What's new

What do you like the best about the other nation?

Caste System is the difference between budhism and hinduism i think, correct me if i am wrong :undecided:

No actually nastika means who don't follow vedas. Though in modern times it loosely interprets as Atheist.

correct, and the buddhist did not blive in vedas, as a matter of fact none of hindu scriptures for which they were considered nastikas.

Caste System is the difference between budhism and hinduism i think, correct me if i am wrong :undecided:

Yeah, Budhha school of thought don't follow caste system as well as some other schools of thought. Mainstream Hinduism only follows caste system.

correct, and he buddhist did notblive in vedas, as a matter of fact none of hindu scriptures for which they were considered nastikas.

Well wiki lists it as astika school of thought because apparently it believes in life after death. I think nastika label has been given to Budhhism at it' initial state to curb it's growing influence.

Well wiki lists it as astika school of thought because apparently it believes in life after death. I think nastika label has been given to Budhhism at it' initial state to curb it's growing influence.

but if we look at the history, it is known that hindus at a point considered buddhists as rivals and many of buddhsist were also prosecuted by some rulers..just because they thought they were nastikas..remember sasank, the ruler of bengal ?? he vandalised buddhist monuments and also burnt the famous peepul tree under which buddha got enlightment..I dont know why they are labelling it as astika now...may be later on when the other rulers acepted buddhism like or accepted it as an offspring of hinduism, they got along better.

cm guys, can you all discuss the similarities and difference between budhism and hinduism in a separate thread, let this thread to be about "What do you like the best about the other nation?"

Indian:
1. Eat less but nutritious
2. Saving is important no matter how much you earn.
3. Always search and bargain in shopping. You may hit a good price.
4. Education is first priority even if you are a janitor. There was a story in press about Indian janitor who passed CA exam.
5. Trolling around PDF is good entertainment.

On main topic:

Pakistan: Singers, Ghazal, Food, hospitality ( we may fight here on PDF but they welcome us with open heart when we meet outside)

Bangladesh: Clothes(personal experience, same brand feels better from BD) and love to their Bengali culture.

but if we look at the history, it is known that hindus at a point considered buddhists as rivals and many of buddhsist were also prosecuted by some rulers..just because they thought they were nastikas..remember sasank, the ruler of bengal ?? he vandalised buddhist monuments and also burnt the famous peepul tree under which buddha got enlightment..I dont know why they are labelling it as astika now...may be later on when the other rulers acepted buddhism like or accepted it as an offspring of hinduism, they got along better.

Yes you are right .. There were clash of thoughts happened during old time between Hinduism and Buddhism. They always have logical debates over god and their methods (Tarkshastra) to spread over but this discussion happened before Aadi Guru Shankaracharya came and he actually rebuild or say unified hindus under rule of "Vedanta".

Actually Hinduism is an umbrella religion or say spiritual theory. Main dharma to represent 90% hinduism is "Sanatana dharma" who believes in rules of Vedas and theory of Vedanta. There are other branches which are known as "Sampradya" few to quote in current scenario are Radha Swami & Swami narayana sampraday.
When these branches gets bigger they start following their methodology and beliefs and create separate dharma like Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism.

Hinduism and Buddhism have many similarities and dissimilarity. few similarities to quote are belief in same spiritual theory, follow of holy symbol 'Om', same holy places, Buddha as incarnation of Lord Vishnu (Again a matter of discussion) and few dissimilarities were not to kill animals ( Hindu used to give 'Bali'), mehtodoligy, Not following Vedanta culture and different architecture ( I read in old books, Buddhist almost 2000 yrs back build home with stair case to first floor and then it opens like a hall).

Back
Top Bottom