What's new

What does the term Zionist means

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I have seen several members here branding other members or their nation as zionist even a few i have also been labelled as one but i don't what the term zionist means i tried to read about it on wikipedia but all just bounced over my head so members here can you please tell me what does the term zionist means in simple words i really want to know it plz tell me before this thread is closed

Zionist: Anything going against the purpose of Pakistanis will be termed as zionist.

Synonyms: Brahmanist, Evil Hindu, Baniya Hindu.
Zionism has nothing to do with Pakistan, so I don't understand why it's brought up. And more people who aren't even Pakistani use the term Zionism..

Zionism is a nationalist movement for Jews & a form of upholding their Jewish culture. Zionists don't support Jews moving to other countries and they want to advocate all Jews to return to the land of Israel and uphold their Jewish culture. Zionism can be, to some extent, considered as a racist and colonial movement.

I have seen several members here branding other members or their nation as zionist even a few i have also been labelled as one but i don't what the term zionist means i tried to read about it on wikipedia but all just bounced over my head so members here can you please tell me what does the term zionist means in simple words i really want to know it plz tell me before this thread is closed

zionist is a follower/believer in the zionism school of thought, which basically believes in the rightful existence of the land of Zion aka Israel, as a national & rightful homeland for the Jews.

Zionism is an international political movement that originally supported the reestablishment of a homeland for the Jewish People in Palestine (Hebrew: Eretz Yisra'el, "the Land of Israel"), and continues primarily as support for the modern state of Israel.

Zionists mean oppressors, bigots, murderers/terrorists, jingoists, islamophobes, warmongers and every other thing that defies humanity.

The definition of "Zionism" from the Jewish Virtual Library is as follows.

A Definition of Zionism

Zionism: The national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel. Has come to include the development of the State of Israel and the protection of the Jewish nation in Israel.

Zionism avocated, from inception, tangible as well as spiritual aims. Jews of all persuasions - left and right, religious and secular - joined to form the Zionist movement and worked together toward these goals. Disagreements led to rifts, but ultimately, the common goal of a Jewish state in its ancient homeland was attained.

The term “Zionism” was coined in 1890 by Nathan Birnbaum.

Thus a "Zionist" would be a person that adheres to the above definition of Zionism.

Back
Top Bottom