What's new

China to build 2 aircraft carrier worth $9 billion dollar

how do you count the 8 years?
and the article said it targets to form 3 CBGs around 2020?you people are genius, first about the cost, then the time for completion and then the bragging of usa's construction! :cheesy::o:
You repeated what he said. And he didn't brag.

US has vast experience of building AC.

how do you count the 8 years?
and the article said it targets to form 3 CBGs around 2020?
you people are genius, first about the cost, then the time for completion and then the bragging of usa's construction! :cheesy::o:

and here comes boasting..did I bragged anywhere about anything??it generally takes some 8 years to make a Ac(from designing to commission) or more.now,you jumping about USA,who have some 93 years of experience of making Carrier.. :disagree: but even then,they takes some 7+ years to make the first ship and comissioned,even if we discard the drawing phase.if you're an engineer,you could understand the reason easily.but I don't think thats what you're.

You repeated what he said. And he didn't brag.

US has vast experience of building AC.

USA has experience, true but it doesnt mean it will take China 8 years to build one aircraft carrier
Read between the lines and if you dont know Oldman1 read his previous posts

If we'll start building them in 2014~15 then estimated time of launching will be around 2017 then commissioing in around 2020 alongside other vessels forming the CBGs

USA has experience, true but it doesnt mean it will take China 8 years to build one aircraft carrier
Read between the lines and if you dont know Oldman1 read his previous posts

If we'll start building them in 2014~15 then estimated time of launching will be around 2017 then commissioing in around 2020 alongside other vessels forming the CBGs

and I think you didn't read my reply of OLDMAN1's post.lead ship always take significant time to make than same class later.I'm not making any assumption about China's building capacity,I'm stating a real life fact.and the very reason is quite understandable.you've to start from a scratch and have to face multiple challenges before making it.but next ships of that class will take significantly less time due to the fact that already you've gained valuable experience of making the same kind of ship before.

as for making a AC within 3 years,its an ambitious plan.even if we discard planning and designing phases,it takes some 4 years just to build.so,I think China already started to build the ACs for few years now,if not more.

Last edited:
that means they already started to build it???because,generally,it takes around 8 years to make an Aircraft Carrier.as the target to make operational both of them within 2020,that means the parallel construction already started and maybe half work done already.right??

the conceptual Ac design shows some kind of hybrid which sports both Catobar as well as Ski-Ramp.but most likely,its not going to be.plus,as take off problem of J-15 has surfaced(which couldn't take off with more than 2 ton payload),shouldn't you guys go for a Catobar one,than relying on Ski-Jump??whats your thoughts,chinese members??
We just have to wait for more details.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom