What's new

What comes first?Nation or religion?

What comes first?

• Nation

Votes: 112 62.6%
  • Religion

Votes: 67 37.4%

• Total voters
our idealogy was defined by our Quaid .. i wil look for what was his vision and what he wanted us to be , one thing for sure brother it wasnt religion.
Quaid Pakistan's is long dead!This nation was taken over by extremist bigots during 80's.Delusional Pakistanis think that Islam exist in Pakistan only and everyone else is infidel and that we muslims are holy cows - every one is liberal fascist and evil you know.

For me my Nation comes first.. when I am out of my country people refer me as Indian and that makes one of my identity.. If my country needs me then I can go against my religion.. same as Bhagat Singh did..

My religion is My Country - Its the religion which creates bonding n togetherness else is a Division (My view)

Humanity, then country, then religion.

If one believes in humanity first, he/she will never earn bad karma in the name of country or religion. Just my 2 cents on it :D

To all my dear countrymen, don't forget why Pakistan came into being. Read the following verse:

Qaum Mazhab se hai, Mazhab jo nahi, tum bhi nahi,
Jazb-e-baham bhi nahi, mehfil-e-anjum bhi nahi
- Jawab-e-Shikwa by Allama Muhammad Iqbal (Shair-e-Mashriq)

Translation:
The nation exists on the Deen (Faith), you cease to exist if the Deen does not exist,
(Just as) Without mutual attraction, the assembly of stars does not exist.
- Reply to the Remonstrance by Sir Muhammad Iqbal (Poet of the East)

This was the spirit in which Pakistan was created.

the religion for me coz we made our country on religion bass ALLAH gave me my beloved country, so i'll give my life for my religion and then i'll die for my country inshaALLAH

<(_|_)| AKBAR

:pakistan:

the religion for me coz we made our country on religion bass ALLAH gave me my beloved country, so i'll give my life for my religion and then i'll die for my country inshaALLAH

<(_|_)| AKBAR

And what about other social groups in Pakistan,who are non-muslims?
Though they are a minority,then you won't consider them as a Pakistan would you?
And maybe you ll consider Indian muslim your brother?
So religion as a priority,in my view makes no sense.

If the question was, what comes first, God or Nation...........I am most on both side of border would have said God. To say religion ( personal choice & preference) is superior to nation is quiet stupid as all religion has many subsets and if everybody sticks to their sub sets there would be many more nations born overnight.
I think a lot of people thought it's neither religion, nor nation but languanage is more important and a country was born called Bangladesh. There are still people clamouring that ethnicity is more importnat than religion or nation and God knows what it will result in future.........
Moral of the story is>>>>>>>Nation should be always presented as superior else consequences would be similar......learn from recent history.

Though they are a minority,then you won't consider them as a Pakistan would you?
Your conclusion is illogical. He stated that his religion comes first, and since Allah has blessed him with his country, he loves his country. Nowhere did he say that he does not consider non-Muslims Pakistani. And yes, an Indian Muslim is his brother, regardless of whether the Indian thinks the same way or not.

You're trying to twist what he said to serve your ends. Don't do that.
That's your opinion and you are entitles to it. If you thought anything else, it would defeat the idea of the secular Republic of India, therefore, you have no choice. You have to believe what you believe.

On first seeing this thread I thought what a no-brainer this is..?

But i was absolutely surprised to see so many ppl choosing religion over the nation..

I mean WTF...though it was not so much surprising as to who chose the religion and who went for the nation.

P.S.: For me my nation - INDIA - anyday..see my signature.

my dear frnd u cant imagine abt a Pakistani middle class people's thinks :)

for a muslim religion 1st for every thing ,,,,,,,,

ican give my life for my country but i can give every thing for my ISLAM :) yeh hamari such hai

aur hamare liye yeh such bohot achi hia

i m not talking abt a rich member of this forum
:)

<(_|_)|AKBAR

Last edited:
Your conclusion is illogical. He stated that his religion comes first, and since Allah has blessed him with his country, he loves his country. Nowhere did he say that he does not consider non-Muslims Pakistani. And yes, an Indian Muslim is his brother, regardless of whether the Indian thinks the same way or not.

You're trying to twist what he said to serve your ends. Don't do that.

That's your opinion and you are entitles to it. If you thought anything else, it would defeat the idea of the secular Republic of India, therefore, you have no choice. You have to believe what you believe.

This idea of mixing the state and religion to me, is illogical..

Ok lets consider a hypothetical scenario...where Iran (or for that matter any other muslim) country wages a war against Pakistan...who would you support then ..your country or your religious counterparts in the enemy country??

or

If most Pakistanis did put religion at higher pedestal then nation itself...then most Pakistan would not have fighting a US war against those of same religion ie Taliban...or supporting US invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq (first gulf war).

my dear frnd u cant imagine abt a middle class person's thinks of Pakistan :)

for a muslim religion 1st for every thing ,,,,,,,,

ican give my life for my country but i can give every thing for my ISLAM :) yeh hamari such hai

aur hamare liye yeh such bohot achi hia

i m not talking abt a reach member of this forum
:)

<(_|_)|AKBAR

Barkat rich member par hai kyonki woh samajhdar hain......

GOD can take care of himself, I just need to take care of my father, mother, brothers, sons.....People who create unrest in civil soceity by shouting that the religion is in danger are very smart.........people like you are stupid to fall for their solganeering and end up losing your life and in the process your family is deprived of your abilities and your social state remain poor in society.

When will people understand that GOD is OMNIPOTENT and it does not need anyone to protect itself. Protect yourself, your parents and GOD will be happy.

I think I am talking to brainwashed people...anyway........forget it..

Back
Top Bottom