What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

the lyrics are from a poem by the 18th century indian poet, mir taqi mir,

Shah g is considered to be the sovereign of Urdu language:tup:
raikhta k tmhi usttad nahi ho Ghalib
kehat hain aglay zamany m koi Mir b tha

Shah g is considered to be the sovereign of Urdu language:tup:
raikhta k tmhi usttad nahi ho Ghalib
kehat hain aglay zamany m koi Mir b tha

This reminds me one of the quote from upcoming movie of Fahad and Iman. Mah e Meer.

"Hum yeh to nahi kehte Ke galib kehta tha ya Meer kehta tha, hum to kehte Hain Ke Meer kehta hai". :)
@jamahir

"dikhaai diye yoon, ke bekhud kiya" is one of my favorite songs

Ok this is one of my favorite too by Lata. What a brilliant poetry and she absolutely did justice with the lyrics. Love it.

Let me guess, you're not Pakistani. Are you?
They are Pakistani actors. Iman mainly famous for her beauty, fahad for many reasons. :)
Nae jnb vo Bt naw hain I don't have any kind of interest in dramas or desi movies

This reminds me one of the quote from upcoming movie of Fahad and Iman. Mah e Meer.

"Hum yeh to nahi kehte Ke galib kehta tha ya Meer kehta tha, hum to kehte Hain Ke Meer kehta hai". :)
@jamahir

Ok this is one of my favorite too by Lata. What a brilliant poetry and she absolutely did justice with the lyrics. Love it.
She sure knows how to fiddle with one,s emaan :P

Omg yes I love the lyrics and the lady is so adorable in it. Nai? There's another song I can't recall it. Ugh' its Lata's song and filmed in a desert. That's all I can tell. :p

She sure knows how to fiddle with one,s emaan :P

HAHAHAH. :D well you're a guy and you can tell about it better. And yeah control and keep your iman strong lol

one of my fav from old is gold collection

sirf ehsas ha yea rooh se mehsos karoo
pyaar ko pyaar he rehne do kohee naam na do

[video]
[/video]

"dikhaai diye yoon, ke bekhud kiya" is one of my favorite songs that i don't remember if i first heard on radio ( the 'vividh bharti' fm service of 'all india radio' ) or from watching the film ( bazaar, which is about oppressive parents ) on tv.

yesterday i had put two lines from the song as my status and i thought why not post the song here... those two lines are "bohot aarzu thi gali ki teri, so yaan se lahu me naha kar chale" meaning "to be in your street was my long desire, and so i came but departed bathed in blood" :

Bazaar - Dikhayii Diye Yun Ke Bekhud Kii Yaad Hamein - Lata Mangeshkar - YouTube

there are a few people who have covered this song on youtube and one particularly nice ( though i have not heard the others but sensed this was good ) was this lady, shailly kapoor :

Dikhai diye yoon ke bekhud kiya by Shailly Kapoor - YouTube

the lyrics are from a poem by the 18th century indian poet, mir taqi mir, and from the "urduwallahs" website i post the english translation whose order is not matched to the song but you will get the sense of it :

Faqiraana aaye sadaa kar chale, Miyaan khush raho hum dua kar chale.
Mendicant like i came and part Praying that you be blessed.

Jo tujh bin jeene ko kahte the hum, So is ahd ko ab wafa kar chale.
Without you i will not live Behold, this pledge i now redeem

Koi naumidana karte nigah, so tum ham se munh bhi chippa kar chale.
An unhopeful glance i could have cast, But you hid your face walking me past.

Bahut aarzoo thi gali ki teri, So yaan se lahu mein naha kar chale.
To visit your street, i deeply wished, I leave it bathed in blood.

Dikhai diye yun ke bekhud kiya, Humen aap se bhi juda kar chale.
with just a glimpse, you left me entranced, estranged from self, i have been since.

Jabin sijda karte hi karte gayi, haq-e-bandagi ham ada kar chale.
A long obeisance was my life, My debt of homage i have paid.

Parastash ki yaan taeen ke ai but tujhe, Nazr mein sabhon ki khuda kar chale
I adored you,love, so deep and true, That people took you for god.​

My favorite plus Ae Dil-e-Nadaan :man_in_love:

right... so your quarrel is ended, i gather. :D

A mis-understandng!

Back
Top Bottom