What's new

What did Younis Khan exactly say?

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What did Younis Khan exactly say before match b/w Pak and India?.. Did any one hear his comments regd India should stay in the tournament? I didnt watch his prog (which is on air every day with Aamir Sohail, Mirza Iqbal Baig on PTV sports) a day before Indo Pak match....Read Ansar Abbasi's today's column in Jang..Heres the link:

Ansar abbasi – Kis say mansafi chahen – Younis khan aur bilawal zardari kay jhagray - Jang Columns

If Younis khan really did say exactly say this, as Ansar Abbasi said, then I am highly disappointed by it.. I had high respect for Younis khan..for his honesty and integrity....didnt expect him to say such a thing..

@farah what younis said?.... i cant read write urdu....

Ansar Abbasi, in this article has written, tht he heard Younis khan, a day or two before Indo Pak match saying tht ..maybe Pakistanis will not like what I say...but he feels tht India should stay in the tournament..and should not get out of this stage of the tournament, as it will not be good for cricket and tht sponsors will also have interest in this tournament as long as India is in the tournament...
This surprised me..as he should not have given such a statement being a Pakistani cricketer...and Younis khan is a patriotic Pakistani..thts why I asked whether someone here has heard Younis khan exactly saying this.. Maybe Younis khan said something else, and Ansar Abbasi might have misunderstood him...

yes i was also amazed by this comment. ansar abasi is very good and honest person he cant quote it wrong or with mirch masala.

Ansar Abbasi, in this article has written, tht he heard Younis khan, a day or two before Indo Pak match saying tht ..maybe Pakistanis will not like what I say...but he feels tht India should stay in the tournament..and should not get out of this stage of the tournament, as it will not be good for cricket and tht sponsors will also have interest in this tournament as long as India is in the tournament...
This surprised me..as he should not have given such a statement being a Pakistani cricketer...and Younis khan is a patriotic Pakistani..thts why I asked whether someone here has heard Younis khan exactly saying this.. Maybe Younis khan said something else, and Ansar Abbasi might have misunderstood him...

He is right if he meant so...

India provides 80% money to cricket so if india loose then cricket looses billion people market legal or illegal..

He is right if he meant so...

India provides 80% money to cricket so if india loose then cricket looses billion people market legal or illegal..

But he is a PAKISTANI cricketer..he shouldnt care for the money or sponsors.. His main priority and interest should be in Pakistan winning matches..not in financial matters.. He still plays for Pakistan..even if he was a retired cricketer..still he should not have said something like this.. His focus should be Pakistan, not money or sponsors

Infact what younis khan said is right.After india's exit 1.2 billion market is gone ie that forms the 80% cricket revenue. thats the only reason BCCI wields that money laathi in ICC. So from semifinal onwards only 20% or less revenue sponsors/telecasting channels gona get they are in for huge loss now.Thats the only reason everyone wants to play with india coz it generates revenue for their boards and thats the only reason PCB is hell bent on playing series with india.

But he is a PAKISTANI cricketer..he shouldnt care for the money or sponsors.. His main priority and interest should be in Pakistan winning matches..not in financial matters.. He still plays for Pakistan..even if he was a retired cricketer..still he should not have said something like this.. His focus should be Pakistan, not money or sponsors
cricket is money and money is cricket these days.none want to miss the gravy train.

Infact what younis khan said is right.After india's exit 1.2 billion market is gone ie that forms the 80% cricket revenue. thats the only reason BCCI wields that money laathi in ICC. So from semifinal onwards only 20% or less revenue sponsors/telecasting channels gona get they are in for huge loss now.Thats the only reason everyone wants to play with india coz it generates revenue for their boards and thats the only reason PCB is hell bent on playing series with india.

So basically u mean that BCCI blackmails the ICC through Money.

@farah thanks.... I think he shouldnt had said that.... However what he said is the truth.... If india stays than more money pours.... But that should not be an excuse for india to stay.... Performence is important.... Younis khan my most favorite cricketer because he down to earth and always had special corner for india. I have seen his few interviews and he speak from heart.... Thanks again farah....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom