What's new

What countries are China's major allies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, dude. All you said above maybe WAS a fact, but unfortunately it is a fact of the past. I am a native Chinese as well as a average Chinese, so let me make some explaination here.(perhaps firstly you shall tolerate my no fluent English in here. I would try my best to express myslef. thanks!)

In the past years, although China and India had a border conflict in 1962, the Chinese government still give its people plenty of postive propaganda and reports about India, not forgetting the praise to the acient India in the history textbook. When I was young, It was a fact that avearge Chinese people know a little more about India than Pakistan. Although our government have beening standing with Pakistan and supporting Pakistan government during the war between India and Pakistan, our government still did not tell more storys to its people in this regard. so your comment such like "only your government supports. The public doesn't give one bit about Pakistan." is partly right. Because our government do not want to do something harmful to two countries relationship in the long run, especially our government do want to do anything will lead to kind of Chinese people's feeling of dislike or even hatred towards India people.

On the other hand, you see, India and Pakistan was one country. So today's India is somewhat the representative of old India, I mean the colony India. So it is natural that we Chinese people was familiar with "India" more than "Pakistan". Do you know the Indian doctor kedihua? He is the greatest friend , precisely a HERO, of we Chinese people. He is the symbol of the friendship between China and India nowadays. And as long as our country's leaders visit India, they must call on his relatives. Alough we call him "Indian" doctor kedihua, In my opinion he represented today's Pakistan people as well. After all India and Pakistan was once one nation. And today's India inherits the old India.

As I grew up, after I learned self reading and self thinking, I gradually knew what Pakistan is. I started to know what a brotherly country the Pakistan is, all time.

With today's China's rapid economic and nation's power's growth, more and more un-government communication exchanges and contacts between China and Pakistan people is happening. It not only at the two government's level but also at the folk level. When I studied on campus, I met with Pakistan student studying in China; when I started to work in business, I cooperated with Pakistan clients. When the unfortunately earthquake happened in Sichuan province in 2008, the great country Pakistan IS the one of the two countries( the other one is Russia) which did their best to help the victims of the shake. We know that Pakistan is not a big country like US or some Western developed countries, but it still gave us all it had, at any cost. It really impressed we Chinese people. And from then on, the whole Chinese people began to lean our brotherly neighbor Pakistan more deeply and fully. That is why in the 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony, the athlet representative of Pakistan team received the most enthusiastic cheers and applause from the whole Chinese audience in the stadium, the bird's nest.

So I can prove that your conclusion above is wrong, is outdate.:smitten:

Hi Cherryerror,
Of all the Chinese on this website, only you know how to put things out. Your English is not excellent, but it is surely very good - A rarity among all Asians. I very much appreciate your well balanced post in favoring Pakistan/Pakistanis. I hope you do not take my comments negatively merely because I am an Indian.
Cheers.:cheers:

P.S. By the way, do you know who was Qutan Xida/瞿昙悉达?

Last edited:
Hi, dude. All you said above maybe WAS a fact, but unfortunately it is a fact of the past. I am a native Chinese as well as a average Chinese, so let me make some explaination here.(perhaps firstly you shall tolerate my no fluent English in here. I would try my best to express myslef. thanks!)

Hehe, not wrong at all in capturing the sentiment, cherryerror. BTW greetings cherryerror - does your alias mean "never wrong" (in a "poetic" sense) or is it after some cartoon thing? Just curious - I have been cut off from mainland "pop culture" for some time now.

All in all, peace in South Asia starts with peace between Pakistan and India - everything else will follow as the chips have nowhere else to fall.

Just so we are clear: it does seem that the "hoity-toity" Nehru and the Congress Party sent Dr. Kotnis in the 1930s ... Therefore, old man Nehru really wasn't all bad, except for the part about carrying on with Mrs. Mountbatten.

Heck even that - I am not sure why it was bad :azn: The "Lord" himself didn't mind ...

Anyways, India was one of the first countries that recognized the PRC - for whatever its worth. And from what we know, they were in fact quite :smitten: with the CCP for the "go-for-bust" Korean War ...

In all fairness - it won't make me popular for saying this among those who wear the PRC flags - but then given my "immense" popularity to begin with, it can't get any worse anyways.

The PRC definitely made a "bad impression" on the people of India in the way it dealt with Tibet and Tibet's upper class. You should not entirely blame Nehru, who, not through his fault, was born "upper class" for suddenly turning "chauvinist" and conjuring up this provocative "forward" policy out of the blue.

His policy may have been "reckless" for India at the time, but can we really say his alarm was entirely unfounded?

It behooves all of us to think hard, and we'll say no mo.

:cheers:

P.S. By the way, do you know who was Qutan Xida/瞿昙悉达?

Dunno about cherryerror, but I sure confess I had no idea who he was until just now - after I googled. Appreciate you filling a void in my otherwise excellent knowledge base!

Just kidding - about my excellent knowledge base of course.

Always glad to learn something new :tup:

:cheers:

What countries, if any, does China have treaties of mutual defense obligation? Are there any countries that China has agreed to help to defend against attack and vice versa? Isn't this the true measure of an ally?

Does not want China to think to be the same with US, if China forms an alliance defends together, the opposition is an American first!

In the past years, although China and India had a border conflict in 1962, the Chinese government still give its people plenty of postive propaganda and reports about India, not forgetting the praise to the acient India in the history textbook. When I was young, It was a fact that avearge Chinese people know a little more about India than Pakistan. Although our government have beening standing with Pakistan and supporting Pakistan government during the war between India and Pakistan, our government still did not tell more storys to its people in this regard. so your comment such like "only your government supports. The public doesn't give one bit about Pakistan." is partly right. Because our government do not want to do something harmful to two countries relationship in the long run, especially our government don't want to do anything will lead to kind of Chinese people's feeling of dislike or even hatred towards India people.

On the other hand, you see, India and Pakistan was one country. So today's India is somewhat the representative of old India, I mean the colony India. So it is natural that we Chinese people was familiar with "India" more than "Pakistan". Do you know the Indian doctor kedihua? He is the greatest friend , precisely a HERO, of we Chinese people. He is the symbol of the friendship between China and India nowadays. And as long as our country's leaders visit India, they must call on his relatives. Alough we call him "Indian" doctor kedihua, In my opinion he represented today's Pakistan people as well. After all India and Pakistan was once one nation. And today's India inherits the old India.

As I grew up, after I learned self reading and self thinking, I gradually knew what Pakistan is. I started to know what a brotherly country the Pakistan is, all time.

With today's China's rapid economic and nation's power's growth, more and more un-government communication exchanges and contacts between China and Pakistan people is happening. It not only at the two government's level but also at the folk level. When I studied on campus, I met with Pakistan students studying in China; when I started to work in business, I cooperated with Pakistan clients. When the unfortunate earthquake happened in Sichuan province in 2008, the great country Pakistan IS the one of the two countries( the other one is Russia) which did their best to help the victims of the shake. We know that Pakistan is not a big country like US or some Western developed countries, but it still gave us all it had, at any cost. It really impressed we Chinese people. And from then on, the whole Chinese people began to learn our brotherly neighbor Pakistan more deeply and fully. That is why in the 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony, the athlet representative of Pakistan team received the most enthusiastic cheers and applause from the whole Chinese audience in the stadium, the bird's nest.

So I can prove that your conclusion above is wrong, is outdate.:smitten:

If India can reason, he with China be able to be the very good friend, the Indian government did not look that this, ancient India has a buddhist priest to China, brought the Buddhism culture, both countries has the very deep exchange in the history! Why today can't? India invades the Chinese territory also to be hostile toward China!

Pakistan is the closest ally of China ,you want to know why
Here are some of the major things Pakistan and China have done for eachother

1) Pakistan was one of the first country to recognize PRC after Taiwan issue
2)Pakistan supports China on the issues of Taiwan and Tibet
3)PIA was the first international airline to Fly to China
4)According to Pew survey 84% of Pakistani's believe China is their strongest ally and they had favorable few of China .which makes Pakistan a most pro-China country in the whole world

5)2008 During the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, Pakistan almost emptied its national storage of tents to support China.

1) China strongly supported Pakistan's opposition to Soviet involvement in Afghanistan

2) China strongly supports Pakistan on Kashmir issue

3) China provided Pakistan with imidiate military supply after US embargo

Apart from this both countries have free trade agreement and JV on various defence equipments
4)When a US delegate once confronted a Chinese diplomat about Beijing's uncompromising and unconditioned support for Pakistan, the Chinese reportedly responded with a heavily-loaded sarcastic remark by saying "Pakistan is our Israel"

Now conclusion is upto you :azn:

1) Pakistan was the first country to recognize PRC after Taiwan issue

Wrong. The first nation to recognize PRC was Soviet Union, it was than followed by other communist country.

India recognize PRC on April 1, 1950 while recognize same after a year on May 21, 1951.

Well with China's rising power, alot of countries wants to be on it's side, even the USA. So China technically has alot of Allies but China mainly wants to focus on Allying itself with East Asia, Sotuh-East Asia and South Asian countries.

:china:

Pakistan is the closest ally of China ,you want to know why
Here are some of the major things Pakistan and China have done for eachother

1) Pakistan was the first country to recognize PRC after Taiwan issue
2)Pakistan supports China on the issues of Taiwan and Tibet
3)PIA was the first international airline to Fly to China
4)According to Pew survey 84% of Pakistani's believe China is their strongest ally and they had favorable few of China .which makes Pakistan a most pro-China country in the whole world

5)2008 During the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, Pakistan almost emptied its national storage of tents to support China.

1) China strongly supported Pakistan's opposition to Soviet involvement in Afghanistan

2) China strongly supports Pakistan on Kashmir issue

3) China provided Pakistan with imidiate military supply after US embargo

Apart from this both countries have free trade agreement and JV on various defence equipments
4)When a US delegate once confronted a Chinese diplomat about Beijing's uncompromising and unconditioned support for Pakistan, the Chinese reportedly responded with a heavily-loaded sarcastic remark by saying "Pakistan is our Israel"

Now conclusion is upto you :azn:

I disagree with the bold parts. By and large China was neutral in both cases....

And they strongest ally is not Pakistan, its North Korea...

I disagree with the bold parts. By and large China was neutral in both cases....

The points i highlighted are taken from a research article and its not my personal opinion .You can argue day and night :cheers::cheers:

:no: surely from most mainland chinese forums, North Korea has been rated the 'worst' and most 'useless' ally of China under current international environment.

See? It is hard to fathom the sheer +9g turns that some of our members here take ever so often. China is Pakistan's closest ally........no wait now it aint.........OMG now it is again!
Then they tell 'A' what 'A' is and what 'A' thinks. Oh wise 'keyboard career diplomats' advise us both on what our relationship is like.....it was you who opened up my eyes to the utter treachery we have faced on the hands of the Chinese.....The Chinese have always come through for us, always stood right by us, always helped us when everyone of our 'allies' abandoned us......I mean what sort of a friend is that!?! Certainly not a good one, right? How dare they start eye-ing our warm water ports at a time when they didnt even have any ships to anchor there!!! The audacity! We both were such fools believing that we were friends!.........(psssssssssst.....whats up with the China Pakistan alliance fixation boys? I cant understand........oh wait I got it! A little insecure we are eh......? Dont worry I wont tell the Pakistanis or the Chinese and I bet they are too blind to figure it out for themselves....... *wink wink* ;) )
Then they sit around viewing the world through their glass beer mugs. No wonder wars seem like bar brawls to them. 'Dude I just had a fist fight with that bloody tard over there! Where the F'in hell were you?'
How many of these respected members of ours understand what happens in wars and/or what happened in those wars that they have mentioned? 'Why didnt China send its troops to Kargil?' just about made me pee my pants laughing!

I love you guys you make this forum fun! Seriously! :D

To our Chinese brethren here:
Mates we got your back. You can count on us in rain, sleet or a bloody snow blizzard coming straight from hell. Let the jackals debate alliances, we will practice brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom