What's new

What If China Did Invade Pag-asa Island (Thitu island)?

Funny you should mentioned Falkland. Do you know what would happen if Argentina defeats UK in the conflict? Falkland would fall right under Argentina control, not to mention that Falkland is still disputed today. Would you like to wager a bet on the outcome of a military confront between China and Philippine over Zhongye island?

you are confirming my point
physical presence is the hard and expedient method to claim back your sovereighty
that is why I suggest our mooring of our ship(s) there within the EEZ of the island
that is a trumping move that we dont have to consider the 50-year rule of international law and even if the law is to be considered, our presence is already established there right within the islands territory. One stone multiple birds!
A military confrontation will have several scenarios
At the end of the day we can take Zongye island back if we want to

While it is good that Malaysia and Singapore can resolve their difference through the help of international legal court, if you bothered to read your article more carefully, the international court, at not point, granted any part jurisdiction over actual territory. The binding action is Singapore and Malaysia government's agreement to the ICJ rule. Basically the international court is there to help hammering out a deal, but the decision to accept it or not rest fully with Singapore and Malaysia.

it is Singapore and Malaysia who both agreed to settle the case through international court of law
You are confirming my point again while defeating your own (read 2nd paragraph of your own posting @#27
Here the verdict of the court give the final words through which both countries followed the directions

As for "completely irrelevant", Georgians protested against Russia in UN or called for NATO, did it do anything? Palestinians protested and partitioned countless times in UN, did it do anything against US? Vietnam tried to sue China in UN, did it do anything? Of course not. The fundamental of any legal institute is the ability to enforce its rule. Being a member of UN permanent security council means that particular nation has a level of strength such that UN or any other international institute simply does not have ability to enforce their will upon that nation.

Again none of the Georgian cases against Russia through lodging complaints in UN had changed the status after the conflict
You are embarrassing yourself to confirm my point that being a permanent member of UNSC is not relevant to the case for claiming sovereignty. Russians used military force to claim its occupation while Georgia cannot have its complaints addressed satisfactorily through UN resolution
Being a permanent member of UNSC means you have veto power for a UNSC resolution only
Assuming we have taken Zhongye island and Pinoys want to take it to the UNSC council for a military intervention, even if we veto against it, the key for the next development is whether the rest of the members would use military actions helping the Pinoys to fight against us. Dont you think they will take our veto voting into consideration? That is if we have vetoed against military intervention by other nations, would they respect our veto and stop intervening militarily into the conflict? Dont be naive!

i have to check in a dictionary till i understand which island you mentioned.
after all , it is not the question about how and why , it is when should we take this island.
this island is not only the issue relative to the past, also relative to the future.
that is why china has to take over this island.

Funny you should mentioned Falkland. Do you know what would happen if Argentina defeats UK in the conflict? Falkland would fall right under Argentina control, not to mention that Falkland is still disputed today. Would you like to wager a bet on the outcome of a military confront between China and Philippine over Zhongye island?
While it is good that Malaysia and Singapore can resolve their difference through the help of international legal court, if you bothered to read your article more carefully, the international court, at not point, granted any part jurisdiction over actual territory. The binding action is Singapore and Malaysia government's agreement to the ICJ rule. Basically the international court is there to help hammering out a deal, but the decision to accept it or not rest fully with Singapore and Malaysia.
As for "completely irrelevant", Georgians protested against Russia in UN or called for NATO, did it do anything? Palestinians protested and partitioned countless times in UN, did it do anything against US? Vietnam tried to sue China in UN, did it do anything? Of course not. The fundamental of any legal institute is the ability to enforce its rule. Being a member of UN permanent security council means that particular nation has a level of strength such that UN or any other international institute simply does not have ability to enforce their will upon that nation.

Again two different issues one china NEVER had and never was control over this islands and especially a whole sea period past, present and future its illogical to use historical claims even false ones to claim huge bodies of waters and islands if your a landmass plus with the same logic should it be Mongolia running china right now or the manchus or Macedonia, Rome (Italy) UK (The British Empire) should be controlling half of the world? and besides among all of the claimants we have people living in Pag-Asa island the rest of the have only military personnel and limited civilians in the islands and china just build military garrisons which is clearly far off china and in other country's EZZ even which not even disputed so in other words comparing yourselves to the Argentina is not only stupid but just wrong heck Argentina has more logical legal claim than china but since the falkland islands have british citizens who voted to stay with UK so that really puts a dent on the Argentina's claims. So its clear that chinese argument is simply full of holes you can fly a jet in to it.

Again two different issues one china NEVER had and never was control over this islands and especially a whole sea period past, present and future its illogical to use historical claims even false ones to claim huge bodies of waters and islands if your a landmass plus with the same logic should it be Mongolia running china right now or the manchus or Macedonia, Rome (Italy) UK (The British Empire) should be controlling half of the world? and besides among all of the claimants we have people living in Pag-Asa island the rest of the have only military personnel and limited civilians in the islands and china just build military garrisons which is clearly far off china and in other country's EZZ even which not even disputed so in other words comparing yourselves to the Argentina is not only stupid but just wrong heck Argentina has more logical legal claim than china but since the falkland islands have british citizens who voted to stay with UK so that really puts a dent on the Argentina's claims. So its clear that chinese argument is simply full of holes you can fly a jet in to it.

No, the line is drawn using historical reference. Just because you don't written history doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

China's attitude towards disputed lands has always been diplomacy first and get everyone to sit down around negotiation table and work out a deal. More importantly, if a deal cannot be reached, then the issue will be left for future generations to resolve.

The only way China would come to the claim forcefully would be if the other party isn't willing to negotiate at all, but just declare the territory theirs. Let's be frank. This kind of one sided claim can work IF the nation making the declaration is overwhelming more powerful than the other party involved, but that's not the situation in Southeast Asia at all. In fact, it is just the opposite. If you purpose piss off someone vastly more powerful than you, of course they are going to hit back.

No, the line is drawn using historical reference. Just because you don't written history doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

China's attitude towards disputed lands has always been diplomacy first and get everyone to sit down around negotiation table and work out a deal. More importantly, if a deal cannot be reached, then the issue will be left for future generations to resolve.

The only way China would come to the claim forcefully would be if the other party isn't willing to negotiate at all, but just declare the territory theirs. Let's be frank. This kind of one sided claim can work IF the nation making the declaration is overwhelming more powerful than the other party involved, but that's not the situation in Southeast Asia at all. In fact, it is just the opposite. If you purpose piss off someone vastly more powerful than you, of course they are going to hit back.

hahahaha diplomatic so building military bases just a few miles away is diplomatic to you people sira ba ng ulo niyo at sino ginagago niyo? I mean really diplomatic really? Ya Hitler's Germany was being diplomatic to invade Europe and so was the old Imperial Japan was too and so as every invader in history was too. We are straggling to better ourselves we not stupid please do not mistaken to be both one and the same its creeping invasion sir no matter what side you look at it its still a invasion and that is just the start because nations like yours dont just stop with one.

Diplomatic my @$$ can't go to ITCLOS and refuse all means under International law and your tell us china has been diplomatic man if had centavo for each time i heard that i would be filly god damn rich now. Diplomatic daw

the case of the examples you quoted for england etc are different from our claims
the philippines the whole east side of the pacific to claim your sovereignty of the shoals reefs and island
why the pinoys are so stupid to ask for terrirories on the west side which dont belong to them and thereby endangering the peace of the territories?
can you use your indian mind to explain that?

China's arrogance is getting extreme.

The Philippines should allow Pag-Asa Island as the new base for U.S. military. Let's see what these Chinese can do. Install a powerful radar and communication system in the area for a constant contact in the mainland and equip the area with missile defenses as well as cluster bombs and torpedoes for shallow water invasion.

China's arrogance is getting extreme

Our confidence is usually twisted as "arrogance" by the indians
We set a target and we deliver it most of the time. This is confidence

When you cheerleaders set targets they are one future tense after another after another ...

The Philippines should allow Pag-Asa Island as the new base for U.S. military. Let's see what these Chinese can do. Install a powerful radar and communication system in the area for a constant contact in the mainland and equip the area with missile defenses as well as cluster bombs and torpedoes for shallow water invasion.

Bring them on! The Philippines doesnt need indians to remind them of their own strategies.
Let's moor our vessels there and see what the us navy can do about it with indians beating their drums and chests on the sides like what we are seeing the lot of cheerleading on PDF!

the case of the examples you quoted for england etc are different from our claims
the philippines the whole east side of the pacific to claim your sovereignty of the shoals reefs and island
why the pinoys are so stupid to ask for terrirories on the west side which dont belong to them and thereby endangering the peace of the territories?
can you use your indian mind to explain that?

Simply because its our we never claim anything not ours in the first place everybody knows that simply put it your country never had any legal claims to a whole sea or any islands here i can site any legality for this but judging for your post i will get the same typical imperial response

China's arrogance is getting extreme.

China should kick the Philippines out of the Kalayaan islands and invite the MNLF and Nur Misuari to set up the Bangsamoro government in exile there.

Simply because its our we never claim anything not ours in the first place everybody knows that simply put it your country never had any legal claims to a whole sea or any islands here i can site any legality for this but judging for your post i will get the same typical imperial response
why you indians are so pathetic - none of your business here.
this is Philippines' affair with China
As I said the Pinoys have all the eastern part of the Pacific to exploit. Just stop creating trouble!

why you indians are so pathetic - none of your business here.
this is Philippines' affair with China
As I said the Pinoys have all the eastern part of the Pacific to exploit. Just stop creating trouble!

What moron oh please nagtagalog ako ang bobo niyo talaga cant tell the difference not wounder you have problems with everybody face it your people suck at doing this as for trouble you people are the ones making the trouble because your greedy and poor understanding of the world. So go ahead dig your own damn graves because no matter how big your are you will fall just any other imperial regime just takes a matter of time

What moron oh please nagtagalog ako ang bobo niyo talaga cant tell the difference not wounder you have problems with everybody face it your people suck at doing this as for trouble you people are the ones making the trouble because your greedy and poor understanding of the world. So go ahead dig your own damn graves because no matter how big your are you will fall just any other imperial regime just takes a matter of time

If the Philippines wants Mindanao liberated and independent, then keep provoking China.

it that the pinoy or hindi language you were speaking?
aquino's boss the usa is a typical example of imperialists
learn some basic histories
as incapable as aquino is, I dont think he has sought advice from the indians

If the Philippines wants Mindanao liberated and independent, then keep provoking China.

Dude really again with mindanao? get over it people are sick of war why do you think the bangsamoro deal happen? so please shut up about because no one believes your stupid anti filipino bull you just hate filipinos and why should we not say the truth china is the only nation in the area provoking i mean the war budget alone is prove enough along with the threat and intimidation, island grabbing and stupid decelerations heck you guys even had the arrogance to denounce a legal peaceful solution so who the hell would believe your stupid @$$ accusations which like your claims have no real basis at all so again you twehans bihons can suck it

it that the pinoy or hindi language you were speaking?
aquino's boss the usa is a typical example of imperialists
learn some basic histories
as incapable as aquino is, I dont think he has sought advice from the indians

Man you suck with your me so stupid english face it you suck dude typical example of imperialist wow so are stealing lands now hahahaha besides the typical bihon propaganda your accusations is so full of bull and quote " I did not know they stack $H^t that high?" pun i mean really china is the only nation who does that so save your sorry @$$ the embarrassment.

Imperialist ha this coming from a guy who has long history of imperial wars wage and country name after a war lord so funny

Back
Top Bottom