What's new

What do you like about other religions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agnostic/Atheists are taking a risk not worth it when compared to their religious counterparts.

A religious person or a person who believes in god will lose probably nothing even if what he believes is not true, on the other hand atheists are taking a risk by choosing to follow reasoning and logic and there by refusing to believe with out proof that there is a god. he is not gaining any thing big if he is indeed right, but he has more to loose if he was wrong..So one may say it's a risk not worth taking.

In everyone means in everythng, even in your last post.:woot:

now this is the hight of stupidity even though i enjoyed your innocent joke

my post are just the rays of light and electrons and mangnetic arrangement of electrons, nothing more

If this dude smoked pot than we are friends, if he used naswar too than we are buddies :D

@Hyperion

Last edited by a moderator:
Agnostic/Atheists are taking a risk not worth it when compared to their religious counterparts.

A religious person or a person who believes in god will lose probably nothing even if what he believes is not true, on the other hand atheists are taking a risk by choosing to follow reasoning and logic and there by refusing to believe with out proof that there is a god. he is not gaining any thing big if he is indeed right, but he has more to loose if he was wrong..So one may say it's a risk not worth taking.
you just used 50 words to describe pascal's wager.. (issue with pascal's wager is.. it makes an assumption that god likes people who believe in him without evidence)

now this is the hight of stupidity even though i enjoyed your innocent joke

my post are just the rays of light and electrons and mangnetic arrangement of electrons, nothing more

I wish if you were this critical and rational about every thing.

That means your parents did not teach u the proper essen e of hinduism.

may be... it mostly consisted of ... pray to god asking for stuff... eat offerings made to god(my favourite bit).
And oh.. of course.. no beef.

you just used 50 words to describe pascal's wager.. (issue with pascal's wager is.. it makes an assumption that god likes people who believe in him without evidence)

yes you are right it's his theory which I put in my words.
not just believing but following the book/rules/rituals etc. I think this theory makes some sense in it's calculations/assumptions

yes you are right it's his theory which I put in my words.
not just believing but following the book/rules/rituals etc. I think this theory makes some sense in it's calculations/assumptions
It makes an assumption that god loves sycophants... it imposes human like attributes on god (like god is looking for human love or acceptance or acknlowgement, like a celestial dictator who loves his followers no matter how blind the reason may be) where as he/she might be interested in a rational/intelligent person... who arrives at incorrect conclusion but using the evidence available..

Also, not sure god will like people who hedges their bets... because god is all powerful, he will know if you are believing him not really, but by cold calculation. :)

It makes an assumption that god loves sycophants... it imposes human like attributes on god (like god is looking for human love or acceptance or acknlowgement, like a celestial dictator who loves his followers no matter how blind the reason may be) where as he/she might be interested in a rational/intelligent person... who arrives at incorrect conclusion but using the evidence available..

Also, not sure god will like people who hedges their bets... because god is all powerful, he will know if you are believing him not really, but by cold calculation. :)

I understand what you are saying but only problem is we don't know what's this god is like or what is character or what is his likes and dislikes if he really exists.I just hope that if god really exists, he is a person who likes rational persons and good human beings. :cheers:

Dude, he said all other religions are sh!t. That you think is acceptable on a forum ? This one statement is the reason why I told him to read forum rules.

yaar know who you are and where you are. You are the only person standing here with the jhanda of rules and appropriateness when even the mods have no probs!! @hinduguy only presented his point of view and i see no offence in that!
By the way if you are so worried about the forum rules and decorum don't forget to remind the rules to the guy with post no. #68. :lol:

Sikhism : Their sense of service. langars etc.. where even the rich and mighty don't consider it beneath them to clean shoes.

Islam: Disciplne. I sometimes wonder how they are able to convert even a bunch of motley crew into devout followers.

Hinduism: Peace. Tolerance. Live and let live. Focus on karma without any expectations. Geeta.

Christianity: Rum cake.

By the way won't anybody ask me what I don't like?? :cheesy:

P.S - @KRAIT no offence to you mate

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no concept of conversion in Hinduism and it's a good thing.

Pray tell me then what did the Bhakthi movement which was initiated by Adhi Sankara do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom