What's new

What countries are China's major allies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to long term development in international relations, it is obvious that:

Major current allies:
- Pakistan
- Russia
- Israel
- Turkey
- Kazakhstan
- Serbia

Future major allies (most likely, but we'll have to see):
- India
- Brazil
- South Korea (massive economic investment and cooperation)
- Mexico (ties in with US-China economic relations)

Friendly relations & international partners (but not necessarily allies):
- Germany
- EU (as a general)
- Italy
- UK
- France (through Russia)
- Spain
- Vietnam

1. Pakistan
  2. Burma
  3. North Korea
  4. Sudan
  5. Isreal
  6. Iran (Under develope)
  7. Srilanka (Under develope)
  8. Bangladesh (Under develope)
  9. Turkey (Under develope)
  10. Kazakhstan (Under develope)
  11. Serbia (Under develope)
  12. Ukraine (Under develope)

I think:
1, Pakistan
2, Russian
3, Thailand
4, Kazakhstan
5, Kyrgyzstan
6, Tajikistan
7, North Korea
8, Belarus
9, Sri Lanka
10, Myanmar

Current: North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikstan, Nigeria, Myanmar, Ukraine, Serbia, Belarus
Potential (near): Israel, Iran, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Turkey
Potential (far): Vietnam, India, Myanmar
Strategic and selective cooperation, no strategic conflicts: Australia, EU, Arab States, Thailand, Phillipines
Rivals and competitors: US, Japan, South Korea

Japan and especially South Korea are direct competitors to China in almost all economic fields. US is a direct military threat to China though only 15% of its industries compete with ours.

Nobel peace prize: Who is boycotting the ceremony
Russia, Kazakhstan, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Egypt, Sudan, Cuba and Morocco.
these countries is china allies

Nobel peace prize: Who is boycotting the ceremony
Russia, Kazakhstan, Algeria, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Iran, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Egypt, Sudan, Cuba and Morocco.
these countries is china allies

If you look at this list (+ N.Korea), considering history, interests, geopolitical, I would say that China has only one true, dependable friend/ally - Pakistan.

Russian? Not really. Watching China's growing economic and military power, Russian internally has fear about China because it is afraid that someday China may take its land back. For this reason, as you can see, Russian didn't sell the same version of jet fighter to China as it sold to India. Russian does not hesitate to sell some weapons to countries (such as Vietnam) around China. The purpose is almost the same as US, that is, to use other country against China.

N. Korea? It is not true friend of China at all. Just look at history and now, does it ever think about China's interests? No. It started Korea War abruptly, not listen to China's important advices and thus was almost wiped out. It was because the Korea War which delayed China's reunifaction process. Today's N. Korea is not much different than its old one. Just look how it did thing abnormally, which basically give US and Japan execuses to increase their presence in the region. Here is my prediction. N. Korea will like Vietnam, if oneday it becomes stronger, it will forget all the sacrefice did by China and Chinese people. Both North and South Korea are just whining ones, leave them alone to see if they will really fight to death. Let me tell you, they will not.

Where the love for little Albania? It and Pakistan were the only ones to attend China's national day parade through the early 60's when the China was shunned by the west and abandoned by the Soviet Bloc.

Also I'd consider Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to be pretty important strategic allies.

Aren't members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation considered allies?
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India and pakistan are both observers. Are we counted.

Argue with me on this but India and china are sorta allied. We support eachother when the developed world tries irrational bullying.
We are huge trade partners. We're the asian giants for gods sake. Eventually when the strategic paranoia dies down (I agree India is to blame for this).. We will be allies in the complete sense of the word.

Argue with me on this but India and china are sorta allied. We support eachother when the developed world tries irrational bullying.
We are huge trade partners. We're the asian giants for gods sake. Eventually when the strategic paranoia dies down (I agree India is to blame for this).. We will be allies in the complete sense of the word.

Yeah but there's trust problems.

There is just so much hatred on every side. The paranoia is worse for both India and Pakistan than it is for China. We don't import many weapons. Manufacturing weapons ourselves has a booster effect on parts of the economy. India and Pakistan both import significant weapons, especially from the West at market price. This has the effect of slowing down both economy's growths.

If it was not for Pakistan and India's mutual hatred, India could become south asia's China and Pakistan could've become south asia's Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom