What's new

What class should the Type 001A belong to?

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
The Admiral Kuznetsov class or the Liaoning class?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Neither, since both are of similar config. PLAN has got one training vessel - CV16 - doesn't need another one for this purpose.

Neither, since both are of similar config. PLAN has got one training vessel - CV16 - doesn't need another one for this purpose.

I think the western military intelligence will still label the Type 001A as the Admiral Kuznetsov class, since they always love to paint China as the uncreative copycat.

I think the western military intelligence will still label the Type 001A as the Admiral Kuznetsov class, since they always love to paint China as the uncreative copycat.

Just continue to ignore them. Like in space/missile tech, jet tech, the important thing is capability in fundamental science and industrial engineering. On CV/CVN tech, let's see if there are breakthroughs on material science, EMALS and UAV.

Without these, I don't think PLAN will build another CV16-like system, it's waste of resources.

In China,
CV16 == type001-class
CV17 == type001A-calss

In West, they maybe
CV16/CV17 == Admiral Kuznetsov class

I think this commemorative coin from the 150th anniversary of the JN shipyard has leaked the Type 003 to everybody.

The island looks very small without the funnel, and it looks like a nuclear supercarrier.

The Type 002 could be just a warm up for the JN shipyard, and their goal is to build the Type 003.

The JN shipyard will start the first Type 002 by 2016, then by 2018, the DL shipyard will also start the second Type 002.

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom