason to your nation fail to take Kashmir through deadliest active insurgency when India was in weakest position in his history.
He is the most under appreciated PM of India despite being architect of modern liberal India.

If you start searching leaders for your choice of qualities then you never find anyone because leaders also are humans & humans makes mistake.
So, choose your leader to make job done neither if we choose people like Arvind Kejriwal type ( good person but incompetent & naive) as our PM in 90s then we could ended up as international beggar today.

you are reaffirming my point of views, leader is who gets job dont by hook or by crook. If you want to show morality then go to Masjid politics is not for you. I know what @Akheilos would say to this about hazrat umer and Hazrat abu-bakar, as most of Potians do...to that I say show me if you are a public of Umar then talk about it.

you are reaffirming my point of views, leader is who gets job dont by hook or by crook.
No a leader is one who leads others empowers them and inspires them...

If you want to show morality then go to Masjid politics is not for you.
:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

A leader doesnt need to be a political leader to bring a change

I dont expect you to understand....

I know what @Akheilos would say to this about hazrat umer and Hazrat abu-bakar, as most of Potians do...to that I say show me if you are a public of Umar then talk about it.
No idea what you are ranting about....The very fact that you are ASSUMING rather than bothering to ask shows your mentality

The person who uses I the most frequent and puts others down to make himself shine is def not someone who deserves any min of my time

read the thread:

If you are incompetent you are in no way a leader to begin with!
For me only those who themselves are like that see the world from such a narrow view

A leader doesnt need to be a political leader to bring a change

I dont expect you to understand....

we are here talking about political situation of Pakistan, what kind of leadership you think we are talking about?? my kid's soccer team coach?

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom