What's new

Waqar Younis says Rizwan offering Namaz in front of Hindus during Indo-Pak match was special; apologises after row

He's tendered an apology, it's ok, but what a dumb thing to say. Waqar, Wasim, Inzy, Saeed Anwar, Shoaib et all have a huge fan following in India. Things are pretty bad as is, these big names really should not be adding fuel to the fire.

He's tendered an apology, it's ok, but what a dumb thing to say. Waqar, Wasim, Inzy, Saeed Anwar, Shoaib et all have a huge fan following in India. Things are pretty bad as is, these big names really should not be adding fuel to the fire.
That 90s tundler called him a jihadi which basically means a terrorist
A damn terrorist!

For saying something dumb like he prayed in front of Hindus
Which is stupid at best but not overtly malliscous in nature

I don't what that midget and sehwak are saying, I didn't check but it's probably crude too I guess

Chandigarh, October 27

Former Pakistan pacer Waqar Younis on Wednesday apologised for his comment that Mohammad Rizwan offering Namaz during India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup 2021 clash 'in front of Hindus was special'.

The former Pakistan pacer tendered an apology through his official Twitter account and said: "In the heat of the moment, I said something which I did not mean which has hurt the sentiments of many. I apologise for this, this was not intended at all, a genuine mistake."

Younis had sparked a controversy on Tuesday when he, on a Pakistani news channel, said that watching Pakistani opener Mohammad Rizwan offering namaz “in front of Hindus was very special to him”.

Chandigarh, October 27

Former Pakistan pacer Waqar Younis on Wednesday apologised for his comment that Mohammad Rizwan offering Namaz during India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup 2021 clash 'in front of Hindus was special'.

The former Pakistan pacer tendered an apology through his official Twitter account and said: "In the heat of the moment, I said something which I did not mean which has hurt the sentiments of many. I apologise for this, this was not intended at all, a genuine mistake."

Younis had sparked a controversy on Tuesday when he, on a Pakistani news channel, said that watching Pakistani opener Mohammad Rizwan offering namaz “in front of Hindus was very special to him”.
Harsha Bhogle called Waqar Younis's statement “dangerous” and said that the cricket world needed to be united and not divided by religion.
I never thought Waqar has this fanatic side to him...waqar,wasim and shoaib always came across as decent human beings....sorry to see how religion has percolated the thoughts and hearts of people in pakistan.

What ye sow - ye shall reap....

That 90s tundler called him a jihadi which basically means a terrorist
A damn terrorist!

For saying something dumb like he prayed in front of Hindus
Which is stupid at best but not overtly malliscous in nature

I don't what that midget and sehwak are saying, I didn't check but it's probably crude too I guess
No idea who called him a jihadi, what/who when was this ?

Sorry but it is kind of malicious to say a thing like, spl given the broader context of everything.. but it's fine, people make mistakes, move on.

No idea who called him a jihadi, what/who when was this ?

Sorry but it is kind of malicious to say a thing like, spl given the broader context of everything.. but it's fine, people make mistakes, move on.
You know that tundler parsad something,

while both Gautam and Varinder are going Ott some on PDF are saying it's anti-muslim but honestly I don't know, I haven't seen the specific thing

I mean I get it, it's stupid and maybe a bit malliscous too (in the broader context not on face value) but response is also crazy

I mean calling an almost atg level guy a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer is another extreme

Chandigarh, October 27

Chandigarh, October 27

Harsha Bhogle called Waqar Younis's statement “dangerous” and said that the cricket world needed to be united and not divided by religion.
I never thought Waqar has this fanatic side to him...waqar,wasim and shoaib always came across as decent human beings....sorry to see how religion has percolated the thoughts and hearts of people in pakistan.

just goes to show he is a bigot, there are better pakistanis representing pakistan than him.
Cheers!

just goes to show he is a bigot, there are better pakistanis representing pakistan than him.
Cheers!
he would had been a bigot if he didn't apologized just like many Indians...he realized his slip of tongue and apologized with in 24 hours.....else he would had remained silent...and things would had moved on.
He's tendered an apology, it's ok, but what a dumb thing to say

Yes it was a dumb comment and was not expected from him either as in the past, he hasn't spoken any thing like this. Good that he immediately realized his mistake and rather on twitter, he apologized live on TV as well. People at times passes loose comments just for the sake of it, or in the heat moment. Remember late Dean Jones called Hashim Amla a terrorist live on commentary because of his beard but later apologized it which was accepted. He didn't lost his fan base in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Why Apologize ?

I think the apology was the right thing.

Rizwan prayed Namaz for the sake of Allah swt, not as a giant FU to Indian fans or Hindus.

Waqar in his comments portrayed it as an act of courage/defiance because he was praying on the pitch. That in itself might be inaccurate, but not offensive.

By then adding Hindus, he added a religious twist which was potentially offensive.

As disgusting as our neighbours are, we should try not to be like them.

he would had been a bigot if he didn't apologized just like many Indians...he realized his slip of tongue and apologized with in 24 hours.....else he would had remained silent...and things would had moved on.

its the thought process that counts.

Once a bigot is always a bigot.

Deal with it you RSS maniacs.

LOL at the end of the day Pakistan won and India lost in a humiliating fashion. Now the Indians are begging Afghans to beat the Kiwis LOL

90% of indians are tolerant, thats why islam is still thriving in India.

No, not anymore. Under BJP, Indian state has formalized laws against Muslims. One simple example is eating beef. P.S. Islam will thrive anyways because its the matter of heart and faith.

Back
Top Bottom