What's new

What do you do to cheer up when you are sad or depressed?

I'm actually in a bigger mess right now then just that ! :D

ICAP just issued a directive back in July that any audit firm registered with them (all are supposed to be by default to get the license to practice !) can't hire any foreign accountancy body's graduate as an audit trainee ! Which means ACCAs, ICAEWs, CIMAs, CPAs, Canadian CGAs - We're all pretty much foOked right now ! But most of all ACCAs ! Because I'm still on probation I'm not registered with either ACCA or ICAP as an audit trainee - I'm in limbo over here ! :D

God knows what the next 6 months hold ! Whether this decision is reversed or not because if it isn't my nearly 3 years of sweat and blood into ACCA counts for zilch !

Yara, that's the most ridiculous crap that ICAP has ever done! Have most of Pakistani institutes regressed in the past couple of years?

Yara, that's the most ridiculous crap that ICAP has ever done! Have most of Pakistani institutes regressed in the past couple of years?

Dunno...! Its pending, from what I've heard, with the Competition Commission of Pakistan ! If they overrule this decision as being 'monopolistic' then there is hope otherwise.....I honestly don't know what I or other ACCAs are supposed to do ? Pataa nahin maybe its a nudge in the right direction for me that, Ahmad - you hate accounting but you love finance, ditch the firm and continue with CFA earlier then planned and we'd see what the future holds.

Check out the Joke and funny from around the web sections :D

Dunno...! Its pending, from what I've heard, with the Competition Commission of Pakistan ! If they overrule this decision as being 'monopolistic' then there is hope otherwise.....I honestly don't know what I or other ACCAs are supposed to do ? Pataa nahin maybe its a nudge in the right direction for me that, Ahmad - you hate accounting but you love finance, ditch the firm and continue with CFA earlier then planned and we'd see what the future holds.
No. Don't do that. Always finish what you start, don't worry, I think ICAP will take it back. If not, there are hundreds of firms looking for "free meat" during the compulsory training period, I know a couple in UAE. CFA -> MBA/Finance route is full of mines, try to avoid it, as you'll have no fall-back position. If you had any other professional degree, then I'd say go for it, however, in your case I recommend to maintain your course!

i watch some old time classic cricket clips on you tube watch players like akram , imran , waqar bowling .. seriously helps distract

No. Don't do that. Always finish what you start, don't worry, I think ICAP will take it back. If not, there are hundreds of firms looking for "free meat" during the compulsory training period, I know a couple in UAE. CFA -> MBA/Finance route is full of mines, try to avoid it, as you'll have no fall-back position. If you had any other professional degree, then I'd say go for it, however, in your case I recommend to maintain your course!

Thanks...! I could always obtain exemptions and go for ICAP's CA program and continue on with this path ! In fact its what the managers at my firm recommend I do but right now my anger - nay, my ego, compels me not to 'tow the line' so to speak.

Ok, this one is on topic.

I had a a good friend who committed suicide three months back. She was 26, and had no problems in life, I mean NONE, whatsoever! The only thing I learned later from her friends @ work and her parents was that she was very sensitive.

It affected many in our group of friends in a very negative way. Before this particular incidence, I used to make fun of people who pretended to be having 'issues'. Now, whenever I see someone even remotely hinting about depression, I take the time out to speak to them.

Guys & gals, if you feel 'depressed' in any remote sense of the word, please seek professional help, or talk to near and dear ones. I wish I could have spoken more to my friend :cry:

my advice...

1) Eat or work out.

2) Listen to music or play if you have an instrument.

3) Log on to 'undisclosed' Forum... troll, but troll smartly

I'm sure many of you already practice the last option.

listen some good music or watch some good movie or show and busy myself in some activities to divert my attention from something making me sad. I also share my sadness with close friends and relatives :D

Seclude myself in gardening whilst contemplating the mysteries of the universe;and later, cup of tea...

Back
Top Bottom