What's new

What happened to replacement for G3 and MP5 ?

Which Rifle Should the Pakistan Army Adopt ?

• Total voters
Ola, we did had some FN FAL from South Africa and on loan from Germany (G1) until the production of the G3 could catch-up. These were used mainly by "Caçadores Especiais", mostly 4 companies of Light Infantry, trained on COIN operations. These 4 companies were the first units to react to the 1961 Angola whites massacres.
Thanks
absolutely; i remember very well all the manpacks at the time were being supplied by us as well.

absolutely; i remember very well all the manpacks at the time were being supplied by us as well.
The wars in the sub saharan Africa have always been very interesting and obscured in history and not very popular ( except rhodesia that too within a limited community { have not yet seen another Pakistani talk about it} ). I'm gonna spend some time in the near future and hopefully try and learn more about them, hopefully if I have any questions I can ask you ?

The wars in the sub saharan Africa have always been very interesting and obscured in history and not very popular ( except rhodesia that too within a limited community { have not yet seen another Pakistani talk about it} ). I'm gonna spend some time in the near future and hopefully try and learn more about them, hopefully if I have any questions I can ask you ?
These conflicts have been out of the limelight and yet some of the innovations happened as a result.

Wish I'd seem this thread earlier! Imo,POF can reengineer not just the G3 but the entire series of similar guns built off the rolling block design ,the HK 11,21,17 and the subguns I asked here: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...nt-anyone-redesign-them.633775/#post-11742358

Tribute to HK LMGs! These guns are effing fantastic-built off the original G3 they're also closed bolt and share half of all parts. However,they're rare,especially in Africa though in Kenya they're much loved by anyone whose compared with an M60 or 240. Its nearly a whole 5 kg lighter and has a 30% higher rate of fire than the former. This KDF guy has the HK 11 7.62 NATO. Btw,I've seen it written the first SEALS preferred this to the 5.56 mm Stoner.

Alas,they're out of production like their parent the G3 which leads to the question:why didn't anyone modify these LMGs and the G3 also for today? Lighter composites and modernised production techniques should resurrect these battlefield icons. Look at the M4,now remade by HK, all major gunmakers and smaller design houses.
Why not the HK LMGs and the G3? They're battle proven for 60 years!

Its funny! When the KDF invaded S Som in 2011 they had new M4s with only a few FNs and G3s. After a couple of years many guys dropped the M4 for the AK and numbers of the latter especially the G3 increased.

g31.jpg

Though its heavy and comparatively awkward to use wearing a flak jacket imo,that says more about the rifle's real life combat effectiveness than anything in forums like this.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom