What's new

What do you like about other religions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the mythology associated with all religions plus they also inspire man to build some really grand buildings and monuments which I do like visiting as a tourist.

I am an athiest/humanist who likes to live by the golden rule of treat others the way you would like them to treat you. I usually have no problems with religions, it is just their fan boys whom I can't stand.

Hello-
But I've actually read the Quran and interacted with imams so yeah... :kiss3:

What did you read in Quran which made your opinion?-
Imams are usually nice guys leading the prayers you must hv met some halwa molvies- :lol:-

is it true that the hindus drink cow urine??

It is considered purifying and a small amount is used during rituals.

When I was very young I went through my thread ceremony as good Brahmin boys do. The thread is supposed to be changed usually at a temple every year and I was given a spoonful of cow urine which I naively put in my mouth. Needless to say I spat it out as soon as I realised what it was. That day I also learnt that it is also disguised in other things used in the religious rituals usually followed by Brahmins. I have not worn my sacred thread since and I have also learnt to be very suspicious of all religious rituals.

I was communist when I was 20. Then I had been attracted towards yoga in Hinduism. This makes strong to human being by mentally of physically.
And in Islam I always like Tawheed that there is no god but Allah.

It is considered purifying and a small amount is used during rituals.

When I was very young I went through my thread ceremony as good Brahmin boys do. The thread is supposed to be changed usually at a temple every year and I was given a spoonful of cow urine which I naively put in my mouth. Needless to say I spat it out as soon as I realised what it was. That day I also learnt that it is also disguised in other things used in the religious rituals usually followed by Brahmins. I have not worn my sacred thread since and I have also learnt to be very suspicious of all religious rituals.

U people r lot more disgusting then i had thought.........:bad: yakh!

Haha. You will find such ridiculous stuff in all religious. Plus what is ridiculous and what is not varies according to cultures.

Haha. You will find such ridiculous stuff in all religious. Plus what is ridiculous and what is not varies according to cultures.

after this one im enough/done with hinduism

i think islam is fine even though it allows 4 wives n early marriages

after this one im enough/done with hinduism

i think islam is fine even though it allows 4 wives n early marriages

If you think about it religions are tools used to meet political objectives. God doesn't exist other than in the minds of people.

If you think about it religions are tools used to meet political objectives. God doesn't exist other than in the minds of people.

with a religious customs like these its understandable why u think like that.:lol:

with a religious customs like these its understandable why u think like that.:lol:

I guess it was one of the reasons which lead me to question rituals and religious dogma. On the other hand, the society I grew up was also tolerant of my rebelling and seeking my own path. It was also open minded to allow for opposing ideas to be expressed. For these reasons I wouldn't swap the environment I grew up in for any other. :)

I am not talking about hating, but I dont see how two opposite assertions be right at the same time.. for example is there 1 powerful god, or there are many gods... both cant be true...
Please dont tell me they are avatars or 1 in all ..and all in one.. or some fuzzy thing, I am not on drugs... :)

Kindly go through the three schools of thought 1.Dualism 2.Qualified dualism and 3.Monoism. Your doubts will be cleared,i guess.

PS: If you find all these theories boring and insufficient (which is common in most of the cases) you can read the book i have posted here. May be that should help.

I guess it was one of the reasons which lead me to question rituals and religious dogma. On the other hand, the society I grew up was also tolerant of my rebelling and seeking my own path. It was also open minded to allow for opposing ideas to be expressed. For these reasons I wouldn't swap the environment I grew up in for any other. :)

finding a true path is not taken as swapping dude.

anyways Good Luck.

Before dad's tour in ME, I thought that Islam is a religion which fully supports to kill non-muslims, a terrorist religion. I also thought that all of muslims don't like us. But after that, my opinion changed a lot. Maybe it was the anger of fallen troops and 9/11 of course.

Agnostic/Atheists are taking a risk not worth it when compared to their religious counterparts.

A religious person or a person who believes in god will lose probably nothing even if what he believes is not true, on the other hand atheists are taking a risk by choosing to follow reasoning and logic and there by refusing to believe with out proof that there is a god. he is not gaining any thing big if he is indeed right, but he has more to loose if he was wrong..So one may say it's a risk not worth taking.

Yeah but imagine how much more of the party life you're missing out if it turns out they were correct? So you're losing something just as much if you're wrong.

A better definition would be everything is a part, face, spirit of god, god is everywhere,

In other words... Your belief is god is the Matrix.

Before dad's tour in ME, I thought that Islam is a religion which fully supports to kill non-muslims, a terrorist religion. I also thought that all of muslims don't like us. But after that, my opinion changed a lot. Maybe it was the anger of fallen troops and 9/11 of course.

I understand 9/11 but anger of fallen troops? Your troops are there of your country's leaders. To prevent them from "falling", just don't send them half way across the planet to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom