What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

1. 'yaad piya ki aaye'... inspired by the subcontinental/hindustani classical music postings of @IrbiS , yesterday i was searching for a particular short song performed by the wadali brothers at the end of a tv show ( i think a indian punjab show ) and this i had watched some months ago... and in the search i found the classic song 'yaad piya ki aaye' that i knew as a background song in the fine hindi film 'prahaar' ( attack ), sung by the indian female singer, shobha gurtu... the song actually turns out to be originally composed and sung by bade ghulam ali khan perhaps 60 years ago and he seems to have composed it because of the death of his wife ( according to internet )... below is the wadali brothers version... it is a nicely modernized one :

Yaad piya ki aye - YouTube

2. 'yaad piya ki aaye'... this time by a pretty and rather charming indian female classical singer, kaushiki chakrabarthy... i have never been to a desi classical music or sufi music concert but it would be nice to begin my foray in a concert by her ( :D ) :

Yaad Piya ki Aaye by Kaushiki Chakravarthy - YouTube

3. 'bhor bhaye panghat pe'... irbis may know that this song used in the hindi film 'satyam shivam sundaram' actually was composed by bade ghulam ali khan... below is a live performance of it ( or lip-sync?? ) by the beautiful indian singer, shreya ghoshal, who is not only singing but dancing and giving such nice expressions :

Shreya Ghoshal - Bhor Bhaye Panghat Pe - YouTube

4. the self-declarative title of the serial from which comes the second song posted by @DesertFox97 just above my post reminded me of a nice song 'main abdul qadir hoon' from a pakistani serial of the same name that was told to me by @Zibago... the nice song depicts the serial's protagonist transforming from a naive nerd to a wayward fellow spoilt by wrong company and then because of guilt to a maulvi type and then finally i think in the serial back to actually normal :

www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16g1mj?width=500&hideInfos=1

@Levina @django @Ammara Chaudhry @BDforever

1. 'yaad piya ki aaye'... inspired by the subcontinental/hindustani classical music postings of @IrbiS , yesterday i was searching for a particular short song performed by the wadali brothers at the end of a tv show ( i think a indian punjab show ) and this i had watched some months ago... and in the search i found the classic song 'yaad piya ki aaye' that i knew as a background song in the fine hindi film 'prahaar' ( attack ), sung by the indian female singer, shobha gurtu... the song actually turns out to be originally composed and sung by bade ghulam ali khan perhaps 60 years ago and he seems to have composed it because of the death of his wife ( according to internet )... below is the wadali brothers version... it is a nicely modernized one :

2. 'yaad piya ki aaye'... this time by a pretty and rather charming indian female classical singer, kaushiki chakrabarthy... i have never been to a desi classical music or sufi music concert but it would be nice to begin my foray in a concert by her ( :D ) :

3. 'bhor bhaye panghat pe'... irbis may know that this song used in the hindi film 'satyam shivam sundaram' actually was composed by bade ghulam ali khan... below is a live performance of it ( or lip-sync?? ) by the beautiful indian singer, shreya ghoshal, who is not only singing but dancing and giving such nice expressions :

4. the self-declarative title of the serial from which comes the second song posted by @DesertFox97 just above my post reminded me of a nice song 'main abdul qadir hoon' from a pakistani serial of the same name that was told to me by @Zibago... the nice song depicts the serial's protagonist transforming from a naive nerd to a wayward fellow spoilt by wrong company and then because of guilt to a maulvi type and then finally i think in the serial back to actually normal :

before i listen to the songs...
this is for you on your b'day :P

This is what you hear when growing up in the 80's.

Saatwaan Aasman, flop movie, very good songs.

Saatwaan Aasman, flop movie, very good songs.

asha bhosle singing totally off-tune and her voice not suiting pooja bhatt at all. :rofl:

and those 80's and 90's bright dresses. :D

and in that song was vivek mushran so you missed the song that made him famous - "ilu ilu" :

Ilu ilu ilu ilu (((Jhankar ))) HD, Saudagar - 1991, jhankar song frm AHMED - YouTube

and you missed another - "hawa hawa aye hawa", sung by the pakistani singer hasan jahangir :

Hawa Hawa Aye Hawa - YouTube

@jamahir Idk why but never liked this yaad piya ki aye song

hmm, the slowness of the song perhaps??

^^ yup, I hate that ILU ilu song. But, Saudagar was marketed as the re-appearance of Raj Kumar and Yousuf Khan after a long time. Knows most of those time movies...as you know cassettes ka zamana tha..

asha bhosle singing totally off-tune and her voice not suiting pooja bhatt at all. :rofl:

and those 80's and 90's bright dresses. :D

and in that song was vivek mushran so you missed the song that made him famous - "ilu ilu" :

Ilu ilu ilu ilu (((Jhankar ))) HD, Saudagar - 1991, jhankar song frm AHMED - YouTube

and you missed another - "hawa hawa aye hawa", sung by the pakistani singer hasan jahangir :

Hawa Hawa Aye Hawa - YouTube

hmm, the slowness of the song perhaps??

Yep and the lyrics not my cup of tea.

Classic Rafi

@jamahir in two years :D
IMG_4199.JPG

This song came on the radio when I was driving...one of my favourites:

Classic Rafi

a nice jazzy and swinging song.

for some reason it reminded me of 'chale jaana, zara thehero', a favorite :

Around The World - Chale Jana Zara Thehro Kisi - Mukesh - Sharda - YouTube

more like zibago during ramzan time... don't you remember your anti-tharakpan forum behavior last ramzan?? :D

it reminded me of 'jaan leva' which is the most well-known song from that film :

MOKSHA :Jaan Leva Hindi Song With Lyrics - YouTube

i like the film's name 'moksha' ( salvation ) and though i haven't seen the film i always felt, from knowing of its anti-social-injustice storyline, that the film had good promise... it should be remade.

what say, @Levina , @takeiteasy ??

Last edited:
i like the film's name 'moksha' ( salvation ) and though i haven't seen the film i always felt, from knowing of its anti-social-injustice storyli
Yes I have heard that song, Manisha Koirala was the lead actress in the movie. Don't know what the movie was about.

I heard this song after a long time on FM while I was driving back home.
It's an evergreen song. :)

marty finally did it !!
---
@Mentee bhai, forgot to tag you in the previous post.
koe bat nahe-----"m aksar bhool jata ho":D

hmmmmm----so, if it wasn't for @Levina didi, i would have passed just another day of my life--- :mad: ----anyway, many many happy returns of the day ----- dude you just turned 45:partay:
happy-birthday.gif

thats a nice one but check this out---piya ki yad bhool jay gy:P

Last edited:

Still remembers woh neeli ankhein....this song always reminds me of .....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom