What's new

What do you think about an Asian equivalent of the EU?

Sounds great and rather ideal!!!

on paper maybe :laugh:

get all Asian countries on the same page while forgetting their political differences and clashing economic and strategic interests? Yeah good luck with, negros. Good luck. You'll need it!

the best approach would be for all countries to allocate land to be used for SEZs (Special Economic Zones) where preferential treatment and start-up assistance could be guaranteed and that way all countries can have stake of sort in the other countries. Anything from agricultural enterprise to manufacturing of labor & capital intensive goods....list goes on

SEZs didn't work out too well in india --at least not in beginning - but surely it can be tweaked to work elsewhere.

No India in an Asian Union. They are nothing but trouble for the region constantly doing the wests' bidding.

With all the conflicts of interests in various regions, political instabilities, economic imbalances, and vast cultural differences, it seems like a world away.

Optimistically, I think it's possible by 2050. ASEAN could facilitate this growth, especially by incorporating China, South Korea, and Japan (the Plus Three of the ASEAN). After all, who expected the European Economic Community of 1957 to grow into what it is today?

Is an organization along the lines of the E.U. from Turkey to Japan ever possible in your opinion?

In my strategy management class, at a my time when EU was forming, this was the conversation regarding US, Canada and Mexico. Strategically, It would solve lots of problems in regards to immigration and competitiveness in the world especially for US. All this sounded great, like in any business, it sounds great until you get to the nitty-gritty of real business.... The EU has proven after more then a decade that it is not workable, because few create the money and majority want to receive the money. So in regards to Asia, India is fine it self, thank you.

Actually, EU has failed what India has accomplished. Which is by merging a group of historically disjointed states into one union. Congrats to India for this achievement. Its not a small feat and you guys should be proud of it as European states are not capable of joining together because of constant squabblings. But do not forget to thank the British that first integrated your nation.

agreed on that.. history has been long tortuous and violent .

Actually, EU has failed what India has accomplished. Which is by merging a group of historically disjointed states into one union. Congrats to India for this achievement. Its not a small feat and you guys should be proud of it as European states are not capable of joining together because of constant squabblings. But do not forget to thank the British that first integrated your nation.

India was integrated from the times of mythology buddy its only British propaganda which they use to justify why they colonized India. Though India was ruled by many empires(kings) all empires knew the existence on one India then know as Bharatha.

No India in an Asian Union. They are nothing but trouble for the region constantly doing the wests' bidding.

Oi buddy you got banned but why ?

EU is a failure. Nobody wants to emulate it.
wrong! EU is a success history. Only the lastest invention - the common currency Euro - is a failure.
ASEAN can be EU in a distant future.

India was integrated from the times of mythology buddy its only British propaganda which they use to justify why they colonized India. Though India was ruled by many empires(kings) all empires knew the existence on one India then know as Bharatha.
Oi buddy you got banned but why ?

So how do they regard the existence of one India? Do they believe that its a civilization that is unique to others from outside India?

Also, do the kings of each empire treat other kings as equals. For example, do the Sikh empire treat the Maratha empire as rebel empire or as another empire occupied another area of Baratha.

Since you feel british has integrated India you can thank the british for us.

Since you feel british has integrated India you can thank the british for us.

Its not how I feel, buddy. Its a historical reality that you need to accept. Stop buying into the propaganda and get the facts straight.

Its not how I feel, buddy. Its a historical reality that you need to accept. Stop buying into the propaganda and get the facts straight.

:lol: ..... I dont care how you feel. Go tell that to someone who cares. ....... you want me to accept your reality ? :rofl: ...get a life :P

:lol: ..... I dont care how you feel. Go tell that to someone who cares. ....... you want me to accept your reality ? :rofl: ...get a life :P

Not my reality, but the reality that India was forged together by the East India trading company before taking over by the British crown. If you want to dispute that obvious reality, than go ahead. But the truth speak for itself.

Not my reality, but the reality that India was forged together by the East India trading company before taking over by the British crown. If you want to dispute that obvious reality, than go ahead. But the truth speak for itself.

:lol:.....why should I dispute that ? You are free to live in your own delusion....it would be cruel to take away the fragile prop that holds up your self esteem. :cheesy: .... you even have my permission to peddle your reality to others if they are willing to buy it :P

This union could never be possible untill india change it's attitude towards other countries. India try to be leader of the asian world but in reality they are nothing but a bunch of rooten potatoes:cheesy:

:lol:.....why should I dispute that ? You are free to live in your own delusion....it would be cruel to take away the fragile prop that holds up your self esteem. :cheesy: .... you even have my permission to peddle your reality to others if they are willing to buy it :P

If you feel that my post #27 is incorrect, than debate me instead of personally attack me. First of all, do you believe that Britain united India when India was consists of several kingdoms?

Back
Top Bottom