What's new

What happened to replacement for G3 and MP5 ?

Which Rifle Should the Pakistan Army Adopt ?

• Total voters

Babur The Uzbek Tiger

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
If you guys remember in late 2016 and throughout 2017, Pakistan made the international news on military forums and other websites regarding the replacement of the G3 and MP5 with a requirement for 500,000 new rifles and smg's. There was a lot of visiting and talks involved with the Czechoslovaks and Poles. A tender was produced and apparently after months of trials, the final 3 options were the CZ 807 along with the Evo 3 Scorpion 9mm submachine gun being offered by CZ and people close to the process said the HK416, AK-103 and FN SCAR H were also competing. In the pics below you can see these guns in the hands of your soldiers/officers.
Well I've been patiently waiting for more than a year for more news because this is a relatively high profile tender and had aroused the interest of small arms enthusiasts all over the world, and haven't heard a single thing in 2018. Everything about the tender has gone completely quiet. Anyone know if the tender was scrapped or if a choice was made? I can't imagine they would still be testing guns after almost 2 years! The Pakistan army should have made a choice by now it would seem like. I always felt bad for the Pakistan army when it came to small arms because they are seen using Type 56 assault rifles along with G3 which now only a handful of African countries use. The lack of scopes, red dot sights, and accessories on small arms means that it will be much more difficult for a soldier to quickly engage a target with deadly accuracy and the force looks outdated. The new platforms offer picatinny rails where you can mount lazers, lights, scopes, reflex sights, etc and more reliable and modular designs. In the hands of 500,000 professional soldiers, the modern battle rifles and submachine guns would really bolster morale and the image of the army. I really think the POF made G3 should be phased out. I am certain that I read CZ was offering full transfer of tech and local production.
Can anyone shed further light on this ? Thank you in advance. Oh and this is my first post since November, I was busy with school but thankfully I am graduating this week.

17523096_781728531992803_350372568519435422_n.jpg

480672_33330cf0e779ab84b29457ccec5e76fd-660x437.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Pak-LEA-CZ-807-92HD-692x360.png

cz_806_l3.jpg

480670_4a76547df4fd7a243c3fc13a1a25bc34.jpg

15243566958462.jpg

The lack of scopes, red dot sights, and accessories on small arms means that it will be much more difficult for a soldier to quickly engage a target with deadly accuracy and the force looks outdated. The new platforms offer picatinny rails where you can mount lazers, lights, scopes, reflex sights, etc and more reliable and modular designs.

This part is incorrect. Yes rifles used are outdated but they were used with modern optics and other gizmos.

The shortcomings triggered the rifle trials which was way over due by 2 decades atleast.

The images section of Pakistan military multimedia is a great source of updated images of modern kit in use.

we were just trying to be happy :enjoy:

These pictures made me very happy too my friend Imran. I really hope a new battle rifle is selected. It seems like the Army was pushing for 7.62 x 39mm Russian caliber as a favourite. It makes sense because you can carry more than the .308 NATO and not be under powered with the much-hated .223/5.56 NATO. By the way, stay away from SIG because they won a huge contract from the US Army to supply handguns and a catastrophic flaw was found after deliveries were being made.
As of now, Pakistan is still using the G3. I think the MP5 should still be used for tank and artillery crews, officers and paramilitary and police units because its a bloody damn good gun. No point in paying more money to get the Scorpion Evo 3 even though its a sweet package which offers a bit more customization options. The G3 however is drastically overdue 2-3 decades as the gentleman above you stated. The AK-103 is also a great choice though the caveat is that India recently adopted it as well. Perhaps that could be a strategic advantage, but in all honesty this is not a very accurate firearm. It's a run and gun type assault rifle not a true rifleman's weapon.

Would also advise to stay away from HK 416/417 as it is a very fragile platform and most likely the most expensive option on the table after the FN SCAR-H. I really think the FN SCAR is the most reliable and proven out of the offerings.

Ladies and Gents I added a poll to this thread, I think it's the only one of its kind I have seen online regarding the replacement of the G3. Please make your voices heard !

Ladies and Gents I added a poll to this thread, I think it's the only one of its kind I have seen online regarding the replacement of the G3. Please make your voices heard !

This part is incorrect. Yes rifles used are outdated but they were used with modern optics and other gizmos.

The shortcomings triggered the rifle trials which was way over due by 2 decades atleast.

The images section of Pakistan military multimedia is a great source of updated images of modern kit in use.

I am aware of some of the scopes that were mounted on the G3. But these were only a few rifles, and it seems it was a cost efficient method to hand someone a marksman rifle without biting into the SSG's stockpile of sniper rifles. The problem is that the optics for the G3 are not general issue for every soldier, and they need to be sent to the armory for a gunsmith to dramatically alter the rifle first. It's the exception rather than the rule.

Every single professional soldier of the army should receive a modern rifle with an optics kit. That is why Western soldiers are so successful. For instance, the Taliban use pray and spray tactics while facing an ammunition shortage. That is why they suffered so many casualties and have to rely on terrorism and improvised explosives while hiding behind civilians.

I am aware of some of the scopes that were mounted on the G3. But these were only a few rifles, and it seems it was a cost efficient method to hand someone a marksman rifle without biting into the SSG's stockpile of sniper rifles. The problem is that the optics for the G3 are not general issue for every soldier, and they need to be sent to the armory for a gunsmith to dramatically alter the rifle first. It's the exception rather than the rule.

No i was talking about Type 56. G3 were hardly used in the campaigns. But all those troops who participated in the conflict were very well armed.

No i was talking about Type 56. G3 were hardly used in the campaigns. But all those troops who participated in the conflict were very well armed.

Same applies to the T-56...it's not designed to accomodate optics. It's a headache for the gunsmiths at the armory to retrofit these ancient guns for modern combat.

I have also never seen an under barrel grenade launcher on these rifles. The gunsmiths don't have the parts available to them to work miracles. Pakistan needs to get this next rifle tender RIGHT.

The soul of a nation's defense lives inside the service rifle. It's time for long awaited change.

Same applies to the T-56...it's not designed to accomodate optics. It's a headache for the gunsmiths at the armory to retrofit these ancient guns for modern combat.

I have also never seen an under barrel grenade launcher on these rifles. The gunsmiths don't have the parts available to them to work miracles. Pakistan needs to get this next rifle tender RIGHT.

The soul of a nation's defense lives inside the service rifle. It's time for long awaited change.
Armours aren’t needed to place rails on rifles.. anybody can do that..

Armours aren’t needed to place rails on rifles.. anybody can do that..

I would love to see soldiers doing that for fun during their spare time at below freezing temperatures at Siachen Glacier...or when parts melt in the desert....

My friends, spray and pray does not work against a modern military. Especially when you are outnumbered.

Insufficient funding main reason for delaying otherwise if funding problem solved Pakistan soldier can get same gear and kit as Japanese regular soldier

Insufficient funding main reason for delaying otherwise if funding problem solved Pakistan soldier can get same gear and kit as Japanese regular soldier

My friend, thank you for an incredibly intelligent response. I hope you voted in the poll I would love to know your opinion on Pakistan's weaponry and ammunition requirements for the 21st century...God bless.

Another buried thread it looks like. I understand the problem with funding, and it is quite helpful that India adopted a bunch of spray and pray terrorist Kalashnikovs for their primary rifle. That easily buys Pakistan 4-5 years to adopt a state of the art, accurate, and modular service rifle.

Bump-Fire

If Pakistan can maintain a 600,000 strong professional army with state of the art weapons and expert marksmanship....no one in this universe would dream of engaging with her warriors....

Rifle is selected according to @Horus now final deal talks will take place

Rifle selected deal is being finalized. We knew the cost before starting trials

Pakistan is a small country with nuclear weapons and a dedicated population for her defensive measures....attacking Pakistan is 5 times worse than attacking Iran or North Korea.

I would love to see soldiers doing that for fun during their spare time at below freezing temperatures at Siachen Glacier...or when parts melt in the desert....

My friends, spray and pray does not work against a modern military. Especially when you are outnumbered.

Do what bro? Screw nuts and bolts ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom