What's new

What Do You Think Is Going To Be Pakistans Next...

What should be Pakistan's new fighter?

• Total voters

Kaiser

Reaction score
What do you guys think should be paksitans next fighter.

Mod Edit: Editted topic title.

we don't need rafale because we can have EU2000 in same or less price!
we don't need j10 n gripen when we will have jf17! :PakistanFlag:

I really wish for Pakistan to get Gripen. It is one hell of an aircraft. If it can be bought with Erieye man.. what can i say? Our air force will be one known in the world. With F-16s, JF-17s, and Gripens!! Imagine all supported by Erieyes and integerated with data linking system in the hands of PAF pilots!

Originally posted by Web Master@Oct 17 2005, 01:27 AM
I really wish for Pakistan to get Gripen. It is one hell of an aircraft. If it can be bought with Erieye man.. what can i say? Our air force will be one known in the world. With F-16s, JF-17s, and Gripens!! Imagine all supported by Erieyes and integerated with data linking system in the hands of PAF pilots!
[post=880]Quoted post[/post]​

The only major thing that's good about gripen is it's data linking system.And you do know that JF-17 will too have this kind of system in it.Only the system would be german{Well itleast that's what i've heard} So Gripens are no big a deal.What we should really go for are eurofighters.Why??

Because they are the 2nd best fighter in te world after F-22.
Because if we buy rafales or gripens, india could easily go for eurofighters which are better then gripens and rafales.Thus puting PAF in tech disvangate again.

Because germany actully offerd us eurofigher twice in the 90s

Because we might get it cheap since we are allies with the USA.

:evil: :evil:

Right!
we should go 4 EUtyfoon or jxx in future !

Then we will have to wait for few months or so. By then we will have to keep the F-16s our front line fighters, supported by JF-17s, and Mirages and F-7s then can be used for ground support. For ground support if only Mirages and F-7 support it will be very risky, however JF-17 and F-16 will surely be involve in ground support.

J-XX is under development behind the scenes. The Chinese will do their best to make J-XX close to F-22 or JSF. This we will have to wait and see.

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 17 2005, 01:46 PM
does our F7s r better than Bison mig21?
[post=906]Quoted post[/post]​
NO !!

Bison Migs are BVR capable wheres F7s are not !! Mig 21 bisons have extended radar range and newer aveonics !!

Mirages are already being equipped with SD-10! Looks like F-7PGs will soon out perform Mig-21s ;)

BTW: elaborate more on the radar range of Mig-21 and what BVR missile it carries and what the range of thoes BVR missiles is. Also tell more about avionics.. if possible.

I heard that mig21 doesn't need to b shoot down,it crashes itself....where as the modified design if F7P/PG makes it stable.!

Originally posted by Web Master@Oct 17 2005, 08:27 PM
Mirages are already being equipped with SD-10! Looks like F-7PGs will soon out perform Mig-21s ;)

BTW: elaborate more on the radar range of Mig-21 and what BVR missile it carries and what the range of thoes BVR missiles is. Also tell more about avionics.. if possible.
[post=931]Quoted post[/post]​

I heard thar Pakistan has no BVR !! :o
Whats SD10 ?? Mirages are BVR ???? How will F7 outperform BVR Migs ??

About Mig21 Bison

Mig 21 Bison has R73 medium range and R77 long range BVR missiles !! It has got Phazatron Kopyo (Spear) long range radars while some also may have Zhuk radars !! Also some Russian western and Israeli aveonics have been integrated .
It has got Tarang Radar warning Receiver (RWR) system developed by BEL of India !!!
It can fire KAB-500 TV Guided bomb and also can carry Laser pods for laser guided bombs !!
Another significant upgrade to the aircraft is the new Helmet Mounted Sighting System, which enables the pilot to launch an Air to Air Missile at off bore angles, simply by turning his head towards the target.

Other less significant upgrades are :

The earlier Mig21 had a very restrictive view in terms of the Cockpit. The older fixed windshield has been replaced with a new ‘frame less’ Windshield. The older side opening Canopy with a prominent rear view mirror arrangement in the middle of the Perspex has been replaced with a clear bubble canopy which had semicircle rear view mirrors fitted to the rim, offering a much better view. The Conformal ECM Dispensing Systems, which are installed over the wingroot, are another distinguishing feature. Last is the RWR Antennae that have been put on the vertical fin.

yea!
Mirages RoseIII have limited BVR capability!

Mirage which are being upgraded to ROSE standard have BVR capability for upto 60KM of range. The information you gave above, doesn't have radar range which Mig-21s were upgraded to, also you didn't give the range of R-77 missiles. Please provide it, as without it we can't resolve this topic.

About F-7PGs they will be soon equipped with SD-10 too, with of course Darter series.

Originally posted by Web Master@Oct 18 2005, 07:54 PM
Mirage which are being upgraded to ROSE standard have BVR capability for upto 60KM of range. The information you gave above, doesn't have radar range which Mig-21s were upgraded to, also you didn't give the range of R-77 missiles. Please provide it, as without it we can't resolve this topic.

About F-7PGs they will be soon equipped with SD-10 too, with of course Darter series.
[post=1000]Quoted post[/post]​

I knew that Pakistan has no BVR missiles and Mirage radar has no multi targetting system !! Pls clear this !!! :blink:

Abt Mig21 Bison

The Phazotron-NIIR Kopyo-M radar can achieve ranges up to 72 km against fighter sized targets in the forward hemisphere, tracks 10 and engages two of them simultaneously. The radar is also designed to provide future growth capabilities .

The R-27TE1 has a range of 130 km and a maximum speed of Mach 2.5, while the R-27RE1 has a range of 70 km and a maximum speed of Mach 2.5.

The R-77RVV-AE has a range of 100 km and a maximum speed of Mach 4.

Back
Top Bottom